SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I just saw on June 8th at 8:21 a text from Alex to CB Rowe asks him to clean the drive and yard for visitors.

Less than 12 hours after the murders and he is concerned with the drive and yard for visitors to the murder scene? WHY?

Still trying to set up CB Rowe who showed up at Moselle with bleach-- perhaps suggested by AM, to clean up the driveway and crime scene!

(Mark Ball testified about this -- thought it strange somebody showed up the day after the murders with bleach).

I was lured in today by all the news about Murdaugh taking the stand. All this time I have avoided following this case, but of course I’ve heard bits and pieces along the way.

Wow, what a mind-blowing day! I knew the basic outlines, but I didn’t know important things like the kennel video, the change of clothes and a host of other relevant info.

IMO the lie about not seeing his wife and son until an hour and a half later, when he was actually there at the place and just about the time they were killed, is so dramatically telling of guilt.

I don’t buy the paranoia. As others have said, he’s been allegedly sober for a long time now. He could have come clean about this long ago.

What I saw in AM today was IMO an experienced lawyer using all his powers to sway a jury. As he has done throughout his career, but this time when he is the one whose freedom is at stake.

All this “Paw Paw” and down-home shtick did not land well with me. Too overtly trying to play the good ole boy for the jury, while in real life, he manipulated every situation he’s been in. Being conspicuous with the badge, trying to intimidate those around him, LYING and STEALING from vulnerable clients, lying to LE, lying to his business partners.

Selective retention throughout his testimony. Only remembering what he wants to and “foggy” on the rest. Only admitted to being a liar and a thief since he was cornered, anyway.

What a rude awakening for me, now that I’m informed of just how HUGE of a dirtbag he is.

It’s alarming to me that some jurors were crying. I get the excellent point that the prosecutor was making but I feel it was too repetitive and was losing the jury.

I would like to spray “likes” to so many posts here that imo make terrific points, but I’m so far behind.

I hope tomorrow the prosecutor nails him to the cross during cross!

JMO

Last edited:
The kennel is over 3 football fields from the house and downhill. TV on, you aren't going to hear shots from there.
(Clipped for brevity)
So.....do you think the *Real Killers* would find it difficult to travel another 300 Yds to *finish the job*?
After all....They went through the trouble of executing his wife and child....so why leave a *Stone Unturned* when they can go for the *trophy shot* ?? They (*Killers*) must have been surveilling the kennel for a sufficient period of time to verify that ALL THREE were present at some point in time, so why let AM leave? AND... if he did so, why not finish him off at the house?

Last edited:
The kennel is over 3 football fields from the house and downhill. TV on, you aren't going to hear shots from there.

He may be a scoundrel, but it doesn't make him a murderer.

Yes, he could have been taking that much OXY and still been functioning. At $100 a pop, that's 16.5 pills a day. Seen high functioning people do it. They usually die of liver and kidney failure before 50.

All this stealing stuff will come back to haunt the prosecutor either in this court or the next.

I didn't see acting.

Still trying to figure out how Maggie's phone was already on the side of the road when he passed it in his car.

And the blood splattered shirt was not blood splatter after all?

If that was AM's rain jacket full of GSR, it would also be full of his DNA. Was there silence on this one?

Seems he is being tried because he is a liar and a thief.
And h

ad time to delete texts/calls
yes IIRC he made several calls to his wife and they were shown on her phone, but no outgoing on his and it wasnt due to data being pushed out to make room.

Why didn’t you have a key to your elderly parents house?
Why was Moselle in Maggie’s name only? When was it put in her name?
Where is the blue shirt?
Why was there no blood on your shoes?
Was Pauls stolen gun reported?
Were threats to Paul reported to police?
Why didn’t you call Buster immediately?

I think the prosecution has been able to show that AM is capable of illegal and harmful acts against people he admires, cares for and to whom has promised help, loyalty and honesty.

He is also capable of forgetting the actual moments when he hurt or tricked them. A weird kind of amnesia. Apparently caused by drugs he was still taking until he went to jail. Or by his own psychopathy.

Having used up the pool of trusting clients, partners and siblings , there seems to be no moral barrier to wanting his wife’s share and to cut losses due to his son.

and of course he cannot remember doing it, like always. No details stick in his mind, even if he knows he has looked all these victims in the eye.

Brrr. Very cold man.

Why didn’t you have a key to your elderly parents house?
Why was Moselle in Maggie’s name only? When was it put in her name?
Where is the blue shirt?
Why was there no blood on your shoes?
Was Pauls stolen gun reported?
Were threats to Paul reported to police?
Why didn’t you call Buster immediately?
Im wondering if the pros is going to ask if he had a key to his parents house or just didnt have it with him. might need to take some anti-nausea medication when he responds with 3 more questions before he can answer it.

I took 8 pages of notes today and then as I was hearing the testimony made parenthetical remarks. Here's what I noted. AM nodding and trying to look serious. AM crying and sucking his mouth just after explaining that when he feels paranoid, he takes deep breaths real quickly and that usually helps--except it apparently never helped whenever he was asked about being at the kennels at 8:44. He would never intentionally hurt MM or PM. I asked, "What about unintentionally?" "What a tangled web we weave..." Yes, Alex, but you're smart enough to know how to untangle a web. AM offered that MM would often come to Moselle without AM asking her, even though JG never asked this. "You couldn't be around Paul and not have a good time." Unless you're Mallory Beach, Connor Cook, Morgan, etc. (see Netflix accounts). "Now that I've had the benefit of seeing the records." (Yep) JG stops the June 7 narrative to help AM regroup about why he suddenly changes his mind to go down to the kennels. Jumps to June 4 instead, then goes back to narrative. AM fumbling around with how much he should remember about Cash. Should he pretend to remember just Cash, or Cash's tail? Offers explanations without being questioned, such as explaining why he would see his mom late at night even though she had Alzeimers, like AM is anticipating being crossed on this. Anyone but me think the grass extends way past the satellite dish? So AM's alibi for seeing his mom was she was agitated, and his alibi for leaving early was because she wasn't. Much more but getting wordy.

He may be a scoundrel, but it doesn't make him a murderer.

Yes, he could have been taking that much OXY and still been functioning. At $100 a pop, that's 16.5 pills a day. Seen high functioning people do it. They usually die of liver and kidney failure before 50.

All this stealing stuff will come back to haunt the prosecutor either in this court or the next.

I didn't see acting.

Still trying to figure out how Maggie's phone was already on the side of the road when he passed it in his car.

And the blood splattered shirt was not blood splatter after all?

If that was AM's rain jacket full of GSR, it would also be full of his DNA. Was there silence on this one?

Seems he is being tried because he is a liar and a thief.

How Many Decibels Is A Gunshot | How Far Away Can You Hear a Gunshot

Quote:

Regular Gun​

A handgun shot can be heard as far as 1 mile away depending on the conditions.
More powerful shotgun ammunition can be heard up to 2 miles away.
Unquote.

So that is 10,560 feet for a shotgun to be within hearing range. Three football fields is 1,080 feet. Yes, anyone in the house should have heard something.

Alex is highly manipulative, arrogant, and appears to be a sociopath, with Addictive Personality Disorder. Also, he's a pathological liar.

My opinion is that he is guilty. He's doing a fair job of acting, though. All the defense has to do is get one jury member to believe what they are selling. I think it might work. With a hung jury, the state will have to re-try the case.

We will have to wait and see, but these are a jury of his peers, who are from around that same area. They might not understand a lot of the scientific evidence. I think it could go either way with the jury and will be very surprised if they have a unanimous verdict to convict. It's good to know that he will still be doing time for his financial crimes, at least.

One day, if he is free again and if he starts using opiods again, he will become "paranoid" and start acting like a criminal mastermind again. He isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Alex has no problem admitting guilt, after he's been caught, with the exception of this double homicide. He still believes he can get away with it, so he'll continue to lie about it.

His tears for Paul are real, because I think he has PTSD from killing Maggie and Paul. I don't believe he grieved a lot for Maggie. PTSD doesn't mean he's not guilty. He's acting on the witness stand, IMO.

Why did AM go down to the kennels after not finding MM or PM in the house? He admitted being hot, tired, and sweaty after a long day of work, riding around with PM, and going up to the kennels in the heat after showering to mess with the dogs. Why not just call them like he did before he left for Almeda? If he didn't bother to drive by the kennels on his way to his mom's house, he had even less reason to drive there, being in the house already. The only reason I can think of is that he needed to "discover" the bodies.

Oh, if only CW on Friday has a chance to utter Charles Laughton's (Sir Wilfred's) great lines from Witness for the Prosecution, my favorite movie of all time. "The question is, Frau Helm (substitute AM), were you lying then, are you lying now, or are you not in fact a chronic and habitual LIAR!" OR a great runner up: "My Lord, may I also remind my learned friend that his witness, by her own admission, has already violated so many oaths that I am surprised the Testament did not LEAP FROM HER HAND when she was sworn here today! I doubt if anything is to be gained by questioning you any further! That will be all, Frau Helm!"

AM said he never brought a tarp/raincoat to his parents house. Knows nothing about it. Also said he only told Shelley to be prepared to answer questions and tell the truth. He didnt say tell them I stayed for 30 to 40 minutes? Shelley is lying I guess according to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz