GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! Glad he was sentenced to the maximum. I'm actually surprised, since I thought he would get a lesser sentence.

Again, glad the jury got it right - for once. I'm sick & tired of rich scum-bags literally getting away with murder. And, I'm glad it didn't happen here!

Maggie‘s sister testified on the stand, that she believed in his innocence until the roadside shooting then things started to change". I do not believe she thinks he is innocent, I understand her maintaining her privacy, which she has done throughout this trial. If she is at peace with not making her feelings public, I am OK with that. In today’s social media environment I think sometimes the less said the better, no telling what it opens you up to making yourself visible. As far as Alex’s sisters and brothers if they do feel, I know that he did it. I don’t think they would ever say that publicly or say anything that they would view shaming the family. MOO
Definitely on board with maintaining your privacy. Smart move with MP, imo. The other one shaking their head not so smart imo. Being there daily in support is fine, but keep mannerism to yourself. But, that's just me. moo.

Same! And to think that Judge Newman will be presiding over many (most?) of the huge docket remaining for AM's financial crimes... Won't *that* be interesting (i. e., what kind of penalties may be given to a defendant who is not just "broke", but totally has a negative balance in the hundreds of thou$$$and$)? Anyone?
why would they do to trial on those...he confessed. I don't think they will see a courtroom.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear that there were no victim impact statements.

I was afraid that Dick & Jim would pressure Buster to do yet another loyalty pledge to AM. I am so glad for Buster that they did not.

As for Maggie’s family, I can imagine it was a very difficult decision for them. My own guess is that they believe that the best way to speak for and support Maggie is to do everything possible to maintain relationships with her living son, who clearly will need much support as he heals from this tragedy.

SLED Chief Mark Keel saying that they will seek justice for anyone involved with or aiding Alex Murdaugh. hmmmm
It is my belief that someone helped AM get rid of the evidence (guns, bloody clothes, etc). The timeline really doesn't give him time to dispose of all of this between the time of the shooting and his departure to see his mother. He may have wrapped it all in the tarp and taken it to his mother's house, but it would have been unwise for a grieving husband/father to take off and dispose of evidence while planning a funeral, especially with his father's death and funeral arrangements going on. I suspect a third party retrieved the tarp and disposed of it.

As an example, someone mowing the grass and doing yardwork would not attract attention removing a tarp full of material.

I assume Alex won’t be transported to prison just yet as he will have to appear in “courts” for his 99 financial trials?

Well he def got Smoked! A shame he still believes in his innocence. No emotion. At least the judge made him squirm for a few minutes. What an epic fall from grace! This is going to be looked at as the Great American Tragedy. It had a little bit of everything and I suspect we've only scratch the surface of this man's depravity. I hope the truth of everything comes out one day. For now, I tired of looking at this monster's face.
He STILL did not say “I did not kill Maggie or Paul.” He’s still doing the hypothetical “I would never…”

Not a reliable denial. I don’t ever want to hear him say anything, ever, again.

I cannot believe someone in that court system leaked autopsy photos...beyond words
I was a little confused on this.
Was it leaked by someone or was it, like the jury being filmed, accidentally filmed on camera.
I know that at one point there was an autopsy picture of MM that was visable on camera and, apparently, there was one of PM that was visable but I did not see that one.
I would hope no one there would leak those horrible pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46