SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Harpootlian asking judge to allow jury to go on a jury view of the Moselle property. He brought that up in opening statements.
Judge will ALLOW a jury view of Moselle.

Harpootlian says there have been people taking selfies in front of the Moselle residence. Just letting judge know the security measures that will need to be in place for jury view.

Jury views are not unheard of. I've been on jury views myself and we've covered plenty of them on
@LawCrimeNetwork
. It can be very helpful for a jury to get their bearings in person. Dog kennel distance to the home, etc...

A few cases that come to mind that had jury views: Pike Co. Massacre (Wagner), Parkland School Shooter, Quinton Tellis (Jessica Chambers), Brett Hankison (Breonna Taylor), OJ Simpson.

I've seen it done a couple of ways. Most of the time nothing is said at all, no one allowed to speak or explain. In the Quinton Tellis trial they brought a court reporter and the attorneys got to ask the lead detective questions at each site...that's very unusual.

First witness today for the defense is Dr. Jonathan Eisenstat - forensic pathologist. We won't see these photos as they are under seal.

Note: Waters did not want a jury view stating the property has changed, noting the tree line between the house and the kennels has grown/filled in significantly. Harpootlian said they only want the jury to see the kennels - the feed room in relation to Maggie's body, etc…

Alex Murdaugh's reaction to hearing people were trespassing on the Moselle property to get selfies in front of the kennel: (Note, if that's true, that's horrible. I understand drive by the property, etc...but breaking the law and getting a selfie where two people died..smh)

@AveryGWilks

Eisenstat agrees with Riemer on a number of things. But he disagrees on the direction of one of the shots. What Riemer described as the first fatal wound to Maggie - shot from behind - Eisenstat believes was shot from the complete opposite direction.

@AveryGWilks

Instead of the bullet entering Maggie’s chest at an upward trajectory and going up into her brain, Eisenstat says the bullet went downward. The shooter would have been facing her front.

@AveryGWilks

Eisenstat: “The explanation that I think is probably most reasonable is that she’s learning forward, most likely from pain from the abdominal wound.” The shooter fired into her head as she leaned forward toward the shooter, according to Eisenstat.
Some people are just plain SICK! So disrespectful. Perhaps the property should be guarded. It's still Private property in any case, so tresspassing charges could be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings