SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp I put up a shot of the Titanic after the Prosecution's bad day last week so I think it's only fair to give this to the Defense Team for today's debacle! Oh and I love the defeated Poot shuffle whenever he gets spanked by the judge! Oh the humanity!!

View attachment 404574

I also loved seeing JG get a stern public scolding by Judge Newman for his irresponsible re-Tweet of WaPo article.

I wish JG could have gotten worse but if he were suspended like the football player, it would have caused a mistrial, but then maybe that's what he wanted. o_O

I think AM is guilty. That said...

...my sister lives in the low country. I don't know what type of grass she has, but her household drives and parks on the grass all the time when there are extra cars around. Her yard/grass looks healthier than folks who have lawn services treating their grass routinely. (She has a guy who cuts her grass and he's always appalled at how badly they treat the grass, drive/park on it, etc. Yet even he admits that her grass looks better than anyone else's in the neighborhood.) You don't see tire tracks and there are not dirt patches because they do move the cars (rather than leaving them parked for long or extended periods of time). So, I can actually see how someone could pull up on the grass to park (an hour, an afternoon, even overnight or a day or two) and you not being able to tell it was specifically used for parking. Maybe it's the sandy soil making for hardy grass that can withstand a lot. MOO.
Interesting and up here in MI. I can't even fall down on mine and it leaves a bare spot lol. I even talk to it which leads to threats.

I understand that most people think AM is guilty and I pretty much agree, however, I’m still hung up on his seemingly love for his family. I do think he loved all of them and I think he was very dedicated as a father, so obviously murdering them in the way that he did (gruesome) goes against this thought. I don’t know, I’ve never had a massive drug problem or have been in financial ruin so it’s probably hard for me to understand the psyche behind such horrific actions. It’s perplexing to me. Side note: Harpootlian is an *advertiser censored*
Looks like ol Alex loves his money more than his family in my opinion.
I also loved seeing JG get a stern public scolding by Judge Newman for his irresponsible re-Tweet of WaPo article.

I wish JG could have gotten worse but if he were suspended like the football player, it would have caused a mistrial, but then maybe that's what he wanted. o_O

It was a wonderful way to start out the week!!

I have never seen any attorney so eager to argue that their client is an addict.
My personal opinion is that the defense wants the jury to believe “it’s the addiction that’s making him make these bad decisions", stealing from everyone he knew, that he’s not inherently a bad person, he is not capable of killing his family . I’m not saying that the opioids were not a part of his life but they are making ridiculous claims such as 50k/week on drugs. It will be interesting to see if defense brings forth doctors to verify that he actually went through withdrawls, etc. He created some elaborate schemes, seemed to be functioning quite well, if he were taking the amount of drugs that the defense is alleging, that would be impossible. MOO

Last edited:
I understand that most people think AM is guilty and I pretty much agree, however, I’m still hung up on his seemingly love for his family. I do think he loved all of them and I think he was very dedicated as a father, so obviously murdering them in the way that he did (gruesome) goes against this thought. I don’t know, I’ve never had a massive drug problem or have been in financial ruin so it’s probably hard for me to understand the psyche behind such horrific actions. It’s perplexing to me. Side note: Harpootlian is an *advertiser censored*

Why are you hung up? Chris Watts, by all accounts a loving father, drove his two daughters to an oil field with their dead mother at their feet, suffocated them and stuffed them in oil tanks.

Yep, these small people just show up and voila! Weapons appear.

Well, I mean to be fair, it isn't always easy for 12 year olds to get their hands on a rifle and shotgun of their own to bring. Oh, wait...we're talking about the Low Country. Even more proof it was Alex, then--because even 12 year olds would have brought their own weapons and not just relied on the crime scene having some available for them.

The most "generous" explanation I can conjure up is he "saved what he could". He knew his life was over. He believed Paul's life was over-he knew Paul was driving the boat and, unlike prior times, hardly anyone was on Murdaugh's side so that was a likely conviction.

And the $$-I mean, it's all gone. Now maybe some has been squirreled away but Alex isn't getting to it. I don't think Cousin Eddie is going to help him out. If Maggie was already staying away over the boat crash I can imagine how ballistic she'd go once all his financial crimes came to light. There's no way she knew anything about him stealing IMO. She believed they were well off, not as much as her sister, but lots for Hampton, which she was never crazy about.

So he could have killed her either to spare her from poverty or to spare himself from having to deal with her IN poverty and him incarcerated.

Or maybe it's true that he had always been smitten with Maggie from first sight and he was unable to deal with her finding out.

Obviously, I don't know the specifics but based on his behavior I'd say whatever the reason he made a very calculated decision that involved sparing Buster.

So, they shoot them and then retrieve them and then they put the injured quail back in the pens? But the dogs don’t harm them after they have been shot and rendered injured but not quite dead. Because the dogs have a soft mouth technique. Party time. Geez.
No, the birds are dead when they shoot them. Soft mouth refers to teaching the dogs to not bite or chew on the bird when they retrieve it even though the bird is dead. they don’t want the dogs to damage the feathers on the bird.

Why are you hung up? Chris Watts, by all accounts a loving father, drove his two daughters to an oil field with their dead mother at their feet, suffocated them and stuffed them in oil tanks.

Yep. I think AM is a "charming" psychopath. (I am not a doctor nor do I play on on tv.) But, still, from reading armchair psychology articles, I would say that AM has those traits. (I am not wanting to derail the thread but just post my thought as to why he can appear affable/charming/a family man yet also still be guilty of heinous crimes.) IMO.

After the BM testimony today I believe that he knows the truth of what happened that night. I also think he was told this on the long ride home alone with AM from Florida. BM probably knows where the $$$$ is too. Clearly he's not worried about his personal security because he knows who the killer is. I am sad that he had no emotion about losing his mother and his brother. All jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc