GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. Won't be well liked. To many mistakes by LE. Didn't secure crime scene, should have turned over to outside agency, so much circumstational evidence. Didn't look for other suspects, even with PM being threatened. Did thry investigate any rhreats?

I've believed from day one this was revenge. The way PM was killed. I think MM was in the wrong place. Not sure who, he wronged so many. Some hated this man.

I've known grown men to lay in freezing rain, on the ground, silent for hours. Waiting to shoot deer. Two friends laid in wait to record a mother's lover staying over. They recorded until he left the next am 12 hrs.

It would be very easy to park a several miles away. Hike in and lay in wait. I do believe there were two shooters. The persons knew the family well, knew what guns to use.

Now if LE had secured the crime scene, called in our agency to investigate, etc, then I would feel comfortable in the verdict.
Moo....
Nah.

It would be far too many lucky coincidences for the two laying in wait murderers to be assisted by:
  • AM's lie to LE that he had been down at the kennels with PM and MM just minutes before they were murdered.
  • AM's repetition of that lie about whether or not he was at the kennels to LE until he was confronted with video from Paul's phone many months later.
  • AM's attempt to influence the recall of his mother's caretaker about just how long he was at his mother's house that night.
  • the disappearance of the clothes AM was wearing in the floppy tree video.
  • AM's attempt to influence the recall of his housekeeper about what he was wearing earlier the day of the murders.
  • Sloppy staging at the Moselle house, where - when she showed up the morning after the murders at AM's instruction - the housekeeper discovered MM's pajamas neatly laid out with undergarments in the door of the laundry room (the housekeeper is aware that MM did not wear undergarments with her pajamas).

What's more: If these laying in wait murderers wanted PM and MM dead, it makes no sense that they wouldn't also have killed AM.

IIRC, threats to PM (if they did in fact occur and are not a recent fabrication) were never communicated to LE but were only mentioned after the murders. And no steps were taken to secure PM (cameras on the property, urging PM to remain armed while on the property, urging PM to avoid standing exposed out there when darkness fell), indicating that (if they did in fact occur), the family did not consider them serious and did not consider PM vulnerable to action related to them.

Excuses, deflection from the start.

Lying from the get go to LE and Sled/ Sitting in the Vehicle and Wailing Loudly, but not one tear shed, Deflecting Hugely, blaming people attacking Paul in Social Media, and at Bars, etc., but no reports of such at all, and even his friends who testified said he did get snarky remarks at Bars and such, but nothing significant. THEN creating some whacked out story about someone he knew who was working with the CIA(or the like) and being hired to chase Black Panthers and Kill them. INSANE!

Never asking LE to find the Killer(s).

Lying about being at the Kennels.(Paul's Audio PROOF)

Blanca's testimony about Maggie telling her Alex was hiding things(spurred by Maggie's Credit Card being denied at a store).

Read Maggie visited a Divorce Lawyer in Charleston, and looking into Finances.
Blanca finding Maggie's Wedding Ring on the floor of her vehicle.
His testimony, Full of lies and created BS. All in addition/supporting the Post before mine. MPOV
AM sent up suspect flares all the way to the killings of PM and MM and diversion flares after the killings. The only thing he didn't do was man up and confess to what he had done.

According to the Netflix documentary, Alec took out a $2M liability policy on the house where Mrs. S fell, just two months before.

She's the one who first found his pills and shared that information with Paul. She was afraid Maggie would fire her for snooping, according to the documentary.

Does anyone else remember that weird bit about putting himself on the claim when he filed against his insurance carrier? As well as Mrs. S. She of course dies, and he gets the settlement!!

IIRC. IMO.
well the testimony of her son was enough for me....and AM walks up to him at the funeral service and says he is going to sue himself??? Sorry but it is just one after another for this family with AM being the leader...but the rest of them backed him up every time.

According to the Netflix documentary, Alec took out a $2M liability policy on the house where Mrs. S fell, just two months before.

She's the one who first found his pills and shared that information with Paul. She was afraid Maggie would fire her for snooping, according to the documentary.

Does anyone else remember that weird bit about putting himself on the claim when he filed against his insurance carrier? As well as Mrs. S. She of course dies, and he gets the settlement!!

IIRC. IMO.
No, I don’t remember that. I thought he referred Ms S’s kids to Cory Fleming to have them sue Alex, so Alex's homeowner policy would cover the kids’ suit settlement. I thought the whole point was that AM was not entitled to those funds. Imo.

Am I mistaken?

Last edited:
With regard to the drug addiction, a couple of 'experts' have been interviewed by media and say this level of tolerance is not unusual in long-term opioid addicts. Of course, the tolerance builds up slowly over time, the dose would kill someone not accustomed to it.

Murdaugh's pill habit is possible could lead to unprovoked outburst

IMO, celebrity deaths are rarely from opioids, they're from either mixing drugs, including alcohol; receiving a larger dose of whatever, than they're currently used to (what they might have tolerated before they went clean for a while), or from poor quality street drugs.

There's a thriving black market in genuine pharmeceuticals across the US (supplied by bogus patients getting prescriptions and selling the pills, currupt doctors prescribing to bogus patients for cash under the table, currupt pharmacists creating false prescriptions, pill mills, or theft). They command high prices because wealthy people want to avoid the dangers of street drugs.

Presumably, more will come out at Curtis Smith trial.

JMO

Wise words. Truthfully, I've seen a few malevolent people (inside jails or prisons) but never had the "pleasure" of seeing their unmasked, malignant faces when they are in kill and destroy mode. But we saw that on Alec Murdaugh's face in this trial. My husband says he's seen it (he too was in the military, but he also saw it in other places when crowds got out of control and there was violence).

Now I've seen it too and can never forget it. In fact, now I'm reflecting on a particular person (former employee where I work) and I do think I saw a version of it on his face, once or twice. The rest of the time, everyone said he was the nicest, funniest person they'd ever met.

Hmmm.
IMO.
Good call Edvis, and scary, sad. I've seen it in two people, and just thankful I didn't trigger them, and one is still out there, and also a Narcissist, Charming but dangerous. If you know someone like this...Run!

Could he, would he have put the guns in RM’s coffin?
I guess the coffin is in a vault so they can't use x-ray to check. I have wondered about this. The question is whether he was able to be alone with the body in the funeral home. I would think guns (or gun parts) would slip easily under the cushion beneath the body.

My other thought is that the cleanup boy knows where they are or called a friend of a friend. Moo.

If we wanted to talk about reasons for "believing" AM is innocent, we can start with the dogs. I have had dogs, give them chicken or whatever, they are going to eat the food rather than bark about strangers, unless they have had rigorous training. And, what if the shooter/s were not "strangers", but known to the dogs?

That being said, I believe AM is a killer, and right where he belongs.

Yes, those cases along with the kennel video, discovery of the 792K check that morning, enough to convict. I had the thought that not knowing he was a habitual liar would make the lying about the kennel video even more impactful, although I don’t know how anyone could reason away that lie. What ever happens on appeals, I don’t think he will never be free again because of the $$ crimes. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
basically the defense was telling the jury that he lied about virtually everything in the years leading up to these murders but they should believe him on this one thing...he did not shoot them. Come on!!!

^^rsbm

I believe there were casings found near MM's body that did not match her wounds by the .300 blackout but most of this was soon resolved after interviewing PM's friends and learning where and when they were last target shooting near the kennels.

In the end, all the ammo at the scene could be from family weapons on one date or another.

I mean seriously, where else could you have two victims shot to death 1000 yards from 50+ weapons stored on a shelf for the taking? AM thought he committed the perfect crime. JMO
and the fact he DID have gunshot residue on him, some on his shirt, hands, steering wheel but not on the footwear he was found wearing at the crime scene. also the garment found at his mother's. defense explanation: he picked up a weapon at the house, residue was one it. it was suspected he changed his clothes after the murder because how can you get in close contact with his son, handle his body and not have at least blood on his footwear or anywhere? Im still harkening back to the 911 call when he is distracted when talking to 911 and said "here' as if he was talking to someone or possibly calling the dog...actually I think he volunteered that info about "what? as if Im calling the dog" (paraphrasing), during the interview with LE in the dept.

AM sent up suspect flares all the way to the killings of PM and MM and diversion flares after the killings. The only thing he didn't do was man up and confess to what he had done.
Coward! Also may have convinced himself, by repeating, dreaming about the false possibilities, that he actually didn't do it. Truly Mentally Ill, as I doubt he ever had to take personal responsibility for anything he ever did wrong in his life. MOO

Can someone give me a TLDR of specifically how the murders happened? I am confused.
The mom & son were lured by AM to check on dogs at kennel. Mom's sister said Mom was not even planning on seeing her husband that night, as she was at another one of their properties, but Alex called her to come and her sister encouraged her to go (imagine the guilt). Alex shoots Mom & Son at the kennel.
  • can someone please explain the "15 seconds to 911" situation
  • was Buster at the scene also?
  • Did he leave before it happened, or am I mistaken that he was there?
  • what is AM's motive?
something i found very interesting was the fact he told his wife's sister he wanted to clear Paul's name and was focused on that, and never talked about trying to find whoever KILLED Paul and his wife for God's sake!!!
I don’t mean this in a mean-spirited way, but I had to LOL at your request for a TLDR response to your Q’s.

It would be impossible for me to give you a Cliff’s note version of this convoluted mega-saga.

Maybe someone else can!

Nah.

It would be far too many lucky coincidences for the two laying in wait murderers to be assisted by:
  • AM's lie to LE that he had been down at the kennels with PM and MM just minutes before they were murdered.
  • AM's repetition of that lie about whether or not he was at the kennels to LE until he was confronted with video from Paul's phone many months later.
  • AM's attempt to influence the recall of his mother's caretaker about just how long he was at his mother's house that night.
  • the disappearance of the clothes AM was wearing in the floppy tree video.
  • AM's attempt to influence the recall of his housekeeper about what he was wearing earlier the day of the murders.
  • Sloppy staging at the Moselle house, where - when she showed up the morning after the murders at AM's instruction - the housekeeper discovered MM's pajamas neatly laid out with undergarments in the door of the laundry room (the housekeeper is aware that MM did not wear undergarments with her pajamas).

What's more: If these laying in wait murderers wanted PM and MM dead, it makes no sense that they wouldn't also have killed AM.

IIRC, threats to PM (if they did in fact occur and are not a recent fabrication) were never communicated to LE but were only mentioned after the murders. And no steps were taken to secure PM (cameras on the property, urging PM to remain armed while on the property, urging PM to avoid standing exposed out there when darkness fell), indicating that (if they did in fact occur), the family did not consider them serious and did not consider PM vulnerable to action related to them.
The alibi (lie) started with the 911 call, AM told the operator he had not seen PM and MM for 1.5 to 2 hours.

Wise words. Truthfully, I've seen a few malevolent people (inside jails or prisons) but never had the "pleasure" of seeing their unmasked, malignant faces when they are in kill and destroy mode. But we saw that on Alec Murdaugh's face in this trial. My husband says he's seen it (he too was in the military, but he also saw it in other places when crowds got out of control and there was violence).
Now I've seen it too and can never forget it. In fact, now I'm reflecting on a particular person (former employee where I work) and I do think I saw a version of it on his face, once or twice. The rest of the time, everyone said he was the nicest, funniest person they'd ever met.

Hmmm.
IMO.
I've seen it now that I know what you mean. When it's someone you know very well and the point comes that the 'face' comes out, it's horribly 'other worldly' and you know, save yourself. So scary that you saw that on former coworker. See? They're around, be very alert, especially women in relationships of any iota of this. Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke