GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

I just wish so many people didn't receive their jury summons with a groan... it's an important duty for everyone. I feel everyone should, if at all possible, serve on a jury. Since the pay, food, parking costs, etc. are often poor, sub-par, and/or problematic, I think employers should compensate their employees if at all possible.

jmo
I’d love to serve on a case like this or similar however being self-employed the 28 days or even a week long trial would cost me dearly
Sitting there estimating what Harpootlian & Griffin are pulling in would fry me

I do think he's the typical antisocial type, though. He knows how to barter his legal services and how to get some men to see themselves as "under him." He is superficially charming and knows how to be affable. He will have as much commissary money as the place allows (they should limit him, IMO).

Has anyone been Dahmered at Kirkland, I wonder? Seems to me as if they'd be set up to keep Alec in his own cell and have him in the exercise yard with a small number of other at risk prisoners. He'd still be able to talk to others in nearby cells in most prisons (complete solitary is considered inhumane unless the prisoner is repeatedly a danger to others - unless that's how he wants it, I suppose).

Dahmer had severe mental health problems, putting him at risk both for knowing when to avoid/back down from others and for doing any number of things (saying/doing) that others would find intolerable.

Alec is an affable Southern gentleman with years and years of conning others and using his façade. I'm not too worried about him. He probably wants to be part of a prison gang, IMO.

All opinion.
I hope Alec gets exactly as many dollars in his commissary account as he contributed to Miss Shelly's wedding.

But if any dollars find their way to his commissary account, I rather wish they could be seized and given to those he stole from.

He doesn't deserve extra Ramen.

JMO

Last edited:
I agree with you 100% about the size of that settlement. My gosh, that just seems so inadequate given those physical injuries and the emotional trauma of the whole experience.

Since a civil suit can only result in a monetary judgment, there are pretty strict guidelines as to what is compensable. Unlike wrongful death, Malory was not related to CC and he had no standing but he was likely compensated for his medical costs and pain and suffering.

I hope Alec gets exactly as many dollars in his vommissary account as he contributed to Miss Shelly's wedding.

But if any dollars find their way to his commissary account, I rather wish they could be seized and given to those he stole from.

He doesn't deserve extra Ramen.

JMO

But you know women are already writing to him -- just waiting until his address is published to dump them in the post.

IMO, AM will also be that inmate selling his excess fan letters to other inmates!

Baby killer Watts has a fan club -- don't ever doubt that big red will have one too!

Credit to Gardenista who originally posted about this :) Also, as a sidenote, while my perception of L & C's commentary was that it was a little too "pro-defense no matter what", I was pleasantly suprised by FitsNews coverage. I thought it seemed less biased, less sensational and more informative than other L & C. (Probably, in no small part, due to FITS being based in S. Carolina with a history there.)
'Murdaugh Murders' Trial: Alex Murdaugh Guilty On All Counts - FITSNews

"She was dug in,” a source familiar with the deliberations confirmed, referring to the juror removed who was removed earlier in the day by S.C. circuit court judge Clifton Newman. “She said he was ‘not guilty’ and there was nothing anyone could do to change her mind.”

“She would have hung the jury,” another source confirmed.
What a silly woman breaking the rules. If you are so adamant someone is not guilty you don't do something so stupid as to lose your voting voice. Was anything further said re the potential role of the defense in this incident?

Bringing forward this portion of a post from last evening:
GUILTY - SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #39

Property records indicate that Murdaugh is listed as a co-owner of three wooded tracts totaling 30 acres amid the waterways of St. Helena Island

JAN 2022

Murdaugh's current assets:
  • Three bank accounts, containing a total of $10,000 in cash.
  • A retirement account worth somewhere between $2.1 and $2.2 million
  • An IRA retirement fund worth somewhere between $350,000 and $400,000
  • Real estate that Murdaugh has an interest in, along with other individuals, but can’t liquidate without court action, including a hunting club and some “small islands” around Beaufort County. Some of this real estate is owned through LLCs, Lay said.

3 tracts totaling 30 acres is that so much lowcountry land? The Moselle home is on 1700 acres.

The Geography of St Helena Island, according to Saint Helena Island (South Carolina) - Wikipedia

St. Helena Island is a Sea Island in Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States. The island is connected to Beaufort by U.S. Highway 21. The island has a land area of about 64 sq mi <> population of 8,763 <>. It is included as part of the Hilton Head Island-Beaufort Micropolitan Area. The island is renowned for its rural Lowcountry character

St. Helena Island is considered an inland Sea Island and does not have actual frontage on the Atlantic Ocean. The island is surrounded by expansive marshes, particularly along the southeastern side of the island. It is the largest Sea Island in the Beaufort area and is the largest island between Edisto Island and Hilton Head Island < > most established communities on the island are Frogmore and Lands End.

The History, pre Civil War to date

The area < > rice < > indigo, cotton and spices were grown

In order to stem the tide of gentrification, significant planning efforts have led to restrictive development regulations to ensure the island retains its rural character and preserves its cultural and historic resources. Condominium communities and gated communities are not allowed on St. Helena Island.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/32%C2%B022'34.6%22N+80%C2%B034'20.0%22W/@32.376272,-80.572228,26696m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m4!3m3!8m2!3d32.376272!4d-80.572228?hl=en

Chapel of Ease Ruins, St Helena Island, NC
Screenshot 2023-03-04 3.48.49 PM.png

8 years ago Oh, my, the huge beautiful crabs!

JMM seems like the family "clean up guy" and as such I have no respect. I said it before he is the most like AM as any of them...would he commit murder...no he would not but has no problem covering up for those that do.
There are terms for this role in family -- rescuer, enabler, etc. All fits with codependency and dysfunctional family dynamics. OMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper