VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My pleasure and feel free to jump in on the next adventure we take on would love having you aboard that ole train as we rumble and roll down the tracks. The chicken is family now lol despite his out of control antics at times. The cocktail lounge car is bumping right now and everyone is cutting loose and waiting on a verdict, and one that swings our way. The chicken is playing Twister with several of the sleuths as we speak.
Will do. Read you filed adoption papers for the ole chicken, nice tax break! :)

Thank you for helping me see things differently. I've got some thinking to do.
@Tippy Lynn -- in all sincerity, I'm elated for you that this experience is unknown to you. There's a very good reason why narcs are also known as 'crazy makers' because their very behavior can cause you to doubt yourself or your own sanity. MOO :)

Very true, very true . . . and the chicken. Were it not for him getting snatched up by Bubba, we may not have heard Al-ICK's voice. That voice of his, when Maggie said that it was a Guinea that Bubba had, he sounded contemptuous and seemed to snarl back at her: "It's a CHICKEN!"
I've always thought Paul said, it's a CHICKEN! So all Alex said was, 'c'mere Bubba'? I also thought , thinking it was Paul's voice, it was humerous in response to his mother.

And that statement was found in the trash in a building near the kennels? If yes, that’s so bizarre. Alex said he never balanced a checkbook so probably didn’t look at statements. Did Maggie?
Was the belt for a male or female? Or are they for both? My poverty is showing!

I'd be a snack eating mess if I was in there. I hope they are at least able to discuss and present their thoughts and views of the evidence in a cordial manner. I know what I would like to see the verdict be and I hope that is the ultimate end result, but I hope they all feel similar so there isn't any need to sway anyone or make them feel they need to cave to get a decision.

"Judge Newman encouraged the juror not to speak publicly until after the trial but said she had the right to speak if she wished."
Didn’t he say she could decide but only after the jurors are through with deliberations? Otherwise she might give something away.
@Tippy Lynn -- in all sincerity, I'm elated for you that this experience is unknown to you. There's a very good reason why narcs are also known as 'crazy makers' because their very behavior can cause you to doubt yourself or your own sanity. MOO :)
amen.

That won't be up to Alex, though. And it's a peculiar situation. While not yet convicted, that trust technically belongs to Maggie, who left him her entire estate. If he's found guilty of her murder, he cannot collect it. Presumably it then all goes to Buster - who is not a party to any legal action at this time.

I keep wondering how this can be - since there were claims against Alex made before he was convicted. People need to get their money back. That whole probate business mystifies me, and I really wonder how it will turn out. Doesn't seem fair if Buster gets $4-6M and the victims of Alex's crimes get nothing, as he's managed to truly hide his money from them.

IMO
My husband died while we were living down there. His estate didn't have to go through probate but it wasn't worth anywhere near $4-6 million. He left everything to me, but as I remember SC gives survivors 10 years to put estates through probate. It doesn't concern me anymore because I made the distributions as outlined in his will. I doubt it's changed at all since he only died a little more than a year ago.

I appreciate your views Tippy. Thanks for sharing them with us in the 'hostile environment'. I'm obviously overstating the mood here on WS, but clearly you are in the minority so it's important that you speak up.

Imagine what any outlier jurists will be facing during deliberations?

This reminds me that one of my favourite moves of ALL time is "12 Angry Men". Even the remake was good. If any of you haven't seen it I highly recommend it! I think this is a good time, during deliberations, for me to track it down and watch it for the 6th time!
I watched the original long ago, tv movie, loved it. AMAZING it was, yes.

"Judge Newman encouraged the juror not to speak publicly until after the trial but said she had the right to speak if she wished."

~Try to accomplish abiding that your person does not acquisition out or about something~
IOW….Keep a lid on it!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members