GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this. I don’t think any photos were leaked. Just cameraperson faux pas.

The judge did say autopsy photos were "posted," which I took to mean someone did post actual pics on a website somewhere. But I guess that could be just his way of saying they were seen on a stream and maybe screen captured and posted.

It’s so sad that not one person came forward to speak up on behalf of Maggie and Paul. No family member. No friend.

I realize that many gave testimony and spoke up for them by testifying honestly then. But this would have been the opportunity to speak directly to Alex and to the judge imposing sentence, even if only to say that this crime has left them reeling in incomprehension and torn them in half - between their love of and grief for the loss of Maggie and Paul and their love of and grief for Alex who stands convicted of causing that loss. Instead the State stood alone to represent Maggie and Paul and the unacceptability of the violations against them and against the whole community.

judge Newman is a wise judge and a compassionate person. Even as he prepared to sentence Alex, he appealed to him like a father or pastor would, telling Alex that the path to wholeness is through honesty and confession of wrongdoing. That was a reminder of and an invitation to the path of redemption. Alex rejected it, apparently determined to make rock bottom somewhere lower than where he is now.
AM continues his denials because he will be appealing this case.

Are we waiting on the defence presser? I can’t find anything live for it.

I have never heard a summation of sentencing like the one done by Judge Newman. He was so truly heartfelt, and seemed saddened by the entire case. He was having none of Alex's lies, he held him accountable for once in his life.

I loved this Judge before this case, followed him on other cases, but admire him 100 x more now. I hope he continues in good health and honorable conduct for many years to come. We need more like him.

MOO
I hope someone writes Judge Newman's biography. He is someone we should all know more about -- someone to model and be inspired by. What an amazing sentencing statement he gave!

they really picked the right judge for this. I have to think all the rest of those cases will not go to trial and will be settled in some way. I wonder if "Jim" Griffin has it in him to tackle the appeal for this murderer. I think he knows he client did this and he is just too close to the family and case. He should get out.
I think the state should get on with the financial crimes he admitted to in this trial and get convictions. Just in case there is some chance that this murder conviction is overturned, existing convictions on the financials will be helpful in a retrial.

I believe team Murdaugh will have an appellate lawyer working on their appeal(s) with JG overseeing the work. Of course with AM having so much free time on his hands, a couple of stolen pens and an inflated opinion of himself, it's highly probable that AM himself will write his own appeal(s).
moo

I find it interesting that the AM always called the brothers and never the sister when he was in a tight spot and yet she seems to be his biggest champion.
I think she knows less of her brother's activities. Randy knows first hand as he is at the law firm...even today. John Marvin seems like he is in some la-la land with that smile. Not sure how much he knows but I am sure enough to know his brother did it. But the sister looks clueless and I bet not involved at all with the family type of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46