SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, I watched some of the talking heads on some YouTube channel and I wonder if they are watching the same trial. 3 guys on one of those channels said the Defense did a great job with that last witness while the State didn't?? Huh???

Then I realized that those guys aren't working right now because IF they were any good and working they'd be in a courtroom instead of picking up extra jack being a talking head on a daytime crime network. Then I also thought that those guys and gals are looking at things from another lawyer's point of view and not that of a jury member. To me, that is why they get so many of these cases wrong. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Narcs do that. MOO

And the victims of Narcs develop a trait called hyper-vigilance. I might substitute "Long term Alpha Male figure" for Narc, but it's the same thing. Alpha males believe in themselves and their hype.

Being hyper-vigilant as a defense response to living/being around an overly dominant person is standard equipment for humans, but that too affects attention span (hyper focus instead of nodding off when not the center of attention). Anyone under the spell of the Leader sacrifices some of their own insight and mental space. I think we see that in Buster. To me, Buster looked determined to do well (please his father) on the stand and was rewarded with a pat.

IMO.

Are most (if not all) defense expert witnesses paid? I don't follow trials enough.
Yes. It is literally in their job description that they testify as expert witnesses. Their “accomplishments” as such is listed on their CV, and you can do caselaw searches to find cases they testify in. They are paid witnesses.

The defense calls its eighth witness, Barbara Mixson, one of AM’s mother’s housekeepers and caregivers. She is 71. Still cares for Libby Murdaugh. Mixson was also called out on Murdaugh’s roadside shooting confession video for (allegedly) selling Murdaugh pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbw0021