VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on an earlier thread lives in that area and explained it well. I think it’s their heritage, maybe Scottish or Irish? Anyway Alex is pronounced Alec. Murdaugh is pronounced Murdauch. It’s common in that part of the country. Maybe the original poster will see this and explain.

I agree. I think it's probably Scottish heritage mixed with a Southern drawl.

Maybe that's why JG mentioned Scottish law in the defense's closing arguments.

(I am joking but who knows at this point?)

I didn't know the 2nd child is typically collateral for a narc.

What I took from the jailhouse calls I listened to is that AM didn't make the conversation about him. He didn't play the victim card and seemed genuinely concerned about Buster.
Yes Buster, the first child but at the same time seemed very tone, deaf to Buster’s needs and his well being. Example in the phone call where he suggested Buster go hunt at Moselle because nobody had hunted out there in a while and the deer would be thick. Buster said no, he wasn’t interested, AM was surprised and said really asked him again, again Buster saids no, then asked if he was interested in dove hunting out there. He seemed completely oblivious, never clued in that Buster would not want to go back to where his mother and brother were killed. MOO

I’ve never listened to a judges instructions before. Was everything he said pretty common?

I ask because it sounded so convoluted to me. As if he was instructing them one way and then another.

When he talked about Alex being wrapped in a cloak of righteousness, I mean what??? Is that for real?

Any of you that have been a juror on a murder case or heard juror instructions please help me out here.

If I was on this jury I would feel lost. Admittedly I know nothing about legal proceedings.

Thanks in advance.
I had to look that up. South Carolina is part of the Bible Belt. There is a church on every corner and more inbetween. I've never seen so many churches in all my life. I used to go grocery shopping on Sunday mornings because everybody else was in church. The judge is probably a very religious man like most South Carolinians are.

Cloak of Righteousness...
What garment is to the body, righteousness is to the soul. As the garment covers a man's body, so does righteousness the soul. As the naked cannot be freely allowed to roam the streets of a civilized society, so will souls not covered with the robe of righteousness not allowed into God's Kingdom.

Yes Buster, the first child but at the same time seemed very tone, deaf to Buster’s needs and his well being. Example in the phone call where he suggested Buster go hunt at Moselle because nobody had hunted out there in a while and the deer would be thick. Buster said no, he wasn’t interested, AM was surprised and said really asked him again, again Buster saids no, then asked if he was interested in dove hunting out there. He seemed completely oblivious, never clued in that Buster would not want to go back to where his mother and brother were killed. MOO
That was insane - who would want to go there again?? I mean...hello dipshit.

I didn't know the 2nd child is typically collateral for a narc.

What I took from the jailhouse calls I listened to is that AM didn't make the conversation about him. He didn't play the victim card and seemed genuinely concerned about Buster.
And this is a great example of what I was referring to as the 2nd child typically being collateral. Buster was the child AM raised in his image. All AM's energy could now be devoted to getting Buster back into law school instead of keeping PM out of jail for his pending criminal charges where he faced 20+ years in prison.

It was Buster that AM publicly proclaimed he wanted to leave $10M life insurance proceeds and not to MM. AM's still controlling Buster from behind bars-- making him feel like the chosen one. AM's a very dangerous individual. MOO

hope they watch all of the interviews, starting with the first dash cam. to me thats the big REVEAL.
I hope they do too. We've all had the 'luxury' of checking out the videos online several times to go back and check specific detail or reexamine them with the context understood from later testimony. It's an important process.

"My understanding: it was a Belk credit card statement, not a receipt. A $1,000+ transaction at the Charleston Gucci store was circled on the receipt, which had been torn and trashed. I'm told the transaction was for a Gucci belt. No idea why prosecutors highlighted it."

And that statement was found in the trash in a building near the kennels? If yes, that’s so bizarre. Alex said he never balanced a checkbook so probably didn’t look at statements. Did Maggie?

And this is a great example of what I was referring to as the 2nd child typically being collateral. Buster was the child AM raised in his image. All AM's energy could now be devoted to getting Buster back into law school instead of keeping PM out of jail for his pending criminal charges where he faced 20+ years in prison.

It was Buster that AM publicly proclaimed he wanted to leave $10M life insurance proceeds and not to MM. AM's still controlling Buster from behind bars-- making him feel like the chosen one. AM's a very dangerous individual. MOO
Thank you for helping me see things differently. I've got some thinking to do.

Agreed BM is only a means to another end and at this point AM's favorite tool in the box to use down the road.

can someone tell me why his name is Alex but people keep referring to him and pronouncing it as Alec - even the lawyers were doing it
Just pronounciation and kind of a 'nick name' I knew a boy up NORTH here and he was Alex officially, but his family or friends would also say Alec, I didn't even think of it as that's how it was. Also Scottish, so maybe it's a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess