VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now reminded for some reason of the movie ‘Just Cause’, with Ed Harris, Lawrence Fishburne, and Sean Connery among others. Interesting bayou story and might have been a voodoo element too?
Agree and we're all hearing banjos now and Deliverance came to mind and I ain't squealing like a pig. We got the groovy bus started and chickens at the wheel I'm laying cover fire down with all the empty booze bottles that we've been swigging from, gas it chicken.

Last edited:
For more coverage on the Alex Murdaugh trial, visit: https://www.courttv.com/trending/alex-murdaugh-murder-mystery-trial/
Murdaugh property in Colleton County, South Carolina.

The judge has agreed with a defense request to let jurors visit the Murdaughs property in Colleton County, South Carolina.

• Alex Murdaugh's supporters listen to the trial.

• The Colleton County property where the Murdaughs lived.
  • The Colleton County property where the Murdaughs lived.

TRENDING​

Murdaugh and Prosecutor Creighton Waters Went to Law School Together
Prosecution’s Best Evidence in Alex Murdaugh Trial
Alex Murdaugh Case Evidence Exhibits
SC v. Alex Murdaugh: Murdaugh Family Murders
Alec Baldwin

RECENT COVERAGE​

Items Seized from Home of Kohberger’s Parents
WATCH NOW

Murdaugh Opioid Use: Is $40K-$60K Per Week a Ridiculous Number?
WATCH NOW

Retracing Alex Murdaugh’s Steps in Alleged Phone Toss
WATCH NOW

Preview: Jury to Visit Murdaugh Crime Scene
WATCH NOW

At that point, he didn't know about the cellphone video.
The video wasn't discovered until almost a year later when experts finally unlocked PM's cellphone and found it.
He lied about being there because it was part of his alibi and he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that pesky kid. JMO.
I doesn’t matter that he didn’t know about the cell phone video. That’s my whole point. Why lie that you weren’t there when you were,if you’re innocent? His loved ones were massacred. Family is always in the circle of suspicion, regardless. If innocent, no reason to lie. He was going to be a suspect anyway. The fact that he lied is because he was building an alibi. He didn’t know that the video existed but it didn’t matter. He lied to cover his *advertiser censored*. His attempt failed. Therefore, his lie is what will convict him. If he said I was there, he just might have looked respectable, if that’s possible.

I was surprised when those four jury members said their names aloud regarding being appointed to monitor the other jurors at the Moselle site; I figured publicly recording their identities would be forbidden.
Others can add here, i don’t believe those are jurors. They were I believe officials of either the court or law enforcement to help with the on site estate visit organization and controlling the court ordered visit to the estate.
MO.

Last edited:
This trial has been the first I have followed this closely. Thanks to the people here who share opinions and insights, plus the lighthearted comments to keep it from being as heavy and serious to read about every day. I’ll be watching with you all to see how this ultimately plays out!

I think he did believe that if he could convince others that Paul was shot because of the boat case, then the lawsuit would go away or they would settle for MUCH less than the 30 million number being talked about. It didn't happen that way but he believed he could manipulate that and talk his way out of the financial things he did. I 100% believe he thought he could get out of all the mess if they were dead. The firm backed off for 3 months so it clearly worked somewhat.
100% this.

We are looking at everything with the benefit of what we now know, but, at the time, AM's money things were just starting to be discovered and he believed that with a tragic event (such as PM and MM being killed in such a brutal way) that he could buy himself time to 'rob Peter to pay Paul' and get the money issues in order and stop the boat lawsuit which was another issue that was going to cause his money things to come to light, imo.

AM didn't know about the video which placed him at the scene and he didn't take into account the OnStar data which also helped to tighten the timeline.
MOO

I doesn’t matter that he didn’t know about the cell phone video. That’s my whole point. Why lie that you weren’t there when you were,if you’re innocent? His loved ones were massacred. Family is always in the circle of suspicion, regardless. If innocent, no reason to lie. He was going to be a suspect anyway. The fact that he lied is because he was building an alibi. He didn’t know that the video existed but it didn’t matter. He lied to cover his *advertiser censored*. His attempt failed. Therefore, his lie is what will convict him. If he said I was there, he just might have looked respectable, if that’s possible.
Yes. And if the killer, knew the timeline. And what that meant.
MO

I do think Alex believed killing Paul would make that lawsuit go away. His criminal case would for sure and then his family name isn't tarnished with a conviction on (I think manslaughter or something similar related to DUI and someone dying). I think we can see where his thinking was by his words. Even though he's a lying liar that lies, he does sprinkle in some things that I think show where his head was. Immediately he's talking about the boat case.. He even on the stand says he thinks the murder is some person or people from the internet that read all the bad things about Paul and decided to kill him. So very odd.. not the kids in the boat or their families (can't blame those victims it would look really bad, but a total stranger from the internet was mad enough about what Paul did to just come out to kill him (and research enough to figure out where he would be when he wasn't even supposed to be there that night, know that guns would be laying around everywhere, the layout of the property, that they'd be at the kennel and Alex would be gone.. don't would be put up etc). Then he made a seperate statement about the only reason Paul is dead is because of the boat case and someone was really angry and hated Paul. Well I do think Alex was angry he had to deal with this boat case. Not only was Paul being sued, but he was.. his finanaces were at risk AND that would expose his financial crimes. Without the boat case looming he could have kept robbing one to pay another without having to disclose what he was doing.

I think he did believe that if he could convince others that Paul was shot because of the boat case, then the lawsuit would go away or they would settle for MUCH less than the 30 million number being talked about. It didn't happen that way but he believed he could manipulate that and talk his way out of the financial things he did. I 100% believe he thought he could get out of all the mess if they were dead. The firm backed off for 3 months so it clearly worked somewhat.
thank you. another factor looming, the day of the murders being confronted by the CFO about missing settlement money. then, upcoming June 10 hearing (boat crash) to produce his financial statements.

My, JMO, prediction:

a. Guilty
b. Not guilty
c. Hung jury
d. Mistrial due to some other reason

In other words, I have no clue how this trial could end.

There, wasn’t that helpful? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member