VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, without that video and his lies about it there was not enough to take to trial. It’s ironic that if he had thought to tell the truth that he was with them at the kennel, the discovery of that video would not have meant anything and he may have not been charged with their murders. moo
It’s often the staging that trips them up

Jury charges after lunch.

Meadors went for exactly an hour.

To clarify what I think Meadors meant earlier by “Thank God for Bubba”: If Bubba were not such a mischievous, stubborn, alleged chicken murderer, Alex would never have called out to him on the kennel video on 6/7/21, and the state would have no evidence placing AM at the scene.

Meadors was hired by the S.C. Attorney General's Office, where he wants to finish out his legal career as a prosecutor, in December. He joined the Murdaugh prosecution team and wound up delivering the state's final argument. That's really something.

I'm going to stay in Walterboro as the jury deliberates.

Tomorrow afternoon
I would have agreed, by tomorrow.
But with the Judge’s instructions, the jury may have to spend hours or days going through testimony. Sounds to me like the jury can’t even consider all thefts because he hasnt yet been convicted of those crimes.Wow. Why bring them up in trial then?

I don’t like the judge implying he’s presumed innocent by a cloak of righteousness. WTH?

When the jury goes back to the jury room to deliberate, Alex will go back to his holding cell in the courthouse,…probably pacing back and forth in that small room

I think there are two possible scenarios:

1. A verdict comes quickly - like tonight or tomorrow morning. Guilty.
2. A verdict doesn't come quickly, goes into next week - hung jury.

I think it will be one or the other.

I would have agreed, by tomorrow.
But with the Judge’s instructions, the jury may have to spend hours or days going through testimony. Sounds to me like the jury can’t even consider all thefts because he hasnt yet been convicted of those crimes.Wow. Why bring them up in trial then?

I don’t like the judge implying he’s presumed innocent by a cloak of righteousness. WTH?
They can be considered towards motive, that information has value, IMO

Where can I see the state's answer to the defense closing argument?

Did Meadors say Maggie possibly went to her car and put her rings back on after being at the kennels? Heard the gunshots killing Paul & came running towards the feed room? Where was her car? Is that how her ring ended up under the seat?

When the jury goes back to the jury room to deliberate, Alex will go back to his holding cell in the courthouse,…probably pacing back and forth in that small room
I'll admit that I'm not up and up on all this stuff, but if they are to deliberate over the weekend and come to a verdict on Saturday or Sunday, does AM stay in the holding cell that entire time or does he go back to the jail and then have to wait to be transported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1