VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I fell asleep..because it just did not feel like okay..here we are doing this in 17 minutes. the crime scene was totally neglected.

Be specific, what part of the timeline is unaccounted for enough leaving reasonable doubt?

It's the defense that has the problem accounting for his whereabouts in the timeline not the prosecution.

Last edited:
I think the prosecution would have been well served to show how Alec supposedly did this in what 17 minutes? since the timeline is so tight..it should be easily understandable according to their version of events. if the prosecution says they don't have to show a, b and c..well to me I want to say if being asked to accept there version of events is somewhat out of reason..then they should walk it all the way through..but I feel confused about their timeline..I am super underwhelmed..
by the state's case.
I suspect that would have been a big mistake to create a simulation based without evidence. The defense would easily create extreme doubt about this, and that could lead to "reasonable doubt" overall.

I really was unimpressed with the defense. They apparently spent a lot of money on experts who were fairly worthless. Defense errors allowed the financial crimes and flat tire evidence come into play (although I suspect this may have been intentional). Most of their witnesses helped the prosecution as much as the defense.

I have never liked Harpootlian, but I expected a much more aggressive defense. The "my client is too busy stealing and doing drugs to commit murder" defense didn't play well.

Why is The Law&Crime Network + Court TV so seemingly biased towards the defense? I really don't understand their apparently deliberate choices re framing and the 'experts' they have on.
I think they just need to create content. This case is pretty damning (IMO) and all the talking heads have left is to discuss is how the defense could possibly argue Alex is innocent.

I appreciate their views, though, I usually learn a few more slimy tidbits of how our justice system allows abusers to evade justice.

I think the prosecution would have been well served to show how Alec supposedly did this in what 17 minutes? since the timeline is so tight..it should be easily understandable according to their version of events. if the prosecution says they don't have to show a, b and c..well to me I want to say if being asked to accept there version of events is somewhat out of reason..then they should walk it all the way through..but I feel confused about their timeline..I am super underwhelmed..
by the state's case.
Is 17-18 minutes between 8:44 and 9:02 ... start of Paul's video to Alex's phone waking up?

Paul and Maggie were using their phones until 8:49. They were alive at 8:49, so we're down to 12-13 minutes. Per Alex testimony, no unknown person was at the kennels while Alex was at the kennels. He arrived at the house at 9:02 and still no one was at the kennels because the dogs and quail were not making noise.

Paul and Maggie's phones were permanently locked (mid-conversation for Paul) at 8:49. Something happened to Paul and Maggie at 8:49 PM when Alex was at the kennels, but no unknown person was there. Alex was there, but did not admit it until there was irrefutable proof that he was there.

The prosecution described what they believe to be the theory of the crime. He shot Paul at 8:49, then he shot Maggie. Alex had the hose pulled out with the nozzle at the shed. He washed off (puddle of water around Paul's body), he put the hose away, perhaps changed clothes. He drove the golf cart to the house and retrieved his phone at 9:02. He left the property, tossing Maggie's phone into the ditch at 9:08. He drove to his parents' home and hid the guns.

Summary is from this am. Since your question was already addressed please disregard; however, thought I'd post anything. Additionally, moderator asked that we not continue with eggs jokes. Carry on. ;)

We're back. Judge Clifton Newman is addressing an allegation that a juror had improper discussions about the case. Judge says he met with the juror on the record, and the juror denied discussing the case with anyone.

Newman: Two other people were interviewed in an in-chambers, on-the-record hearing about their contact with that juror. "Both of those individuals waffled on the nature and the extent of the contact.”

Newman: "The juror has had contact or discussions concerning the case with at least three individuals, though it does not appear the discussion was that extensive." But it did involve the juror offering her opinion on evidence presented at trial.

Newman is removing that juror and replacing her with an alternate. We are down to one alternate now.

Defense attorney Dick Harpootlian isn’t happy about this juror issue and how the matter was investigated. He says SLED handled the juror investigation. One agent handling it was a witness in this case. Another was an investigator in the Murdaugh murders investigation.

Harpootlian: “It is muddled. But we would defer to your judgment. … “SLED has made another bad judgment in this case. This is just a continuum of a calamity of errors.”

Judge Newman brings out the juror by herself. “It’s going to require me to remove you from the jury. You have been, by all accounts, a great juror.” You’ve been attentive to the case and performed well.

Judge Newman: “With all the time you’ve invested in the case, you probably hate not to continue, or maybe you want to go. … I’m not suggesting you intentionally did anything wrong.”

Judge Newman asks the juror if she left anything in the jury room that she needs to retrieve before she goes. The juror says she left a dozen eggs.

Judge orders the bailiff to retrieve the woman's eggs, and her purse, from the jury room. Her identity will remain confidential. Judge Newman orders her to wait until after the case to speak publicly about it.

So that is that. The woman doesn't seem to be in any real trouble, and she will get her eggs back.
Thanks SO much for these updates!

I agree, without that video and his lies about it there was not enough to take to trial. It’s ironic that if he had thought to tell the truth that he was with them at the kennel, the discovery of that video would not have meant anything and he may have not been charged with their murders. moo
Exactly.
Over-explaining !
Bringing up excuses where they hadn't been asked for , and providing evidence when the person giving the information wasn't even a suspect yet.
Have noticed that in other cases as well.

“Madam forelady and members of the jury, you have heard the testimony, received the evidence and heard the arguments of the state and defendant." Judge Newman is now explaining the law they will have to consider as they weigh Murdaugh's culpability in his wife and son's slayings.

I think the last official timeline record disputes OP's claim MM and AM at Moselle on the morning of June 7 which is Monday.

On this date, AM was not out of bed or close to leaving the house for the office until noon (and MM left Moselle early -- first stop Edisto and then to her doctor's appointment).

It was late evening on Sunday, June 6 that AM/MM delivered the donuts purchased at Krispy K located outside of Hampton.

I believe it was the night before the baseball weekend that AM alleged he spent the night with RM3 at a hospital where a nice little nurse found him a comfy chair. But I don't know if this was verified by LE or another lie by AM. MOO
Thank you! I was going down a rabbit hole on the media/maps thread searching and getting derailed reading other things. lol I wonder if that point when he was in the hospital was a time they discussed the family, legacy, importance of that case going away, etc. Might have added some fuel to Alex's fire to figure out something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1