SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously AM doesn't think so. This is why he was careful to say that that paranoia comes at times suddenly in short bursts (when he sees a police car, etc.), and that he can control it by quickly taking deep breaths to calm himself. I wonder if he ever scared himself with his blue lights and two fake LE badges?
Yeah even though his SUV was tricked out with police lights and his badge was handy, he got nervous...I don't think so

Lol.
What it sounds like from all of AM's over-explaining is that he has a pattern of blaming others for his own failures.
Sorry that his wife and to a lesser extent --his children -- had to put up with that.
M00.
Not to speak ill of he dead, but AM provided his family with a very cushy life, 'never balanced a checkbook', living high on the Hog as they say. He covered for both his sons' bad deeds over time, as his position let them skate away from punishments of any kind. HIs own father also participated, at least in the Boat accident, and who know what else. Acquaintances of Maggie said she was somewhat jealous of her sister, and that family, as they were better off financially. She felt living in Hampton was beneath the status she had, being married to a Murdaugh. Seems they did have a very close family, but even when her sister testified, she said Maggie had a comfortable life, but not a wealthy one, which irked me greatly, as none of these people think they have enough, no matter how much money or properties they have. Living in a Fantasy world.
Absolutely No Excuse for Murder! Sad and pathetic. MOO

Did CW ask AM about the $600,000 line of credit against Moselle that Alex requested from Palmetto State Bank shortly before the murders? I'm wondering if Maggie, as the owner of Moselle, refused to sign off on that. JMO.

ETA: I know he couldn't get money from Moselle after she died -- I'm wondering about before she died.
He and Buster were trying to sell assets, I believe he thought he or Buster could retain Moselle.

I still disagree about this. You could have many guns with with similar or even the same mil-spec barrels, bolt carrier groups, etc...and would all produce similar markings. I move around bolts to several different guns as they're all on this same platform. You could probably find similar markings from many of the guns in the community that were build by the gunsmith who testified earlier. The markings on the casings mean zero to me in this instance.
It certainly seems like both the prosecution and defense agree that the murder weapon was Paul's gun. (Maybe because Paul apparently didn't clean his guns often? I don't know, I'm not a gun expert.)

I would think if there was any doubt that the murder weapon was owned by the Murdaughs, the defense would have been able to bring in experts to contest that fact. That would have been a huge win for them, and it would have opened up a lot of possibilities as to means.

"When was the last time you saw them"

"Oh, I don't know.... I had been to my mom's for like an hour and a half, and then maybe 45 minutes BEFORE that"

(This may not be completely accurate)

...... after all of the questioning today about seconds that he left them and then they were shot, and the concerned father said he hadn't seen them 45 minutes before he left the property.....

Yea i don’t understand it. Mob mentality. No rationale to why it’s not him. Court tv FB is full of ppl believing he’s innocent.
Seems they think it should be like a CSI episode, if there’s not that smoking gun, video, dna etc then you have to not convict. The lies and timeline is the smoking gun in this case Moo

This is what is wrong with the world. A self proclaimed liar, who preyed on people who trusted him, he is a world class manipulator, he is a lawyer who knows the tactics lawyers use so he's trying to predict and do damage control before questions are even asked.. people say Waters is being a jerk?

So the manipulator and control freak who has abused the trust he had with probably every person he's ever known is now a victim of a lawyer being tough on him?

He isn't being tough enough. What this evil man deserves, can never be dealt to him on earth.
Maybe if the court was allowed to show life size pictures of all of the clients that Alex stole from, the disabled, the quadriplegics, the buried and dead, the orphans, the brain injured etc. the very idea of an attorney being tough on Alex would be as shameful as we know it to be. Give me a break.

what are opioid blocker strips?

Given to addicts who have finished rehab, usually - they need to leave the strip on (their doctor or parole officer may check on it; families are told to check).

It blocks the happy-making dopamine effects of opiates, so if the person does sneak back into using, they won't get their high. It also reduces the number of dopamine receptors, IIRC, so that the person is more likely to be able to supply their own happy chemicals without opiates (over time).

There are other drugs (like methadone) that may be given to aid the person in the acute withdrawal phase (I'm sure there are others).

AM should not be needing suboxone, if he's clean in

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members