SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the stuff he has admitted, won't he be locked up for a long time anyway? By this point he will be admitting so many crimes to avoid this one he will still be in jail until he dies
I agree, however, I want justice for MM and PM (and Bubba...who seems to be living his best life now with Blanca.)
MOO.

Not found. But mechanical markings on 300 Blackout casings found at the scene match mechanical markings on casings found from various other locations on the property where family members' 300 Blackouts were used for shooting. This indicates they were shot from the same rifle. And the 300 Blackout rifle previously kept at Moselle is missing, at least since the night of the murders.

I still disagree about this. You could have many guns with with similar or even the same mil-spec barrels, bolt carrier groups, etc...and would all produce similar markings. I move around bolts to several different guns as they're all on this same platform. You could probably find similar markings from many of the guns in the community that were build by the gunsmith who testified earlier. The markings on the casings mean zero to me in this instance.

I admittedly came to this trial late (yesterday!), so forgive this question. Has the prosecution introduced any direct evidence to tie him to the murders? I’m hearing a lot of what I consider to be very good circumstantial evidence, but I haven’t heard much direct discussed in this cross.

There were certainly no eyewitnesses and apparently no cameras on the property where the murders occurred, that we know of.

DNA is useless here, as all three participants in this event had reason to have their DNA everywhere. A drop or smear of MM's blood was found on the steering wheel of the Suburban, IIRC. AM says he touched the bodies. So the blood evidence doesn't reveal anything. No shower drains to look at (although, seriously, a good forensic team probably could have found something - but everyone was thrown off the trail thinking they were looking for stranger shooters by Alex's lies and statements).

Most murder cases are circumstantial. This one is a classic example where there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, plus opportunity (as we now know) plus ballistics that say the weapons were owned by the Murdaughs - but have been missing since that fateful night.

IMO

Well .." They mastered the art of camouflage and invisibility." So they are pretty well instructed and hold all the necessary credentials and certifications....if in fact those credentials and certifications even exist!

View attachment 405275
Are these guys tiny enough? The bling would help light up the woods so they didn't get lost though may have awakened the guard chickens

CW is coming full circle. The June 7 storm he referred to in opening is now pretty clear -- drugs, debt, stealing, boat case pressures, and, although I'm not entirely clear on this, his wife may have had the refuse to use their property as a means to secure loans. JMO.

Last edited:

I believe when Paul was charged criminally, there were so many half truths, misrepresentations about Paul reported in the media. The social media response was so vile, they were so over-the-top that no one would believe anyone would do that.

I believe the wrong person who saw and read that, the person who did what I saw, hated Paul Murdaugh and I had anger in their heart.
So now we're back to the one person scenario and we're supposed to think that they mistook Maggie for AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn