VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he started out a little scattered with the finances, but then got into his rhythm and thought his delivery was on point, emphatic at correct times, not overly dramatic. I did not find it boring and hope the jury did not. moo
I read that someone on Court TV said the jury looked attentive ….

Agreed. The house itself looks lovely, but looks out of place. It looks like it was plopped on a rural piece of wild grassy land with no landscaping. The brick steps out front seem to have no brick or paved path leading up to them. Is there a back deck or garden to sit in? Not being critical, and maybe many homes in that area are similar. Maybe this is why Maggie preferred Edisto, although I have not seen photos of that home. It surely was geared toward hunting, with the various food plot fields, kennels and guns galore.
Like Maggie, I prefer the beach house too (because of it’s 2 minute walk to the beach) but it also lacks walkways and could use more landscaping, imo.
“Maggie’s house” is not as extravagant as many on the cul-de-sac.
Also, Moselle is worth four times the price.
There are 58 photos of the property here:
3606 Big Bay Dr, Edisto Island, SC 29438 | MLS #23000067 | Zillow

C9F28740-F3E9-46C9-88C8-F3DF1FDFB014.jpeg
Daily Mail photo

Court asked to approve sale of the Murdaughs’ Edisto beach home for $955,000, documents say
[The sale was approved in July 2022, the buyer quickly put it back on the market on Jan 3 2023 and raised the price to $1,184,000 (+24%), it was removed from the market on Feb 22, 2023 with a pending offer]

“The Murdaughs’ Edisto beach home is set to sell for $955,000 cash — $35,000 above asking price — pending a judge’s approval, according to documents filed in a Hampton County court.
Tuesday’s filing was made by a law firm representing the court-appointed co-receivers who were assigned to manage disgraced lawyer Alex Murdaugh’s finances while legal action is underway, and determine what assets and money Murdaugh has.
BBM
The Moselle property has been listed for sale by the Crosby Land Company since February [2022]. The listing, titled Cross Swamp Farm, is priced at $3.9 million and has had multiple interested buyersand at least one offer, according to previous reporting.”

Last edited:
These threads have been flying for the last few days and there aren't enough waking hours to watch/listen to all of the testimony and keep up with the comments! I have to ask the crowd this, though. On day 23 Law and Crime Live at about 3:25 mark, did you all see AM go all dissociated, shaking, staring blankly and holding a pen in a disturbing pose? It was SO intense, Griffin was looking at him in dismay (not the normal "concern) and was also shooting looks at the judge, I think, to see if anyone else was noticing?? I thought he was getting ready to go grand mal. Also, I think it was the same day, the judge had everyone stand for a break and AM was still out of it and took a few steps toward the judge or forward and the marshals alerted fast! Did anyone else see that?
Yes, I saw that and it was disturbing. I think I decided on a light hearted approach to it by posting jokingly wondering whether AM's "last ditch" approach if he was not getting his way was having a "nervous breakdown" on the stand, like an unruly toddler having a temper tantrum... but I wasn't really sure whether they might not have to call the "men in white coats to carry him away" for real. It was touch and go there for a bit, IMO, and kinda scary for everyone in the courtroom if they were paying attention.

I couldn't help noticing that JG continued to write furiously on his notepad while Waters was presenting closing remarks.

JG stayed behind, when most other lawyers went to Moselle, in the courtroom. I got the impression that he wasn't ready to present a closing statement.

“The birdsong is constant and beautiful; the sky is still overcast,” Bauerlein [WSJ] wrote in a final pool dispatch. Jurors see Moselle crime scene for themselves as Alex Murdaugh's double murder trial nears end
maybe JG is making last minute adjustments tailored to CWs points. Or maybe he's just not ready lol. Maybe he was not the closer until just recently.

Yes, I saw that and it was disturbing. I think I decided on a light hearted approach to it by posting jokingly wondering whether AM's "last ditch" approach if he was not getting his way was having a "nervous breakdown" on the stand, like an unruly toddler having a temper tantrum... but I wasn't really sure whether they might not have to call the "men in white coats to carry him away" for real. It was touch and go there for a bit, IMO, and kinda scary for everyone in the courtroom if they were paying attention.
Anyone have a link?

Yikes, no. Do you happen to have a link to that video clip?nwas that perhaps when Alex said he’d lied about not being at the kennels earlier that evening?

Okay now I’m seeing the smug smile on AM.

How could he be so smug TODAY?!

Why isn’t he worried?
I'm guessing because he knows which jurors he's already won over, or the ones who were bored to tears from CW's long-winded closing statement. Instead of being concise and to the point, CW was too repetitive, spent way too much time on motive, which is the weakest factor, and relied too much on his notes. Plus the jury will be rested and much more attentive tomorrow for the defense, and it will be the last thing they hear. Had CW cut his time in half, which he could have without going as he says "through all the weeds," the defense would have been forced to close this afternoon when the jury would have been weary and frustrated. Even without seeing their faces, I sensed they were frustrated with CW, because I could see him at times frustrated waiting for their attention to what he was trying to say to them. Plus the Power Point with so many misspellings. Moeselle? Talk about credibility. The reason I may seem angry is because of course AM did it, but I think CW screwed up. Hope I'm wrong.

I've been following the trial in the past few weeks and mainly lurking here, but I'd have to say this was definitely a staged placement. I'm going to assume the person/s who were responsible for it had their reasons I really can't make a connection as far as them trying to "send a message" of some type.
I’m having two odd thoughts and wondering... 1) whether the apparent staging might be to show that the place is unsecured and easily accessible; or 2) that it is so remote and isolated and things just left there are undisturbed and not stolen perhaps?

Clearly calculated it seems. And if that shirt in the window…. bizarre. And all depends on when placed. Odd if someone from the family had called recently to report it was not secure, or whatever that report.

Also saw the video posted where it appears that window curtains in the upper outer dormers might be moving or slightly opening/closing? It does seem that way. On the upper right side could not be sure if it wasn’t possibly a shadow reflection from the ground or one of the parked vehicles.

As someone else observed, few vehicles and a large truck were parked backwards in front of the house.

And why this was not prechecked and evaluated before the visit!
MOO

Boat Crash case was all they could come up with....and then AM himself said none of the kids on the boat would do it, no, no, no, some Internet predator decided to come kill Paul and he found out when Paul was at Moselle and when Alex left the house so he could steal the guns and when Alex went back to house so he could kill Paul but OMG Maggie got in the way so he had to kill her too but had to use a different gun for some reason (out of bullets? Good thing he stole 2 guns when he was in the house while Alex was at the Kennels for 4 minutes!, so smart).

Geez H Krist does anyone really buy that???

These threads have been flying for the last few days and there aren't enough waking hours to watch/listen to all of the testimony and keep up with the comments! I have to ask the crowd this, though. On day 23 Law and Crime Live at about 3:25 mark, did you all see AM go all dissociated, shaking, staring blankly and holding a pen in a disturbing pose? It was SO intense, Griffin was looking at him in dismay (not the normal "concern) and was also shooting looks at the judge, I think, to see if anyone else was noticing?? I thought he was getting ready to go grand mal. Also, I think it was the same day, the judge had everyone stand for a break and AM was still out of it and took a few steps toward the judge or forward and the marshals alerted fast! Did anyone else see that?

Was this after his sister gave him the contraband? He may be buying pills in jail, for all we know (it happens) but had they found a way to get his fix to him?

Judge may have known about the contraband. I'll have to go back and review that day - I do remember the incident and it did make me wonder if he need meds.

IMO.

I'm guessing because he knows which jurors he's already won over, or the ones who were bored to tears from CW's long-winded closing statement. Instead of being concise and to the point, CW was too repetitive, spent way too much time on motive, which is the weakest factor, and relied too much on his notes. Plus the jury will be rested and much more attentive tomorrow for the defense, and it will be the last thing they hear. Had CW cut his time in half, which he could have without going as he says "through all the weeds," the defense would have been forced to close this afternoon when the jury would have been weary and frustrated. Even without seeing their faces, I sensed they were frustrated with CW, because I could see him at times frustrated waiting for their attention to what he was trying to say to them. Plus the Power Point with so many misspellings. Moeselle? Talk about credibility. The reason I may seem angry is because of course AM did it, but I think CW screwed up. Hope I'm wrong.

Chanley said the jury was very engaged with Creighton thru his entire closing, nodding along with what he was saying etc. Also, the state gets a rebuttal closing so there is no way it would have been done today

Where do we think AM disposed of the guns? If the state has all of his Chevy onstar records couldn’t they retrace all the locations he visited in the days following the murder? Certainly he disposed of them quickly as once the 911 call was made, he was surrounded by family for many days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman