SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
unbelieveable! defense wants to split their closing argument! judge not inclined to approve that, because it is UNPRECEDENTED in the state of SC but will look into it. lol......then defense dangles a carrot: we will cut it to two hours.:eek:
I don't call that dangling a carrot I call that attempted manipulation. Ridiculous!

L&C briefly spoke about blanket lady juror and thought should investigate why she is wearing blanket over head and possibly remove her from jury duty, if she is refusing to listen to testimony. moo
When I heard that I wondered if she had a migraine (I get them and I would totally put a blanket over my head to avoid bright lights) and instead of missing a day of court she is trying to manage it and that room is bright. Maybe a blanket helps with light sensitivity?

Well, that’s what worries me about people, ie: juries. Those people are out there.

Some people are very forgiving and kindhearted. While I am hoping all jurors base their decision on the facts, the testimony and the judge's instructions, I am prepared for a hung jury. Not holding my breath. I will be happy if I'm wrong - but after today, I am extremely happy that the truth is so blatantly out there.

Yes he did that earlier in the day also, just couldn't admit he was a successful lawyer
He earned over a Million dollars a year! Over indulged, over inflated Ego, over entitled ! MOO
He won Many cases, and has been accused of buying Jurors off in some cases, as well as playing on the emotions of Jurors, which he apparently got away with.GRR MOO

I WOULD NEVER HURT Maggie or Paul. NOT I DID NOT KILL MAGGIE OR PAUL. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!
Definitely not a “reliable denial” according to the principles of Statement Analysis.

Although, during the August LE interview, Alex did state a reliable denial, saying: “No, I did not kill Maggie.” But I assume he’s at least minimally familiar with Statement Analysis and spoke accordingly during a formal LE interview.

I know many don’t buy into SA and it’s not perfect, but Alex doesn’t pass the reliability criteria the vast majority of the time, and constantly does distancing. JMO.

L&C briefly spoke about blanket lady juror and thought should investigate why she is wearing blanket over head and possibly remove her from jury duty, if she is refusing to listen to testimony.

Imo, this was my exact thoughts.
Nancy Grace said that she has a blanket because the judge has the court room very cold to keep the jury awake. idk

I'm not an expert, but in my view, the prosecutor was a disaster. He let AM take control of the cross. Actually letting AM rephrase his own questions on very many occasions. How can that be??? It's like a photographic negative of the trial in My Cousin Vinnie. If there's a mistrial, the prosecution will have been hoodwinked. If the jury votes for conviction, it means that I don't understand bonk about this culture.
Unusual, yes. The state will bring rebuttal witnesses, the more AM talks the more he hangs himself and gives CW more ammo for rebuttal. While aggravating and painful at times, I think it was effective at showing how evasive AM is. CW let him go on and on about the reasons for paranoia then ends with the Det Green video where none of those factors were in play yet. AM walked/talked right in to that one. MOO

Given to addicts who have finished rehab, usually - they need to leave the strip on (their doctor or parole officer may check on it; families are told to check).

It blocks the happy-making dopamine effects of opiates, so if the person does sneak back into using, they won't get their high. It also reduces the number of dopamine receptors, IIRC, so that the person is more likely to be able to supply their own happy chemicals without opiates (over time).

There are other drugs (like methadone) that may be given to aid the person in the acute withdrawal phase (I'm sure there are others).

AM should not be needing suboxone, if he's clean in

IMO.
Just to throw this out there, I’ve been clean for 16 years and I’m still on Subutex. Suboxone. A lot of people take it for the rest of their lives. At least a lot of people I know

Defense has 4 more witnesses for Monday and said they expect to rest early afternoon.

Prosecution has about 2 rebuttal witnesses…as of now.

Talked about closings. Dick wants to shoot for Wednesday and wanted to split the closing between he and JG. Judge is not inclined to agree to that.

The judge doesn’t set time limits on closings.

Did you see Dick jump up when the jury was being dismissed smiling and trying to gauge them?
One of the rebuttal witnesses could be to contradict Alex regarding his claims that he never tried to interfere with the statements of the boat accident victims. That was a lie, and perhaps could lead to perjury charges?

There's also the disagreements between the pathologist's angle of gunshot injuries versus the engineer's angle of shots.

If, supposedly, AM didn't know what time the murders happened, then why would he need to lie about whether he was at the kennels with them at 8:44pm. What would it matter? The only reason why he would need to establish he last saw them at Moselle much earlier and was never at the kennels (until he found them) was to hide the fact that he was near the crime scene at the time of the shooting which occurred before he left at 9:06pm. And only if he already knew they were dead before he left.

Didn't he also lie on the 911 call? Before any LE even got there?

Isn't this a glaring logic mistake or am I misinterpreting his claims?

I see what you did there.

You used logic and reason.

This is what is wrong with the world. A self proclaimed liar, who preyed on people who trusted him, he is a world class manipulator, he is a lawyer who knows the tactics lawyers use so he's trying to predict and do damage control before questions are even asked.. people say Waters is being a jerk?

So the manipulator and control freak who has abused the trust he had with probably every person he's ever known is now a victim of a lawyer being tough on him?

He isn't being tough enough. What this evil man deserves, can never be dealt to him on earth.
Indeed.

I hear you, that's definitely one take on things. JMO, the prosecutor "let" AM spiral out and show his true colors as a master manipulator for good reasons, which remain to be seen.
theres an old saying: fish live longer if they dont take the bait. narcissists cant resist being in control, manipulating, deflecting, denying and lying of course. then passive aggression....he constantly would defer to the state, lots of arrogance as he says "go on, Ill answer anything." t hen deflects, denies all the while trying to infer he is being cooperative with his deference. its fascinating to watch. and sad two people lost their lives. IMO, he is a family annihilator.

I hear you, that's definitely one take on things. JMO, the prosecutor "let" AM spiral out and show his true colors as a master manipulator for good reasons, which remain to be seen.
You know now that I think about it, it was brilliant because when asked to describe a conversation he would have when he was lying and convincing someone to trust him and I was thinking he couldn't do it because he couldn't even remember those that he hurt like that and how he did it, but maybe he can recall just fine how he did it and doesn't want to explain to a jury how conniving he really is.. except how he's behaving on the stand is showing exactly how conniving he is.

Southern girl here, agree he is playing it but yes sir, no sir, yes ma‘am etc. is very common in the south at any age, this probably does not have much of an effect on them.
Attorneys, always address each other as Mr/Ms, The Honorable, etc, in court. I think that's standard across the county, maybe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member