SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not found. But mechanical markings on 300 Blackout casings found at the scene match mechanical markings on casings found from various other locations on the property where family members' 300 Blackouts were used for shooting. This indicates they were shot from the same rifle. And the 300 Blackout rifle previously kept at Moselle is missing, at least since the night of the murders.
I also believe his using the passive voice allows him to distance himself from the Truth/Personal Responsibility. No accountability is his aim.

Am's father is dying (he had gotten money from him in the past). The confrontation at the office was big, especially since his sources of getting money to hide his crimes were drying up. MM and the dynamic between them must have been tense b/c of money and the boat trial. He admitted today that he had told PM he was going to Rehab after the boat trial--- so they must have been talking about his addiction rather than PM's bp and the pills must have been more of an issue. (BTW, addicts will say anything to get you off their back.) I think he was highly pressured. He also knew that they were looking into him for the boat accident/hospital actions.

Alex has actually contradicted things he said only yesterday, IMO. Of course, I consider adding new details to an already given testimony (under oath) to be lying, if the new details contradict the old ones.

He either had or did not have his phone at the kennel at around 8:30-8:50. Which is it?

He said today, IIRC, that he put his phone "somewhere" in the house when he came back, but isn't sure where because he doesn't have a "set place" for his phone (as if it's not always in his pocket on a regular day!)

A few times during this case I've thought Alex has intentionally lost weight to appear frail. I suppose it could be from stress. But so many other things in his life are calculated; I remain skeptical.
I have thought about this as well, but I also think he’s not living the high life any longer, so lost some naturally. I think he's definitely calculated enough to take it further so he looks frail and sickly. Moo.

Something I think that is odd is when a tragedy happens most people try to figure out how it could have been avoided. If an innocent person leaves and returns to find his family dead.. it would be very normal to make statements like.. "I wish I didn't leave" "if I would have just been here maybe this wouldn't have happened" They tend to put guilt on themselves (even when it's not their fault at all) people wish they were there could have prevented it or somehow been there so this tragedy didn't happen. It's a very normal human reaction to think if you were there you could have changed the course of events.

Here we have none of that. He didn't say, I could have been killed. I was just down there at the kennels.. if only Maggie would have came with me.. if only I would have stayed home.. if only...

Usually others have to come along and say this isn't your fault, don't beat yourself up about this, you don't know that you could have changed anything, etc.

Interesting

Because apparently it doesn’t count if it’s unintentional jk moo
Good question, and perhaps because they have not read him his Miranda rights/warnings before talking to him? My experience is not at all with Video Trials, and I'm sure there are specific laws accordingly. MOO

I think he looks closer to crawling up into a fetal position, myself. Knees drawn up and in. Hand over his gut to dampen down and contain the awful gut feeling he now has. Slightly slumped, in keeping with the incredible powerlessness and weakness he is now experiencing.

Unfortunately, this might add up to "looking pitiful" in the eyes of some jurors. This is like a thriller/horror film that never ends.

IMO

Perhaps one needs to be under oath for certain applicability? I don’t know….. maybe someone with legal experience can help weigh in here? MO.
Perjury happens when one is under oath. Making a false statement can be done while not under oath. Unfortunately, perjury is rarely pursued in court, and it really makes me mad.

Usually, the person accused of perjury can just recant the statement, and then it just seems to all go away... **insert very large eye roll**

What I find interesting is that attorneys, judges, law enforcement, elected officials, and many others are also all under oath in their occupations.

From my research, perjury is considered "difficult to prove" and it requires highly technically specific language in the pleadings to meet the evidentiary criteria that is required for the pleading to stand in court. I don't think this actually answers your question, but that's all I can find.

Am's father is dying (he had gotten money from him in the past). The confrontation at the office was big, especially since his sources of getting money to hide his crimes were drying up. MM and the dynamic between them must have been tense b/c of money and the boat trial. He admitted today that he had told PM he was going to Rehab after the boat trial--- so they must have been talking about his addiction rather than PM's bp and the pills must have been more of an issue. (BTW, addicts will say anything to get you off their back.) I think he was highly pressured. He also knew that they were looking into him for the boat accident/hospital actions.
Yes, bc the Randolph train of $ was going to change.

I’m wondering why AM hasn’t pulled an OJ and pleaded for the search for the real killers? Don’t you think with all his musings he would have said something to that effect? Rather strange if you’re him.
Absolutely, he has no anger at all concerning the fact the REAL killers haven't been found.

Something I think that is odd is when a tragedy happens most people try to figure out how it could have been avoided. If an innocent person leaves and returns to find his family dead.. it would be very normal to make statements like.. "I wish I didn't leave" "if I would have just been here maybe this wouldn't have happened" They tend to put guilt on themselves (even when it's not their fault at all) people wish they were there could have prevented it or somehow been there so this tragedy didn't happen. It's a very normal human reaction to think if you were there you could have changed the course of events.

Here we have none of that. He didn't say, I could have been killed. I was just down there at the kennels.. if only Maggie would have came with me.. if only I would have stayed home.. if only...

Usually others have to come along and say this isn't your fault, don't beat yourself up about this, you don't know that you could have changed anything, etc.

Interesting
Absolutely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members