VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they just need to create content. This case is pretty damning (IMO) and all the talking heads have left is to discuss is how the defense could possibly argue Alex is innocent.

I appreciate their views, though, I usually learn a few more slimy tidbits of how our justice system allows abusers to evade justice.
The very things that help ensure innocent people aren't railroaded also allow for a conniving, lying, corrupt lawyer to get away with crimes.

So, apparently JG 'cried' over Paul at the end of his defense closing argument, then turned and winked at DH as he returned to his table? That sounds so disingenuous and I hope the jury also picked up on that.

Sounds like the defense fell apart in the late stages compared to the state with regard to the closing arguments and rebuttal. I can't wait to watch all of this later on tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if we still got a hung jury, but I do think there's enough to convict; AM should not have taken the stand. Same as what happened with the Depp v Heard civil trial. Sometimes the person just destroys their own case because of their own ego and confidence that they can sell all of their lies convincingly. There's this sense of entitlement that oozes from AM, probably because he's never had to truly face consequences or accountability before now. I am still shuddering from that really dark, chilling, murderous look he gave the prosecutors after he was asked if he was a family annihilator. That was when I saw the real wolf peeking out from beneath his lambskin coverings.

The very things that help ensure innocent people aren't railroaded also allow for a conniving, lying, corrupt lawyer to get away with crimes.
Isn't the defense allowed to lie, though? The prosecution is not. Perhaps my understanding of the law is too simplistic.

Edit to add: I don't mean to sound argumentative. Our justice system seems to work most of the time... If you can afford a good lawyer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member