GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

State has NO victim impact statements.

Waters about #AlexMurdaugh: He liked to stare me down as he walked by me and I could see the real Alex Murdaugh.

Waters asks for two consecutive life sentences.

Judge Newman: Would any victim like to speak at ANY time during these proceedings?

"I'm innocent. I would never hurt my wife Maggie and I would never hurt my son Paul Paul." - #AlexMurdaugh speaks to the judge.

Murdaugh: "When I lied, I continued to lie." Judge: "When will it end? The jury concluded that you lied and lied and continued to lie throughout your testimony."

Judge: You claimed to be somewhere else when the crime was committed, then when witness after witness placed you there minutes prior, you had to switch courses and admit to being there.

Wow! Judge tells #AlexMurdaugh he's sure Maggie and Paul visit him every night when he tries to go to sleep. Murdaugh says: "All day and every night" Judge Newman: "They will continue to do so and will reflect on the last time they looked you in the eyes”

Judge: You have such a lovely family, such friendly people, including you and to go from that to this….

"Judge, I'll tell you again, I respect this court, but I'm innocent. I would never, under any circumstances, hurt my wife Maggie and I would never under any circumstances hurt my son Paul Paul." - Alex Murdaugh
BREAKING: Judge sentences Alex Murdaugh to two consecutive life sentences for the murders of Maggie and Paul.

Maggie‘s sister testified on the stand, that she believed in his innocence until the roadside shooting then things started to change". I do not believe she thinks he is innocent, I understand her maintaining her privacy, which she has done throughout this trial. If she is at peace with not making her feelings public, I am OK with that. In today’s social media environment I think sometimes the less said the better, no telling what it opens you up to making yourself visible. As far as Alex’s sisters and brothers if they do feel, I know that he did it. I don’t think they would ever say that publicly or say anything that they would view shaming the family. MOO

Sad to say but I see the siblings as being treated the way that Maggie was treated after the boat wreck, maybe they will want to move like she did.

Jmo

Judge Newman’s address to AM and the court was beyond anything I imagined. He has such a way of expressing himself, and no surprise there was zero emotion from AM. I can’t tell you how much I admire this Judge!
they really picked the right judge for this. I have to think all the rest of those cases will not go to trial and will be settled in some way. I wonder if "Jim" Griffin has it in him to tackle the appeal for this murderer. I think he knows he client did this and he is just too close to the family and case. He should get out.

Court tv talking heads....state that the judge went overboard. Really? AM killed his wife and son, who has a problem with two consecutive life sentences?!
I get so tired of these talking heads always trying to find an angle too push back on. AM can stand up there and take the heat of Newman‘s fabulous sentencing. Sentence was appropriate moo

Judge Newman’s address to AM and the court was beyond anything I imagined. He has such a way of expressing himself, and no surprise there was zero emotion from AM. I can’t tell you how much I admire this Judge!
Same! And to think that Judge Newman will be presiding over many (most?) of the huge docket remaining for AM's financial crimes... Won't *that* be interesting (i. e., what kind of penalties may be given to a defendant who is not just "broke", but totally has a negative balance in the hundreds of thou$$$and$)? Anyone?

I have never heard a summation of sentencing like the one done by Judge Newman. He was so truly heartfelt, and seemed saddened by the entire case. He was having none of Alex's lies, he held him accountable for once in his life.

I loved this Judge before this case, followed him on other cases, but admire him 100 x more now. I hope he continues in good health and honorable conduct for many years to come. We need more like him.

MOO
Jussie Smollet's judge gave him a similar dressing down. It was great.

No one spoke on behalf of Maggie and Paul! Does this mean they don’t think he did it? I can’t imagine any other reason.

Judge is so disgusted with AM and has no doubt he did it! Consecutive LWOP!

I will say if I were innocent and in front of the judge sentencing me to life I would be shaking/losing my mind. AM was so composed and rehearsed in his denial!
I think it was discussed and decided no more needed to be said. I believe they would have if it would have made a difference and discussed with State. State knew what the judge would do and say....I was a bit surprised sister of Maggie did not get up but she has been thru so much and probably wants to maintain a relationship with Buster who has not been involved in this (at least it seems).

I thought I read somewhere that defense was going to do one after the sentencing. Looking for a link!
Ugh…I forgot about the defense presser

Didn‘t they say yesterday about an hour after sentencing? Maybe they have re-thought this now?

Looks like a Sled/ LE PC is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284