SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say that I do not know how anyone in the Murdaugh family could have sat through the trial or given a moment’s thought to the new timeline AM has given and not at least give serious consideration to the possibility that AM is guilty.

Second, I have family members that weren’t always on the right side of the law -though never to the extent of murder - and I watched other family members turn a blind eye to any evidence of their behavior for many years before they were able to admit that their child or sibling did what they were accused in one situation or another. So I get the tendency family has to defend one another and close their eyes to the possiblity of a loved one doing something so horrible.

Third, despite any and all questionable or unethical or illegal activity surrounding the family or the law firm, I feel sorry for all of them. Whether AM is convicted or not, their lives have forever been changed. The family has lost 2 loved ones and the partners careers have been forever tarnished by the association with AM. And whether AM is guilty or not or whether they believe he is guilty or not, does not change any of that.
While I understand your point of view, I also feel like this family has covered up things for so long that at this point I can't feel sorry for them. They basically made their own bed. I bet if they would have stood on the side of truth instead of protecting the family name at all costs, they would have the publics support and not be viewed as they are now.

If I recall correctly, I believe this is also what they told the grand jury (which turns out was not factual). Also, telling a family member something like that when in turn, was not factual is another issue. This ruling was a huge win for the defense unfortunately.

Why is it an issue if they believed it at the time?

A coat no one recognizes from "back on the property" or in a junk closet, which had GSR but no blood splatter, tissue, bone, hair on it.

THIS is the state's evidence? It relates to nothing.

SLED left brains and pieces of skull at the scene? Dear Me.

Seems several people, including JMM's LE buddy, thought this was related to the boat accident.

MMs phone was 1/2 mile from house.

oozing with reasonable doubt.
The coat was believed to hold the guns so it makes sense GSR is there but nothing else. They didn't claim the coat was being worn during the shooting.

SLED isn't supposed to clean up a crime scene.

It's not surprising that JMM LE buddy thinks it's the boat case. Alex was spouting that off from the moment a first responder arrived.

No, it’s a double name. They are very common in the South. I went to college in NC and there were so many double named people. It’s a mouthful but you have to say both names.
Right, he's always been called by both names. But to the OP's point -- his last name is the same as as Alex's -- Murdaugh.

While I understand your point of view, I also feel like this family has covered up things for so long that at this point I can't feel sorry for them. They basically made their own bed. I bet if they would have stood on the side of truth instead of protecting the family name at all costs, they would have the publics support and not be viewed as they are now.
Agreed a man pleading not guilty has done just about everything to keep himself in the guilty spotlight, stacking the lies up like cord wood and now want's all to believe him. Living on an island now since he has burned every bridge off the island and poked a hole in his life raft with the same blade he used on his tire with the roadside clown show.

Agreed a man pleading not guilty has done just about everything to keep himself in the guilty spotlight, stacking the lies up like cord wood and now want's all to believe him. Living on an island now since he burned every bridge off the island and poked a hole in his life raft with the same blade he used on his tire with the roadside clown show.
Just like a cord of wood. Time to light the bonfire, gets your rakes and scythes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321