VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am behind and am going to watch the closings from today on YouTube now. But what the heck is the story about a dozen eggs and a juror being booted? :oops:

Summary is from this am. Since your question was already addressed please disregard; however, thought I'd post anything. Additionally, moderator asked that we not continue with eggs jokes. Carry on. ;)

We're back. Judge Clifton Newman is addressing an allegation that a juror had improper discussions about the case. Judge says he met with the juror on the record, and the juror denied discussing the case with anyone.

Newman: Two other people were interviewed in an in-chambers, on-the-record hearing about their contact with that juror. "Both of those individuals waffled on the nature and the extent of the contact.”

Newman: "The juror has had contact or discussions concerning the case with at least three individuals, though it does not appear the discussion was that extensive." But it did involve the juror offering her opinion on evidence presented at trial.

Newman is removing that juror and replacing her with an alternate. We are down to one alternate now.

Defense attorney Dick Harpootlian isn’t happy about this juror issue and how the matter was investigated. He says SLED handled the juror investigation. One agent handling it was a witness in this case. Another was an investigator in the Murdaugh murders investigation.

Harpootlian: “It is muddled. But we would defer to your judgment. … “SLED has made another bad judgment in this case. This is just a continuum of a calamity of errors.”

Judge Newman brings out the juror by herself. “It’s going to require me to remove you from the jury. You have been, by all accounts, a great juror.” You’ve been attentive to the case and performed well.

Judge Newman: “With all the time you’ve invested in the case, you probably hate not to continue, or maybe you want to go. … I’m not suggesting you intentionally did anything wrong.”

Judge Newman asks the juror if she left anything in the jury room that she needs to retrieve before she goes. The juror says she left a dozen eggs.

Judge orders the bailiff to retrieve the woman's eggs, and her purse, from the jury room. Her identity will remain confidential. Judge Newman orders her to wait until after the case to speak publicly about it.

So that is that. The woman doesn't seem to be in any real trouble, and she will get her eggs back.

I think the prosecution would have been well served to show how Alec supposedly did this in what 17 minutes? since the timeline is so tight..it should be easily understandable according to their version of events. if the prosecution says they don't have to show a, b and c..well to me I want to say if being asked to accept there version of events is somewhat out of reason..then they should walk it all the way through..but I feel confused about their timeline..I am super underwhelmed..
by the state's case.

They did explain it. What's missing?

JM drove it deep in the heart of the defense IMO and reminded me of the state attorney in the murder case that I was a juror on which involved a father with no history of violence aka loving man who just up and killed his wife and son. Both were killed with a 45cal, shot in the head. Reason for murder after being together for over 13yrs, money. The state attorney in that case showed the same passion for justice and you could feel it as he laid it out for you. I had the pleasure of having a drink with that attorney months after the case in which the defendant was found guilty and this man takes on a cases and puts his heart into it, had that feeling with JM MPO.

Last edited:
Ah. I have to pay to watch - which I am not going to do today, so please keep us posted!

Nancy is in the courtroom, right?
NG has been in the courtroom, yes. I watch the trial on L&C, but I watch her commentary on FN. She has done a daily show during lunch, but that’s it. I wish she would do one at the end of the day as well.

I'm going to try to find it, but figured I'd ask in case someone knows offhand. The night before the murders Maggie and Alex stopped at Almeda to see his dad and bring him donuts if I recall. I also know Maggie and Alex were at Moselle the morning of the 7th.

Did I dream it that Alex was with his dad the night before all night and Maggie was worried about him not getting sleep? Was that for a different night? Maybe before they went to the games over the weekend?

Going to look, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

Wondering if during that night, whenever it was Alex and his dad had some heart to heart chats that might have set the ball in motion. Alex wouldn't know his dad was terminal then, but he knew it was getting to the end and I'm sure his dad knew that also... did he give him some advice? Did he urge his son to "figure out how to make the boat case go away".. maybe he was encouraging him to just settle, not knowing Alex's financial mess couldn't allow any settling.

I think the last official timeline record disputes OP's claim MM and AM at Moselle on the morning of June 7 which is Monday.

On this date, AM was not out of bed or close to leaving the house for the office until noon (and MM left Moselle early -- first stop Edisto and then to her doctor's appointment).

It was late evening on Sunday, June 6 that AM/MM delivered the donuts purchased at Krispy K located outside of Hampton.

I believe it was the night before the baseball weekend that AM alleged he spent the night with RM3 at a hospital where a nice little nurse found him a comfy chair. But I don't know if this was verified by LE or another lie by AM. MOO

I'm going to try to find it, but figured I'd ask in case someone knows offhand. The night before the murders Maggie and Alex stopped at Almeda to see his dad and bring him donuts if I recall. I also know Maggie and Alex were at Moselle the morning of the 7th.

Did I dream it that Alex was with his dad the night before all night and Maggie was worried about him not getting sleep? Was that for a different night? Maybe before they went to the games over the weekend?

Going to look, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

Wondering if during that night, whenever it was Alex and his dad had some heart to heart chats that might have set the ball in motion. Alex wouldn't know his dad was terminal then, but he knew it was getting to the end and I'm sure his dad knew that also... did he give him some advice? Did he urge his son to "figure out how to make the boat case go away".. maybe he was encouraging him to just settle, not knowing Alex's financial mess couldn't allow any settling.
If Alec said he spent the night at Almeda, then or ever, I'd wonder where he really was. IMO Alec probably used his parents regularly to account for time away, up to no good.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member