SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert, but in my view, the prosecutor was a disaster. He let AM take control of the cross. Actually letting AM rephrase his own questions on very many occasions. How can that be??? It's like a photographic negative of the trial in My Cousin Vinnie. If there's a mistrial, the prosecution will have been hoodwinked. If the jury votes for conviction, it means that I don't understand bonk about this culture.
It’s nearly impossible, imo, to nail an extremely competent pathological liar. Because they lie. Its second nature, comes naturally to them, just as CW pointed out.

He said he was in withdrawals on the 6th

He said he was not in withdrawal at the time of the murders.
I don't think AM was in withdrawals with pills in his pocket, according to AM. He also said any pills in his pocket would have left Moselle with him after the murders. MOO

theres an old saying: fish live longer if they dont take the bait. narcissists cant resist being in control, manipulating, deflecting, denying and lying of course. then passive aggression....he constantly would defer to the state, lots of arrogance as he says "go on, Ill answer anything." t hen deflects, denies all the while trying to infer he is being cooperative with his deference. its fascinating to watch. and sad two people lost their lives. IMO, he is a family annihilator.
He's a Narcissist, and thinks he's smarter and more clever than everyone else. No shame, no consequences, no responsibility for Anything in his life. He's living in his own dream world.

Fil Waters who was being interviewed today on one of the YT channels said the one word by AM that stood out to him was “intentional“. As in “I would never intentionally hurt my wife and son”. I’m so glad he noted that because I know several of us here at WS noticed when AM used the “intentionally“ yesterday. We are smart ;)

Is he such a practiced fabricator that he perhaps believes in his mind that the murders were necessary to divert attention from him and save his reputation and family name, and even save Maggie and Paul from humiliation?
So he didn't 'intentionally' set out to hurt them??
I mean, this guy just seems extremely weird and sinister from watching him and hearing everything in this trial.
A malignant narcissist. JMO
I feel like so much of the story is missing. Likely all tied up with where the $$ really went.

But without that, AM has been shown to be someone who saw beloved members of his circle as marks to steal from and lie to. Specifically why he killed them is not entirely clear to me-I think it could be him saving what could be saved, Buster. But that's really too "noble" for AM. He might have seen some possible way out of all his financial crimes by shaking things way up with a murder that will also provide a solution to Paul's boat case & free up Maggie's property for him.

It might have been a last ditch Hail Mary providing him with the above and also sympathy which would deter pressures being put on him.

He can say whatever he wants, as he always will, but once Jeannie found the embezzlements, the clock was ticking. AM knew all he had stolen but no one else did. Dead family members relieved pressure on AM.

I don't think AM was in withdrawals with pills in his pocket, according to AM. He also said any pills in his pocket would have left Moselle with him after the murders. MOO
Will
Give you that however—-
W/d or not, anybody messes with an addicts stash it’s not good.

And I still think Paw Paw and Mags took his stash and/or tried to confront him with his pill issues ?and maybe $ stuff) and he just blew

Makes sense either way. If he is hyped up on 1200mg/day oxy or he is w/d—-either way don’t mess with the addict

[[raising hand]] I think I know the answer.

The casings from the shells on the floor of the kennel area (from the shells that killed Paul) matched the ballistic patterns of the gun that Paul had used for target practice at Moselle - and he had left behind his cartridges (of course).

So they know it was the same gun that Paul was shooting in target practice; the one that he "lost." (Was stolen by his dad? was never lost? we know MM bought Paul a less expensive but similar gun as a replacement.)

IMO.

ON CROSS

snipped
Defense attorney Jim Griffin asks Greer if he is here to tell the jury if any of the weapons collected were the ones that killed Maggie and Paul.

Greer responded, based on evidence, the received projectiles were consistent with the guns. The results on the comparison and test fire were inconclusive.

He responds the shotgun test were inconclusive, it is possible that was the gun used, but he cannot definitely say it was

Greer says was not on the scene and he’s basing his results on his testing in the lab.

In other words, Griffin asks, the firing pin markings on spent cartridges did not match up? Unable to determine, results inconclusive, Greer responds.

Griffin: You conclude it is inconclusive the 300 fired the bullets that killed Maggie? Griffin: That is correct

I'm still trying to make sense of the extensive ballistics portion of this article.

IMO, yes he could have done anything during the time of 8:45 until 9:02. We know Maggie's phone has steps from 8:53-8:55 I think it was.. 59 or 62 steps something like that. His phone doesn't record any steps until 9:02 and we know then that wherever he left his phone (assuming inside the house somewhere or outside up close to the house) is where he would have picked it up from at 9:02. So anything is possible from 8:45 to 9:02 I would narrow that down even more though because I think he picked her phone up at 8:53 so I think before that he was cleaning himself up, changing clothing or whatever down near the kennels. Then he gets her phone and goes to the golf cart and rides off.. he could have went over and dumped her phone for sure. He had 10ish minutes before he picked his phone up.

Another thought was he was pushing for the data because he wanted to know BEFORE he was suspect #1 what data they did or didn't have. If it showed her phone moved with his vehicle, then he would have made up some other story about how she left her phone in his truck.. his goal seemed to be to get the info that LE had so he could create a narrative from it. Now it's easy to get on the stand and say he knew it would help him because he knows what data they have and what it showed or didn't show.
Have they said anything about the hose or the Gucci receipt..

Sad as it is, now we know why Paul died. The killer hated him, had anger in his heart.

I wonder where Alec had Paul's gun hidden.
Those guns are in the septic tank along with the clothes and shoes. Just my guess. Who would look there? The pump out hole is large enough that those items would fit. That house has to have some type of waste disposal as it isn't on a city sewer and most rural properties have a septic tank. The lines to the tank can't be too long so the tank is close to the house. You never want to cover the pump out lid...they charge you to dig it up when it's pumped out. Take the lid off and leave it off, drop the stuff in; put the lid back on and you're done.
moo

My impression after today is that Alex still has not faced up to his own cognitive and personality issues. Oh my.

I don't even know what a "conscious decision" would mean to this man. He does what he wants and remembers what he wants. He rewrites literally thousands of immoral, illegal interactions (when all his admitted wrong doings are broken down into their rippling effects). He rewrites in his own favor. He probably used "I have to care for my family" as the reason for all the stealing, and then he tosses that aside and kills ⅔ of that family.

He's a human wrecking ball but he actually believes himself and he believes he has the capacity to "love" people and hold people "dear." Reminds me of people like Emperor Nero (who obviously had his own story to tell - which only he believed).

Since he's also an addict on top of everything else, he is unaware of many, many moments of his own life. He has no continuous inner self or personal recording of life. It's very sad and very damning.

IMO.

Some people are very forgiving and kindhearted. While I am hoping all jurors base their decision on the facts, the testimony and the judge's instructions, I am prepared for a hung jury. Not holding my breath. I will be happy if I'm wrong - but after today, I am extremely happy that the truth is so blatantly out there.
You mean the lies? ;)

Some people are very forgiving and kindhearted. While I am hoping all jurors base their decision on the facts, the testimony and the judge's instructions, I am prepared for a hung jury. Not holding my breath. I will be happy if I'm wrong - but after today, I am extremely happy that the truth is so blatantly out there.
The truth is out there and CW did an amazing job on cross. AM looked like a child, a cry baby, someone who got caught but he has no daddy to pay off anyone and get him out of this mess. I have thought from the beginning this jury would hang since they only need one. Now I’m not sure. They are going home and think of all AM admitted to and they have to decide what Maggie and Paul’s lives are worth. Did they deserve this? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste