SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am laughing my Head Off !! Waters has his cell phone giving him alerts all the time, and he quickly pulls out his phone from his pockets and quick reads the message. IMO: TOTAL POWER PLAY on Murdaugh intended to rub it in that Murdug has no cell fone to play with....

Apologies if the group has discussed this, but I am just catching up watching AM's testimony. For experts:

Is it a Southern custom for courts to allow a defendant's testimony to become a soliloquy?

As noted, there is a Clintonesque quality to AM - just keep putting space between his response and the question, or even more boldly, to answer a question with a question. It is mind boggling to me that the judge allows this to happen.

And - frick all this "sir..", talking of "honor", from AM on the stand. It's just all bs.

AM's way of talking reminds me of Confederate cultural stereotypes you see in Civil War movies. Sheesh.
Is this the actual way that deep Southerners actually interact with one another?
This isn’t a southern thing. Does AM remind you of Clinton in the way he answers? Yes. They are both lawyers.

Did CW ask AM about the $600,000 line of credit against Moselle that Alex requested from Palmetto State Bank shortly before the murders? I'm wondering if Maggie, as the owner of Moselle, refused to sign off on that. JMO.

ETA: I know he couldn't get money from Moselle after she died -- I'm wondering about before she died.
I think AM and PM were coming to crossroads. She didn't need his lies and pills and $$$ bs, the boys were older out on their own or soon to be. She might have just been plain ole' tired of his crap. moo

I admittedly came to this trial late (yesterday!), so forgive this question. Has the prosecution introduced any direct evidence to tie him to the murders? I’m hearing a lot of what I consider to be very good circumstantial evidence, but I haven’t heard much direct discussed in this cross.
There really is no direct evidence in this case. Prosecution is relying on solid circumstantial evidence and a motive tied directly to a number of financial pressures on the morning of the murders that caused AM to kill his wife and son. My answer assumes you are new to the case entirely, not just the trial.

Apologies if the group has discussed this, but I am just catching up watching AM's testimony. For experts:

Is it a Southern custom for courts to allow a defendant's testimony to become a soliloquy?

As noted, there is a Clintonesque quality to AM - just keep putting space between his response and the question, or even more boldly, to answer a question with a question. It is mind boggling to me that the judge allows this to happen.

And - frick all this "sir..", talking of "honor", from AM on the stand. It's just all bs.

AM's way of talking reminds me of Confederate cultural stereotypes you see in Civil War movies. Sheesh.
Is this the actual way that deep Southerners actually interact with one another?

Ummm...Yes. I have many family members that talk EXACTLY like this. They have this same drawl, nicknames, interesting phrases, etc...Many people upthread from around the general area or parts of the South have also chimed in.

I find it interesting how many people think it's made up or some fake cartoonish thing. There are many parts of the world with different accents so pretty good odds he wouldn't sound like this if he were from New Jersey or Australia.

ETA- You should visit the South. Some of the most polite, respectful and pleasant people you'll meet. It's a different culture

This is what is wrong with the world. A self proclaimed liar, who preyed on people who trusted him, he is a world class manipulator, he is a lawyer who knows the tactics lawyers use so he's trying to predict and do damage control before questions are even asked.. people say Waters is being a jerk?

So the manipulator and control freak who has abused the trust he had with probably every person he's ever known is now a victim of a lawyer being tough on him?

He isn't being tough enough. What this evil man deserves, can never be dealt to him on earth.
Too many fall for Con Artist crap. FACTS Matter over hearsay and BS.
IMO, his current lawyers will not give this man another thought nor will his former partners and so called friends
He is not the only Murdaugh left in the area overall. HIs brother Randy still works for the redesigned Firm. Only time will tell, no matter the Verdict here. He screwed so many from all walks of life, and if I lived there, I would not trust Anyone from that family.
Also, those he borrowed from, had dealings with are some shady characters in my mind as well, perhaps not Criminal, but I'd bet there is more than one living and doing business right along eh line of legality, and they should all be investigated. Many fingers in this pie!MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke