VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I think AM is totally out of funds and the defense is feeling as if it's working for free (they have likely promised to set aside part of the retainer for appeals). I hope once this is over and the paperwork for appeals is filed, that they abandon any attempt to prioritize a convicted, non-paying client who still needs a massive defense for his future trials.

I do wonder how AM will pay for that set of defense lawyers. They will need real experience with financial crimes. It's going to be a years-long debacle of case after case in which the victims of AM's crimes seek justice. I suppose he'll be very much at home in the jail throughout that time - adapted to gambling for beef sticks and soup; taking calls; becoming King of the Jail through personality and longevity.

But seriously, who is going to pay for his 120 or so other charges to be defended? Looks like 19-20 different indictments? Could that mean 19-20 more trials or...if he's convicted in the next couple of days, and he's already admitted the financial crimes, will he just plead out?

JG is doing his best, but I agree he does not seem convinced by his own words. He is taking pains to say that AM is not a horrible monster, that's my only take away. DH probably feels strongly that he could have done better.

He's winding up! He likes that Grand Jury point - which is well taken.

Oof. Now we're going to have to wait on pins and needles.
What happened to the inherited funds upon his father’s death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1