SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Maggie think she was going to Almeda (where here father-in-law wasn't)? 9 pm?

I suspect she was waiting for Alec. Pacing. While he was, she thought, washing down the kennels --

Thank goodness Paul was able to record those videos. With scant battery, it was beyond lucky he had enough power to do it.

Only three people there.

Only one with means and motive, the one who orchestrated the opportunity.

His admission, handling Paul's phone.

Maggie's blood on Alec's steering wheel, from handling her/her phone.

Her phone, where it was found.

It all points to one person and one alone.

JMO
That whole arrival thing is odd. Wasn’t MM last to arrive? AM and Pm already there, having been out to the sunflower fields?

Her purpose is supposedly the visit to the hospital, but they all arrive late, then eat dinner….go down to the kennels…no rush to get on with the visit.

Ive been thinking about all the turmoil in that family at that moment in time. Proud family has one son kicked out of law school for cheating. More frightening, the other son faces trial and may go to jail.

The patriarch is dying.

The wife discovers bags of pills in husbands stuff…and at least one check bounces. She is terrified her son may go to jail. She feels shunned in her hometown.

The husband is caught embezzling at the family law firm, is caught by son and wife with drugs, is facing having to disclose his financials in the civil trial

Everyone in that family must have been in crisis mode.

Last edited:
RSBM

Because my main anorak focus/fascination is crime scene staging, i've found it quite interesting what "people want' in terms of evidence, and why so much doubt is exhibited over seemingly obvious things. My 02c observations

1. Direct Evidence - you'll often see people demanding 'direct' evidence like blood spatter on the defendant's clothes, and in absence of such evidence, claim the case is purely circumstantial. Such spatter is actually circumstantial - so what i believe they really mean is they don't like making inferences unless there is truly no other possibility.

2. Priced in evidence - sometimes the best evidence against the accused is known from the start and becomes priced in... so somehow the prosecution requires even better evidence if they have no surprise bombshell. IMO Pistorius is the gold standard of this phenomenon. He was fairly obviously guilty from the start, but then what was known was treated as simply the baseline for a contrarian defence where somehow only defence counsel had understood the 'real timeline'

3. Wild speculation ≠ reasonable possibilities - anything that is speculated into existence by defence counsel, somehow has to be disproved. Even where the defendant himself never actually asserted the thing in a statement that is in evidence.

It's fascinating in the current case where the defendant obstructed the investigation, staged the crime scene and constructed a false alibi and it is obvious he is the reason why we don't have the spatter, the murder weapons etc, TV experts nevertheless complain the case is weak compared to some alternate case they imagine could be presented.

Yet how can any of this be explained short of his guilt?

We basically do have half a dozen notarised confession videos ... but somehow they are seen as a point of departure
I love this post!

I think we are seeing all three of these in play in this case. Regarding #3 some people confuse probability and possibility. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, but not beyond ALL possibilities, if they are highly unlikely.

That whole arrival thing is odd. Wasn’t MM last to arrive? AM and Pm already there, having been out to the sunflower fields?

Her purpose is supposedly the visit to the hospital, but they all arrive late, then eat dinner….go down to the kennels…no rush to get on with the visit.

Ive been thinking about all the turmoil in that family at that moment in time. Proud family has one son kicked out of law school for cheating. More frightening, the other son faces trial and may go to jail.

The patriarch is dying.

The wife discovers bags of pills in husbands stuff…and at least one check bounces. She is terrified her son may go to jail. She feels shunned in her hometown.

The husband is caught embezzling at the family law firm, is caught by son and wife with drugs, is facing having to disclose his financials in the civil trial

Everyone in that family must have been in crisis mode.
AM denied that he summoned them. MM was reluctant to go at all. She sensed he was “up to something.” But, who could imagine the unimaginable?

“Just watched Emily D Baker, Law and Lumber+, and they all complained about this trial, how both sides have played fast and loose, asking Leading questions, which are not generally allowed. Emily, a former California Prosecutor said this case should not have been brought, as there is much Info/Proof missing, and AM is already in Jail, so no rush. They also noted that it's obvious the Prosecutor was hungry to convict AM. Emily also thinks it's very possible AM knew the actual Killers, but may have not done the crime himself, so she might have charged him with complicity. They all also have doubts about the exact times of death. The podcast is Friday Night Frenzy/ Murdaugh Murder Trial-Prosecution Rests (Law and Lumber) on Youtube.
Listened, and can see some of their criticism, but You All and I have watched, gone back and forth, pointed out what WE have noticed, and I still feel he is Guilty as sin, But while one lawyer thinks Guilty verdict, the others thing perhaps Hung Jury. If I were a taxpayer in SC, I would be furious if they my tax dollars were wasted. Just MOO
Wanted to make you aware and get Your input. Stay safe, and have a Happy Presidents Day:)

A post by katrinaPA above that I was slow getting to and now the reply button is gone.

I am glad Emily D Baker is not a prosecutor in SC. I don’t want “justice delayed” simply because someone is already locked up so, according to her, there is no rush. Did she not hear Maggie’s sister’s testimony, her tearful testimony about desperately wanting to know who killed her sister and Paul.
I disagree in her assessment that there wasn’t enough evidence to charge AM. It’s not DNA, it’s not a security video, and guess what, it’s not TV. The totality of the evidence is plenty.
She also forgets that the defense demanded a speedy trial, which they are entitled to. It has not served them well in my opinion.
I can’t remember a double murder trial that was not prosecuted because a state decided it would cost too much and they couldn’t guarantee a conviction. What a boon that would be for cold blooded killers.

That last paragraph makes sense. And is so sad. This makes sense. If I heard a shotgun at my property, I’d be bewildered first, concerned it was an accident, but I’d never in a million years think my spouse killed my child.

Does Alex have the most number of podcasts? I can’t keep up with all of them!
As I had posted in past threads and performed some test at an outside gun range the time it would take to shoulder and shoot the first victim twice set the shotgun aside and shoulder the rife then five into the other victim took me under ten seconds while moving about with the rifle, .223. I had the rifle already slung on shoulder and rounds were chambered in both. I see it boots on the ground that both victims knew the killer and were just going about with the usual and the assault came quickly with seconds of surprise and shock to see who the killer was. Maybe up to a minute or more for it to all play out as I see it and more time was spent on the hasty cleanup of clothing and area before moving on to stash weapons and alibi.

MM must have bern fond of Bubba or one of them. Didn’t BM put a litgle dog toy on his Mother’s grave?

Speaking of which, I hope that wasn’t a Defense PR move and thry alerted the media to be there, take pictures. The idea would be that BM loved his Mother and wouldn’t be supporting AM if he killed her.
I wouldn't be surprised if DH is orchestrating every Murdaugh move during this trial down to what color shirt Alec wears each day. :rolleyes: So yes, I bet he told Buster to get himself over to the grave for a photo op. Moo.

Added: I don't mean this to be critical of Buster.

Last edited:
“Just watched Emily D Baker, Law and Lumber+, and they all complained about this trial, how both sides have played fast and loose, asking Leading questions, which are not generally allowed. Emily, a former California Prosecutor said this case should not have been brought, as there is much Info/Proof missing, and AM is already in Jail, so no rush. They also noted that it's obvious the Prosecutor was hungry to convict AM. Emily also thinks it's very possible AM knew the actual Killers, but may have not done the crime himself, so she might have charged him with complicity. They all also have doubts about the exact times of death. The podcast is Friday Night Frenzy/ Murdaugh Murder Trial-Prosecution Rests (Law and Lumber) on Youtube.
Listened, and can see some of their criticism, but You All and I have watched, gone back and forth, pointed out what WE have noticed, and I still feel he is Guilty as sin, But while one lawyer thinks Guilty verdict, the others thing perhaps Hung Jury. If I were a taxpayer in SC, I would be furious if they my tax dollars were wasted. Just MOO
Wanted to make you aware and get Your input. Stay safe, and have a Happy Presidents Day:)

A post by katrinaPA above that I was slow getting to and now the reply button is gone.

I am glad Emily D Baker is not a prosecutor in SC. I don’t want “justice delayed” simply because someone is already locked up so, according to her, there is no rush. Did she not hear Maggie’s sister’s testimony, her tearful testimony about desperately wanting to know who killed her sister and Paul.
I disagree in her assessment that there wasn’t enough evidence to charge AM. It’s not DNA, it’s not a security video, and guess what, it’s not TV. The totality of the evidence is plenty.
She also forgets that the defense demanded a speedy trial, which they are entitled to. It has not served them well in my opinion.
I can’t remember a double murder trial that was not prosecuted because a state decided it would cost too much and they couldn’t guarantee a conviction. What a boon that would be for cold blooded killers.
I always avoid the “media experts.” They are perpetually selling their own product. They have nothing to lose either way. Grandstanding. Also, the defense has, by law, the right to a speedy trial, as you state. Great big faux pas! Again, you are correct in stating that the totality of evidence (which would sink an aircraft carrier) is quite a pile for the defense to dig out from under. I believe that if AM is truly innocent of these murders, his best (if not only) hope for acquittal is to testify.

How likely do you think it is that this could happen?
I've heard a couple times that AM did this when representing clients, but I have no resources to prove this. All I can think is that his family has roots all over this County, so a Juror favorable, knowing someone in the family might slip through as well. Perfection does not exist. MOO

@Warwick7 posted this in Thread #25:
No. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we aren't going to send a random paragraph. Let alone put the word ANSWERED sporadically.

Yes we've been writing letters during covid but, and yes making calls but no texting unless we know them personally.

This, is weird. She has his private number and it just happens to be about money and they will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

At this moment Im banking on someone threatening him or something similar.

- - - - - - - - -

@LetsSolvIt:
This scripture text to Alec seems totally random both in sender and content. And I don't think he deleted it with his other recent texts, did he?

And someone reminded us that Ms. W must be in his address book or the text would have arrived under only a telephone number. I highly doubt AM hinted his murder plan to anyone in advance (or since) but it's got to be more than coincidence how this scripture relates to June 7, 2021.

Could this be some code message related to his alleged illegal drug dealings?

I am really intrigued by this text. Would love to know what LE thought about it.

Last edited:
I always avoid the “media experts.” They are perpetually selling their own product. They have nothing to lose either way. Grandstanding. Also, the defense has, by law, the right to a speedy trial, as you state. Great big faux pas! Again, you are correct in stating that the totality of evidence (which would sink an aircraft carrier) is quite a pile for the defense to dig out from under. I believe that if AM is truly innocent of these murders, his best (if not only) hope for acquittal is to testify.
Good points. I think EDB said she thought prosecuting all the Very Provable Financial crimes first would have been better, but for me, I was angry that it took LE a Year to even Arrest him. How many other crimes might he have committed in that year? HIs influence let him literally get away with murder IMPOV.

I believe the caretaker house referred to is at Almeda. Evidence showed AM pulling into the Almeda property and going to the rear of property to the "caretaker cabin" before visiting his mother in the main house.
Confusing. Thanks much:) Blanca did refer to a Cabin, where she said AM would go to change clothes, get something to eat, but didn't stay there, as he was staying with family/friends, not going back to the property where the murders occurred.

@Warwick7 posted this in Thread #25:
No. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we aren't going to send a random paragraph. Let alone put the word ANSWERED sporadically.

Yes we've been writing letters during covid but, and yes making calls but no texting unless we know them personally.

This, is weird. She has his private number and it just happens to be about money and they will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

At this moment Im banking on someone threatening him or something similar.

- - - - - - - - -

@LetsSolvIt:
This scripture text to Alec seems totally random both in sender and content. And I don't think he deleted it with his other recent texts, did he?

And someone reminded us that Ms. W must be in his address book or the text would have arrived under only a telephone number. I highly doubt AM hinted his murder plan to anyone in advance (or since) but it's got to be more than coincidence how this scripture relates to June 7, 2021.

Could this be some code message related to his alleged illegal drug dealings?

I am really intrigued by this text. Would love to know what LE thought about it.

I’m wondering whether the scripture text was something he signed up for, like a daily devotional that was automatically sent to him each day. I know you can sign up to get emails like that.

The state took 20 days and still haven’t gotten me any closer to believing AM is guilty. Their case is100% circumstantial. And it’s a WEAK circumstantial case IMO. The best evidence they presented was the Onstar data IMO. And I wonder EXACTLY how accurate that even is. They want to bring up his financial crimes and addiction problems. Yes, he is a and a thief and he’s screwed a lot of people over. But IMO there is a very bold line between financial crimes and killing your family. IMO
Circumstantial and Direct evidence have equal weight In a court of Law.

Circumstantial and Direct evidence have equal weight In a court of Law.

I would even argue that you could throw out every piece of prosecution evidence except for the 8:44pm video and he would be found guilty. The defense hasn’t even tried to refute it and it is the cornerstone of the case against him. Everything else fills in the picture, but that video is his downfall.
Bravo Little Detective!

As I had posted in past threads and performed some test at an outside gun range the time it would take to shoulder and shoot the first victim twice set the shotgun aside and shoulder the rife then five into the other victim took me under ten seconds while moving about with the rifle, .223. I had the rifle already slung on shoulder and rounds were chambered in both. I see it boots on the ground that both victims knew the killer and were just going about with the usual and the assault came quickly with seconds of surprise and shock to see who the killer was. Maybe up to a minute or more for it to all play out as I see it and more time was spent on the hasty cleanup of clothing and area before moving on to stash weapons and alibi.

Interesting thoughts. I agree. If there were strangers on the property, chances are they would have been moving toward the car, especially if the car was unknown. Additionally, if after the first shots, MM became alerted (no doubt that she was IMO) then if it was a stranger with guns she would have run once she saw the person and the gun. The only time she wouldn't is if she knows the person holding the gun. Then, she would more likely move closer to see what had happened. Strange people shooting and pointing guns don't generally have people moving toward them because there are too many variables. Either AM wanted MM to see the carnage before she died or realized that PM was a better shot and leaving him alive longer meant that he would possibly be in danger .

For me, with all of the evidence presented and the continual lies of this man, I see him as guilty. In the same way that I saw Mark Sievers as guilty. AM is a lying, self-promoting, and self-caring man. Can't wait to see him put away for the rest of his life X 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member