VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they just sit in the room and listen, all the while they're playing Candy Crush??

No, alternates are kept separately. My understanding is that if the last alternate would be needed, the judge would have to seat the alternate as an official juror, then the jury would have to restart deliberations from the beginning with the new juror.

Based on my own experience with being on a jury.

MOO.

I don't find it strange that the alternate has to stay. I was on a jury for a much lesser case and the alternates had to stay, separately, while the jury deliberated. They ended up not being needed, but had to stay until the jury finished deliberating and the verdict was read.

Side observation...you'd think Buster would have a better fitting suit
AM too, IMO. Their suits seem oversized and not cut from the greatest cloth for prominent men (shiny looking, boxy), but maybe that's the style around there. It's reminiscent of the massive suit David Byrne of The Talking Heads wore on their Stop Making Sense Tour.

MOO

It's been a long day sleuths but it's now in the hands of the jurors and hope they can see through the fog that the defense kept popping and see AM for what he is, will accept the decision ether way but may throw a tantrum first lol. The Crazy Train cocktail lounge car will be open all night with continued drinks on the house. Feel free to mingle, discuss your thoughts and feelings and get your belly full as well in our 5 star dinning car. I feel the state's ending was solid with a dagger to the heart of the defense IMO and we can celebrate that as well. The chicken is springy again and moving about stealing sips from the sleuths drinks, a good sign and will be available for one on one egg chat's. TOOT TOOT! websleuths it's been a heck of a ride and would'nt have changed the ride or great company I have spent time with.

I’ve never listened to a judges instructions before. Was everything he said pretty common?

I ask because it sounded so convoluted to me. As if he was instructing them one way and then another.

When he talked about Alex being wrapped in a cloak of righteousness, I mean what??? Is that for real?

Any of you that have been a juror on a murder case or heard juror instructions please help me out here.

If I was on this jury I would feel lost. Admittedly I know nothing about legal proceedings.

Thanks in advance.

Unless there's direct proof I struggle going with a guilty verdict. I would make a terrible juror.
Haha yes, you would ;). Circumstantial evidence is still evidence. Three people were at the kennels, as evidenced on video and AM's own confession about his lie. Within just minutes of that video of three people, out in the middle of nowhere, two of them were dead and one was lying.

To me, that is VERY direct proof. Either that or AM is THE unluckiest man alive to have had unarmed bandits descend on his property at that exact perfect moment, and kill his family without him hearing a thing. That defies logic. It's UNreasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member