GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a poll. Did you think AM was the suspect before he was arrested?

I did.

Jmo
Yes, Rogan had told LE he heard AM in the background while on the phone with Paul at the kennels, they knew Alex was lying before the kennel video was recovered. For over a year Alex thought he was going to get away with the murders. moo

I skipped a few pages to say this: They wanted a speedy trial and this case "jumped" others in the Judges own words. I wonder how Harpootlian and Griffin feel about that now? They are not sorry they let him take the stand (although, I do not think they could have stopped him), I am surprised he did not want to do the closing himself. Thanks to all my fellow sleuthers here and living in SC, I am sure this is not the last I hear of him either. I would like Justice for Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield. There is no time limit on murder. Maybe AM will go to Lee and meet Sydney Moorer? Maybe he will end up in a Max prison 15 miles from my house? Tammy Moorer is in a prison about 22 miles from me. I hope they do not put him in the Low Country, no more favors! God bless you all, where to go now?

The ten-day notice to file the intent to appeal is time sensitive, and it follows that AM's defense counsel make the statutory filing for the newly convicted, and proof of the court filing, served on all parties within 30 days.

In my experience, I have NEVER seen an appeal where an extension notice is not filed-- simply given the time it takes not only to procure a certified copy of the six-week trial transcript but also the time required to review a trial transcript of this magnitude!

Although I see DH handing the grunt work to the juniors in the backroom, there's still plenty of time for AM to engage new counsel for his appeal if required.

Also, I believe it was JG that was excited to also cite a federal case he believes is applicable here where they can exhaust all their state court appeals and still have another avenue remaining. MOO

JG and DH -- PLEASE give it up!

Donate your potential legal fees to a worthy charity. Free Buster from months of uncertainty so he can start rebuilding his life. Don't force the taxpayers of SC to fund another case. Alec is going to be in jail anyway for all the financial wrongs. PLEASE spare his son, his family, his community, and SC all the upheaval. This is a total waste of resources. Moo.Moo.

Mickey not sure where you live but my experience is many many employers don't pay and if they do not regular pay. I am glad to hear some do get paid. I got a portion and a pittance from the court (about enough for parking downtown).

Wow, that is terrible. No wonder people hate jury duty so much. I got a notice this year, I have to appear if called up.

Maybe it's a rural living thing or I don't know, exactly, but... I believe plain-speak and common sense go a long way for "real people" jurors. There were several memorable moments during the trial but, I won't quickly forget, "That's how angles work, yes sir." ;)

I find this highly convincing in respect of the rain jacket - if one follows the correct process for analysing circumstantial evidence (as per the prosecutor)

The risk is always henpecking and speculating away circumstantial evidence one piece at a time, rather than considering the big picture. Oh maybe someone had been shooting previously with this raincoat.

Of course one can always come up with speculative reasons to explain away each piece of evidence in isolation, but one must consider first what has been established as a fact before asking what inferences we can make

In this case, the prosecutor notes that it was factually established that the accused took something blue to the parents' house and the raincoat with GSR was recovered when police went and searched for such an object. It is these facts together that are critical.

Speculating about when the GSR got on the raincoat is not the point. The point is this is a very strange thing for the accused to doing on days after the murder if he cannot reasonably account for it.

Once a juror finds that the witness did in fact see AM delivering the blue jacket, and (implicitly) stashing it in the closet - this is a disastrous set of facts for the accused.
I think especially because she had no way of knowing any GSR or anything at all was on that raincoat. She just mentioned an odd occurrence to the police. THEN they found the raincoat.

I understand sometimes witnesses say something AFTER a piece of evidence is mentioned the them, but she told LE about the raincoat and then they searched the house and found it. Seems very credible to me for that reason.

interesting how many people get to name streets after their family and homes??? And JMM on the job. Comments were made about the initial investigation where family were right there taking LE where they wanted them to go....local LE really dropped the ball early on. Those are telling photos. Thanks for sharng that.
When we got 9-1-1 in SC if your driveway was longer than something like 1500 feet, it had to have its own name. For instance my Dad and Aunt both shared a driveway, but it had to be named and each house had to get its own number. everyone with access to the drive had to agree on the name, submit it to 9-1-1 and it had to be approved so that there were no duplicates in the County. It does make sense.

We really don't know what she said or when she said it. Lots of people commented early in the trial that the prosecution trial seemed disjointed and they hadn't really pulled the various bits of evidence into a coherent narrative. That happened later, with the introduction of the OnStar evidence and the timeline docs. The juror may have just made a comment during the first few days of the trial that the prosecution hadn't proved its case yet.

And we do know that only 9 of the 12 jurors initially voted guilty, but the holdouts changed their minds after some discussion. There's really no reason to believe that whatever this juror's opinion would have been at the close of the trial, she wouldn't have also have been open-minded during deliberations.

In any case, if she did make comments about the trial to her friends, the judge had no choice but to remove her. I don't see how that could be considered reversible error. (I would say that leaving her on the jury would be more grounds for appeal than removing her.)

What's your source on the 9/3 vote? How did we establish this?

As all I've read in MSM is 11/1 and I believe that's from the juror who spoke on GMA. Then there's the other juror who said it took them 45 minutes to get from 11/1 to unanimous. Getting from 9/3 to unanimous in 45 minutes must be a world record.

Anyway, would be much obliged if you share your source on that one (I probably missed it).

Totally agree with you about it not being a reversible error if in fact 3 people contacted Judge Newman to say she was discussing the case out of turn (which it appears is what happened). He had no choice.

IMO.

Last night JG said AM will do ‘real well’ in prison. I don’t know what his purpose was for saying that. He said “he’s a good attorney, he’s very friendly, makes friends with anyone easily and he’s a big guy.

Yikes.... a big guy??????? Is he saying he can fend off any amorous advances???? I dont think your size has any bearing on a "love" ambush or a wacko who wants to kill you in prison to make a name for himself....
I think JG saying "and he's a big guy" simply means his size in itself would be intimidating (on top of his "winning ways" of good lawyering and friendliness), one final reason other prisoners would not be inclined to mess with him, he could also physically defend himself if needed. JMO

I think JG saying "and he's a big guy" simply means his size in itself would be intimidating (on top of his "winning ways" of good lawyering and friendliness), one final reason other prisoners would not be inclined to mess with him, he could also physically defend himself if needed. JMO
The real problem for AM is guards. Especially if he doesn't show "proper respect".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member