VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Threats of more to come if anything is said.

One minute I say guilty the next I'm hung up.........

I think I need to sleep on it and come back in the morning.
I appreciate your views Tippy. Thanks for sharing them with us in the 'hostile environment'. I'm obviously overstating the mood here on WS, but clearly you are in the minority so it's important that you speak up.

Imagine what any outlier jurists will be facing during deliberations?

This reminds me that one of my favourite moves of ALL time is "12 Angry Men". Even the remake was good. If any of you haven't seen it I highly recommend it! I think this is a good time, during deliberations, for me to track it down and watch it for the 6th time!

Couldn't have done it without all your help and you arielilane became the pipeline for great updates even though you demanded your coffee to come with a zip to it at times lol. Hope we can all gather again, strength in numbers and tackle another case and bring some light to it along with taking the dark edge of crimes like this one. As said the ole crazy train is still open and will remain open for the ending of this case and kept ready to roll for the next.
Best coffee ever! Greatly appreciate all the fun and laughter we have all shared together. It's a tremendous help when dealing with a brutal case, and a difficult out of control chicken ;). Laughter is always the best medicine. Cheers!

I hope they do too. We've all had the 'luxury' of checking out the videos online several times to go back and check specific detail or reexamine them with the context understood from later testimony. It's an important process.
Yes, bc to me, if they voted it was not unanimous so they must go through and revisit where there is disagreement. His discrepancies from one interview to the next is revealing to me, I hope they see that.

Regarding the Gucci receipt, thought this footage interesting. I also think possibly Gucci item more along the line of PM purchase than MM because of the cost. It’s unheard of to purchase a woman’s med/lg size handbag for that price. I thought perhaps PM purchased a pair of sneakers. Any pictures of him in Gucci sneakers? Did AM get upset about this purchase?

All of this is speculation on my part. In addition, seemed no precaution taken by throwing away a billing statement, when a shredder would have been better secure.

The only confirmation I recall was for the $3K+ Gucci purchase by MM in May 2021 for a handbag and a pair of slides!

That was insane - who would want to go there again?? I mean...hello dipshit.
I posted this photo before. Buster wasn't too bothered by going back to the property to get guns and other possessions. He's no grieving son/brother here when he is with the dog at the almost exact spot where his brother died. I'd be on the ground weeping!

Attachments

• 67983149-11782643-image-m-40_1677265819259.jpg
    67983149-11782643-image-m-40_1677265819259.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 16
Best coffee ever! Greatly appreciate all the fun and laughter we have all shared together. It's a tremendous help when dealing with a brutal case, and a difficult out of control chicken ;). Laughter is always the best medicine. Cheers!
My pleasure and feel free to jump in on the next adventure we take on would love having you aboard that ole train as we rumble and roll down the tracks. The chicken is family now lol despite his out of control antics at times. The cocktail lounge car is bumping right now and everyone is cutting loose and waiting on a verdict, and one that swings our way. The chicken is playing Twister with several of the sleuths as we speak.

I have a personal friend whose last name is Daugherty - it's pronounced Dockerty.
I know here in MA/ Boston area, lots of Irish and common name and they say Doherty and also it's been AMERICANIZED over the generations to be spelled that way too commonly. Just how it becomes from when people came to USA, at least, from other countries and names got mishmashed or changed up.

I meant how long do they typically allow them to deliberate before reaching calling it hung. Obviously it would vary by case and how many jurors with differing selections, but figured there would be a ballpark.
Jury deliberates and they are the ones who decide when they can’t go farther Then the judge usually tells them to go try again.

And Paul drove the boat.
I agree, and if AM is a narcissist, then Buster, the eldest, would be the 'golden child' to carry on the family legacy, whereas Paul was the 'scapegoat', the one who got all the blame for destroying the family: his upcoming criminal trial, the upcoming civil suit to take Alex for everything he was worth, along with exposure of his financial trickery that would cause him to be disbarred, an upcoming suit claiming conspiracy to frame Connor Cook, Hamstead society turning against them..in a narcissist's mind, it would be all Paul's fault and so Paul deserved to be cast off, he was unworthy of being a Murdaugh.

Maggie, not so sure. Possibly to spare her grief, because she adored Paul, possibly she was no longer loyal. Betrayal is another unforgivable crime for a narcissist.

But I also think AM was probably addled by drug abuse, if he'd been clean he might not have reacted with violence.

JMO

I wonder the same thing. Plus how they get duck out of daugh. Sounds to me like most people are pronouncing it ‘Ellick Murduck’.
Remember Sean Connery the Scottish actor? Recall his voice and picture him saying Alex Murdaugh. It's a Scottish Brogue and the Murdaughs are Scottish. Just the way they talk.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members