SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorneys, always address each other as Mr/Ms, The Honorable, etc, in court. I thinl that's across the county, maybe?
I am sure it is, I think the poster was referring to Alex, while he used to be an attorney, was referring to these southern manners being used by the defendant on the stand being normal out of the courtroom too, will not effect them

Last edited:
Read the room!!! Holy smokes.... the gallery even looks defeated. This is incredible. Everyone is dead serious and it's like everyone finally got " IT ". He's GUILTY. He'd be dead if this was another state. I can't remember seeing such a palpable feeling of guilt by the 80-100 people on TV before. What a complete disaster putting that man on the stand.

WHAT???!!!!! SHUT THE HELL UP ALEX! WHY is he allowed to finish speaking. He's done asking questions! He argued with the judge!!!???? He doesn't get the last word!! PATHETIC!!
I hope jurors "get" how inappropriate and unusual it is for a defendant to confidently argue with the Judge, politely though as if he is entirely convinced he deserves special treatment. The level of arrogance and self importance. Like he only pretends to "admit" that which is incontrovertible. but still spins out justifications. Mind boggling.

I just had a thought. Did he have time to take Maggie’s phone down the road on the golf cart immediately after killing them before going back to the house? It would take about 2 -3 minutes. Would that work with the timeline and steps?
IMO, yes he could have done anything during the time of 8:45 until 9:02. We know Maggie's phone has steps from 8:53-8:55 I think it was.. 59 or 62 steps something like that. His phone doesn't record any steps until 9:02 and we know then that wherever he left his phone (assuming inside the house somewhere or outside up close to the house) is where he would have picked it up from at 9:02. So anything is possible from 8:45 to 9:02 I would narrow that down even more though because I think he picked her phone up at 8:53 so I think before that he was cleaning himself up, changing clothing or whatever down near the kennels. Then he gets her phone and goes to the golf cart and rides off.. he could have went over and dumped her phone for sure. He had 10ish minutes before he picked his phone up.

Another thought was he was pushing for the data because he wanted to know BEFORE he was suspect #1 what data they did or didn't have. If it showed her phone moved with his vehicle, then he would have made up some other story about how she left her phone in his truck.. his goal seemed to be to get the info that LE had so he could create a narrative from it. Now it's easy to get on the stand and say he knew it would help him because he knows what data they have and what it showed or didn't show.

I'm not an expert, but in my view, the prosecutor was a disaster. He let AM take control of the cross. Actually letting AM rephrase his own questions on very many occasions. How can that be??? It's like a photographic negative of the trial in My Cousin Vinnie. If there's a mistrial, the prosecution will have been hoodwinked. If the jury votes for conviction, it means that I don't understand bonk about this culture.
CW let AM have the floor to continue to lie, lie and lie. This time he lied to the jury. Brilliant move by CW. Until he lied to them, the jury just saw AM as a blubbering idiot!!!

Yea i don’t understand it. Mob mentality. No rationale to why it’s not him. Court tv FB is full of ppl believing he’s innocent.
I just hope defense is not making a documentary out at that expensive wedding venue.Like - The Staircase. So sickening to watch a bunch of puffed up narc lawyers drinking & smoking with the killer. JMO

Since Alex would not stop telling big long winded stories, the prosecution strategy was to give him enough rope until he hung himself - which he did.
Exactly. You gotta work with what you have. AM is a peculiar beast and CW has been studying him for a long time. It's not like he'll "crack". He's perfectly comfortable lying and then lying about the lies, it's effortless. So let him talk. CW will wrap up the story of AM on his own in closing.

ETA: I found this, which indicates a June 3, 2021 request by Alex to Laffitte at Palmetto to extend his farm line of credit by another $600,000.
^^rsbm

Thanks for the link. If I recall correctly, the bank testified AM did not receive a $600K extension on the Moselle property requested on June 3 because MM was murdered by 6/7.

Not getting an extension left AM unable to pay Chris Wilson $600K until July -- representing only a partial payment to him of the $792K AM received from Wilson's trust account. MOO

If anybody thinks by now that AM is innocent then they just don’t want to know.
I won't say it was a masterful takedown by Waters because I think he spent too much time on the financial stuff, but all the rest of it was great.
He forced AM to squeeze his new story into that tiny little window of time.
He showed the ridiculousness of riding down to the kennels to only stay a handful of minutes.
He showed AM would have barely been back up to the house when the loud reports of a 300 Blackout would have been heard.
He probed how easily AM lies.

If, supposedly, AM didn't know what time the murders happened, then why would he need to lie about whether he was at the kennels with them at 8:44pm. What would it matter? The only reason why he would need to establish he last saw them at Moselle much earlier and was never at the kennels (until he found them) was to hide the fact that he was near the crime scene at the time of the shooting which occurred before he left at 9:06pm. And only if he already knew they were dead before he left.

Didn't he also lie on the 911 call? Before any LE even got there?

Isn't this a glaring logic mistake or am I misinterpreting his claims?
you nailed it. between all of this noise, its real simple. IMO in agreement with you, he lied because HE THOUGHT there was nothing that would place him at the kennels at any specific time. oops. he didnt know about the recording at the kennels. he was so preoccupied with murdering them. I swear he wanted to do something with paul's phone, (he even admitted THINKING about it...thats a big question mark...WHY?) but he took maggie's instead. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member