VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, thank you so much for this, Snoopster !! I'm a visual person as well, and this 'flow diagram' is a dream come true for me. Such Great Points! Hadn't thought much about the points under "not gang/boat revenge", that could be where he "fell down" because he decided that day that things were coalescing and he impulsively decided that night was a good night to lure his wife and son out to the huntin' property and off them with whatever was at hand, hose off, run to mom's, run back and call 911 and turn on the hysteria and waterworks. ETA: Including washing down everything, change clothes, hide bloody clothes and weapons temporarily to be dealt with later, etc. JMO
This is well thought out. Thank you

I am behind and am going to watch the closings from today on YouTube now. But what the heck is the story about a dozen eggs and a juror being booted? :oops:

A juror that had run her mouth to three ppl outside if court about the case, another juror brought her in a dozen eggs. When the judge booted her she said she wanted to get her eggs.

Jmo

A wonderful, common sense 58 minute rebuttal by the State. I'm hopeful now that Alex will be found guilty. There was no explaining the huge lie Alex told lying he wasn't at the kennels. That video being unlocked so long after the murders revealed Alex's guilt like nothing else.

I'm going to try to find it, but figured I'd ask in case someone knows offhand. The night before the murders Maggie and Alex stopped at Almeda to see his dad and bring him donuts if I recall. I also know Maggie and Alex were at Moselle the morning of the 7th.

Did I dream it that Alex was with his dad the night before all night and Maggie was worried about him not getting sleep? Was that for a different night? Maybe before they went to the games over the weekend?

Going to look, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

Wondering if during that night, whenever it was Alex and his dad had some heart to heart chats that might have set the ball in motion. Alex wouldn't know his dad was terminal then, but he knew it was getting to the end and I'm sure his dad knew that also... did he give him some advice? Did he urge his son to "figure out how to make the boat case go away".. maybe he was encouraging him to just settle, not knowing Alex's financial mess couldn't allow any settling.

Forgive me if I’m wrong. But there were two left. And a juror just replaced. Means we have one more.

And forgive me as well, I got it from here but didn't check the timestamp on the article (thought it was from yesterday). It is from today. There is indeed one person left. I think.

Thank you to those who answered me about the federal/state financial crimes.
I guess I was thinking it was federal because of the Ponzi scheme but it makes sense that the State would want and will get first crack at him for those. And I'll admit, I don't know the difference between a State and Federal prison but I have always heard that Fed is more of country club.
I'm hoping to see justice for MM and PM and get a guilty verdict but it's comforting to know that, regardless of the outcome of this trial, AM will not be a free man anytime soon as he got on the stand and admitted to all the financial things.
MOO

Last edited:
I think the prosecution would have been well served to show how Alec supposedly did this in what 17 minutes? since the timeline is so tight..it should be easily understandable according to their version of events. if the prosecution says they don't have to show a, b and c..well to me I want to say if being asked to accept there version of events is somewhat out of reason..then they should walk it all the way through..but I feel confused about their timeline..I am super underwhelmed..
by the state's case.

That bike doesn't appear to look like type of bike one would ride on rough terrain... more for beach biking or for display (what it’s being used for). Clay pot looks to be in pristine condition. Perhaps recently made for display use? moo
I don’t know which side benefits more from the presentation, but the bike was clearly staged. Or the South Carolina wind and weather has been abnormally calm for the past two years.

And he admitted to all of it

Well, he did - but not to each and every charge (such as Ponzi charges). He avoided that. He focused on the horrible harm he'd brought upon people he knew and loved or at least cared for.

I do wonder what his plea deals will look like. Probably better for what remains of his family if he goes away quietly - but how many years will he get?? And what will happen to Maggie's property? If he's not convicted, it's his - so it can be taken away by all those charges and lawsuits.

If he's convicted, I wonder what happens to Maggie's estate (given that Buster is not a defendant at this point in time). Murky, at least to me.

IMO.

Which would predict a difficult time for you, as a prisoner. He'll get used to it eventually, but right now, when he's in the courtroom, he feels at home. They should make him wear prison garb without pockets, if he does it again. That will help him learn the rules.

I can see myself forgetting as well (ADD here) but not in those circumstances. Courtrooms are not my safe space (well, I'm very comfortable in the back row in the audience).
IF he is truly an addict, he will be able to buy pills in prison somehow. And if he is REALLY suicidal, that can be accomplished.

I noticed when the judge had everyone stand to dismiss the jury, Alex was smiling at the jury. Guess he thought it couldn’t hurt.
Yeah, he smiled and said "G'Mornin', how yew doin'?" to people in the gallery on the first few days of his trial too, which you could say is unusual, but IMO, it's a regional mannerism to be polite and friendly to everyone you meet in public, first off, and probably ingrained in him since the cradle, and the sacchariney "Mags" and "PauPau" when he testified, were him using it as His Shtick, I guess, to schmooze the jury. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1