VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AveryGWilks

Court is back in session.

“Madam forelady and members of the jury, you have heard the testimony, received the evidence and heard the arguments of the state and defendant." Judge Newman is now explaining the law they will have to consider as they weigh Murdaugh's culpability in his wife and son's slayings.

“Remember, you have no friends to reward or no enemies to punish,” Newman tells the jurors. It’s their job to be fair and impartial judges of the facts of this case.

Lawyers in the case, including Attorney General Alan Wilson, have approached the bench with the jury excused. I'm not sure what about. Audio has been cut. Will report back if/when I learn more.

We are now in recess as we wait for the verdict.

Last edited:
Feels hinky that defense wants alternate to remain as a backup. While I would normally think that’s smart, I’ve never seen it happen. And I don’t trust AM not to partake in something nefarious.

Now I hope they sequester the jurors to keep them safe. Did they cover sequestration? I zoned out.

A note from @CourtTV
on questions they have received about jury deliberations, and answers: https://twitter.com/AveryGWilks

Q: How long will the jury deliberate?
A: It’s up to the jury.

Q: Will the jury be sequestered.
A: There is no decision at this time.

More from. @CourtTV
Q: Will we hear the jury's questions and requests during deliberations?
A: Yes, on the record.

Q: Will the jury have technology to view exhibits?
A: Yes.

Q: Will the attorneys be present?
A: They will be somewhere close, but not required to be in court.

More from @CourtTV
Q: How much notice will we get that a verdict has been reached?
A: The longer the deliberations, the more notice will probably be given because the attorneys and staff will be dispersed.

Last note from @CourtTV, and this is the big one.
Q: Will the jury deliberate on weekends.
A: Yes, they will deliberate through the weekend if necessary.

Last edited:
I think the last official timeline record disputes OP's claim MM and AM at Moselle on the morning of June 7 which is Monday.

On this date, AM was not out of bed or close to leaving the house for the office until noon (and MM left Moselle early -- first stop Edisto and then to her doctor's appointment).

It was late evening on Sunday, June 6 that AM/MM delivered the donuts purchased at Krispy K located outside of Hampton.

I believe it was the night before the baseball weekend that AM alleged he spent the night with RM3 at a hospital where a nice little nurse found him a comfy chair. But I don't know if this was verified by LE or another lie by AM. MOO
I hesitate to post this because I don't have a specific cite for it. I had assumed for quite awhile that Maggie stayed at Edisto Beach the night of June 6 into the morning of June 7. That assumption was based on the idea that Alex had requested that she come to Moselle that day. On February 15, I posted that based on the testimony that day it appeared that my assumption was wrong and that Maggie had actually stayed at Moselle that night (before driving to a doctors appointment that day). I don't have time to go through all of the testimony that day, and there may be something more definitive than this but here is Owen asking Alex about the morning of the 7th. At 1:54:53.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member