SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for sure and added an extra box car for spirit's and such for you all knowing the defense was going to put on a show this week lol.
giphy.gif

I'm ready! Bring it on!

IIRC, AM’s phone was presumably left at the house from 8:05 til he returned to get it after the murders, no movement from his phone during this time period.
He could have hid the guns in the days prior, plenty of opportunity.
Or that morning. He didn’t go to work until after noon. I have speculated this is when he made his preparations. He might have even stashed the long blue raincoat down there that morning, and/or a change of clothes.

I think all three of them walked or rode to the kennels together at around 8:30. Alex was back at the house by 8:05, Paul by 8:08, and Maggie arrived at 8:11. Quick dinner and then down to the kennels.

I know, what about the poor VICTIM MALLORY BEACH and her family and loved ones?

MOO
I feel bad for her family still. It never ends. And watching that HBO series with Paul in the hospital and later is just cringe. I mean I don’t know how I’d react if one of my kids caused an accident that hurt/killed somebody. I know I’d be devastated for the victims but I’m hopeful I would also encourage my child to do the right thing and own up to it. And that would be very hard because a parent’s first instinct is to protect their kid from harm and hurt.

So I understand that part of MM and AM. But they totally neglected to parent with morals and character. Trying to cover up and lie. And upset the community is shunning them. Gross. If they would have come out immediately and professed grief and settled the case civilly, had their kid take responsibility and even went further by maybe setting up a foundation for alcohol awareness in teens or something…totally could have had a different outcome.

Even Maggie’s sister, who was at least a bit of a sympathetic character, made me cringe when she spoke about how devastating the boat crash was for the Murdaugh family!
Believe she may have viewed it through a human standpoint then financial one IMO, I see a broken hearted woman who is now seeing the ugly reality of a man she trusted at one time.

There's not much to attack even by Alex's own admission. He left Moselle at 9:05 approx and returned at 10:00 to find their bodies laying out at the kennels.

Funny how he managed to 'nap' through 2 shotgun and 5 AR blasts and didn't notice their bodies on the drive out, even though he had been texting trying to get ahold of Maggie. Why not stop by the kennels and to see her?

Grrrrr, it's already making my blood boil and it hasn't even started yet, hah.

MOO
Agree, but I think that’s all they have to try. I know they’re going to try to rehabilitate Alex’s character, present him as a man who would not want to or he able to kill his family. Doesn’t matter that this objection was sustained every time the prosecutor said "you really didn’t know Alex did you", he was planting that seed, hope that thought stuck with the jury. We’re going to hear that a lot and closing arguments - that nobody really knew Alex, even his own family did not know him.
Yea, no way he slept those shots and no way to say he heard them but was not alarmed. We live in a rural area on a small ranch, we hear people shooting hogs, doves, etc. but I guarantee anything out of the ordinary my husband’s out of the house as quick as he can to go investigate and that many shots is unusual, especially from 2 different guns. Like most hunters, knowledgeable gun people, he can identify the type of weapon being fired by the sound it makes. Even if you’re used to hearing gun activity, there’s no way AM napped through that many gunshots that close to the house.

Well, if Buster takes the stand for the Defense, it's going to be quite strange. I really don't know what he could testify to except what a wonder father, husband, person, etc. Alex is. Wonder if the State will bring up the jailhouse telephone calls, specifically about AM paying to get BM back into Law School? Typical example of Alex still scheming even behind bars.

The State will need to be careful in cross examination, a lot of people have sympathy for Buster and they don't want to look like they are badgering him.

The 'accident' expert, I think it's going to be the video recreation of the murders. It can't be a murder/suicide because there was no gun left at the scene, so I guess the Defense will be going with a revenge, 2 shooter (not Alex) defense.

MOO

Same here bout Buster, It wouldn’t surprise me if the state passes on him.

Or that morning. He didn’t go to work until after noon. I have speculated this is when he made his preparations. He might have even stashed the long blue raincoat down there that morning, and/or a change of clothes.

I think all three of them walked or rode to the kennels together at around 8:30. Alex was back at the house by 8:05, Paul by 8:08, and Maggie arrived at 8:11. Quick dinner and then down to the kennels.
I agree, another thought the guns didn’t necessarily even have to be hidden. It was a hunting lodge, Maggie and Paul were not in fear for their life, seeing the guns would not raise alarm bells. I think he definitely had clothes somewhere to change into.

I agree, another thought the guns didn’t necessarily even have to be hidden. It was a hunting lodge, Maggie and Paul were not in fear for their life, seeing the guns would not raise alarm bells. I think he definitely had clothes somewhere to change into.
Due to the fact that the house and cabin were not searched like I would it's possible the weapons could be stashed in ether place. I would be the guy going in there and looking for false walls, hidden cubbies as well as floor board's that just don't look right.

What about the cooler? Could have put change of clothes in that with shoes and had that and the guns in place, just waited for Paul’s back to be turned, he was nervous and it was not a clean shot. I do think that Paul was able to see it was his father. Maggie also to to see it was Alex.

Jmo

Defense is expected to pick up with a “lengthy witness” Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.

I just remembered that dick said friday that the next would be lengthy. At that time I thought with 45 plus minutes left we’ll see Dick or do you just want out early.

Jmo

Good morning, y’all!
Train is rolling onward, and the bar is fully stocked thanks to our bartender @Edvis. He's added an extra box car for any special requests you may have. Was over there myself a little bit ago for coffee and it’s all so nicely done and train is about to leave. ;)

Watch trial live here

Agree, but I think that’s all they have to try. I know they’re going to try to rehabilitate Alex’s character, present him as a man who would not want to or he able to kill his family. Doesn’t matter that this objection was sustained every time the prosecutor said "you really didn’t know Alex did you", he was planting that seed, hope that thought stuck with the jury. We’re going to hear that a lot and closing arguments - that nobody really knew Alex, even his own family did not know him.
Yea, no way he slept those shots and no way to say he heard them but was not alarmed. We live in a rural area on a small ranch, we hear people shooting hogs, doves, etc. but I guarantee anything out of the ordinary my husband’s out of the house as quick as he can to go investigate and that many shots is unusual, especially from 2 different guns. Like most hunters, knowledgeable gun people, he can identify the type of weapon being fired by the sound it makes. Even if you’re used to hearing gun activity, there’s no way AM napped through that many gunshots that close to the house.
Agree trying to pump life back into AM's loving man, father and friend body using Buster as the pump. The defense will pull out tape measure, sundial, and satellite expert's to throw off the tech side of this.

Good morning, y’all!
Train is rolling onward, and the bar is fully stocked thanks to our bartender @Edvis. He's added an extra box car for any special requests you may have. Was over there myself a little bit ago for coffee and it’s all so nicely done and train is about to leave. ;)

Watch trial live here
5 star for our webslueths we're going to need it lol. arielilane grabbed her coffee and was out the door, busy girl out there giving us updates, thank you so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr