SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true - I.e. pleading to one count of criminal conspiracy for the multi-county narcotics distribution charges’ - my opinion is much more needs to be made known and available on this. One count? And multi are noted and the millions of dollars alleged to be involved? Seriously?

From my perspective it didn’t seem the defendant displayed or had the alleged ‘drug’ problem that was floated and led to his need for rehab.

Seems something is getting ‘swept under the rug’ on this matter.
MOO

Last edited:
If this is true - I.e. pleading to one count of criminal conspiracy for the multi-county narcotics distribution charges’ - my opinion is much more needs to be made known and available on this. One count? And multi are noted and the millions of dollars alleged to be involved? Seriously?

From my perspective it didn’t seem the defendant displayed or had the alleged ‘drug’ problem that was floated and led to his need for rehab.

Seems something is getting ‘swept under the rug’ on this matter.
MOO
He was indicted in June 2022 :

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Once prominent and soon-to-be disbarred South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaughhas been indicted again, this time prosecutors saying his crimes extended to an eight-year money laundering and painkiller ring with a friend and former client charged with trying to help him commit suicide.

Murdaugh wrote 437 checks worth $2.4 million that Curtis “Eddie” Smith cashed over eight years, keeping some of the money for himself and giving the rest for wide-ranging illegal activities, according to indictments handed up last week and unsealed Tuesday.

That illegal activity included a “distribution network” for the painkiller oxycodone, according to prosecutors, who did not specify any of the other possible crimes. Both men were charged with possessing, manufacturing or distributing narcotics, but court records did not provide additional details.
[…]

Murdaugh and Smith started laundering more money and stopped taking precautions to avoid detection about three months before the killings, said Creighton Waters, the chief of the state Attorney General Office’s State Grand Jury Division.

Waters did not give any more details at Smith’s bond hearing Tuesday.
[…]

IMO, even with a new trial, there is enough evidence without financial, to prove, without a motive, that he had the means and opportunity of murder. With the GPS, the box data from the vehicle, the testimony from Biana and mother's care giver and the kennel tape, etc to convict. If it is in Colleton County again the jury pool may be overly informed by the previous trial but they'll get a jury. There are still enough residents to have lived through the Murdaugh dynasty and know of the coruption and probability that AM thought he could get away with even murder.
Didk and Jim should have left well enough alone, with current news of the financial crimes and possible drug crimes, the jury pool is learning about it without being introduced at a trial, again JMO.

Financial victims of Alex Murdaugh ready to speak out at sentencing: 'You’re a thief and a liar'​

On Tuesday, the Satterfield family will be able to do something they have been waiting for: address Murdaugh directly.

Murdaugh’s victims expect to have the opportunity to speak, and a lawyer said one of Gloria Satterfield’s adult sons and her sister plan to do so. The lawyer, Eric Bland, also said he wants to confront Murdaugh, who had employed Satterfield as the family’s housekeeper before she died following a “trip and fall accident” at the Murdaughs’ home.

“I’m going to say that 'I heard you say that you wrongfully took ... no, you didn’t wrongfully take, you stole,'” Bland said. “‘I heard you say you misrepresented. No, you didn’t misrepresent, you lied. Yeah, let’s not sugarcoat what you did. You’re a thief and a liar.’”

Some snippets:
In fact, multiple sources familiar with these investigations said they believe bothof Hill’s pending ethics cases will wind up at SLED … sooner rather than later.

“They are leaning strongly toward referring them to SLED,” a source close to the investigation told us this week.

The two ethics investigations into Hill are potentially intertwined with an ongoing SLED investigation into allegations of jury tampering against the independently elected clerk of court. According to our sources, one of the two ethics investigations tied to Hill has a direct Murdaugh nexus – namely the publication of her recent book

The second investigation is reportedly tied to allegations of misappropriated funds from the clerk’s office budget. It is not immediately clear whether that inquiry has any tie to the murder trial that made Hill a household name.
/—-
Yikes. JMOO

WATCH LIVE: Alex Murdaugh Financial Crimes — SC v. Alex Murdaugh — Sentencing​

Convicted family killer and disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh will be sentenced Tuesday for the millions-of-dollars scheme he plotted to steal from 18 of his former clients. Murdaugh was originally charged with 101 financial crimes, but under a plea deal, the charges were dropped down to 22 crimes. It’s estimated that Murdaugh stole more than $8 million from clients — many who are disabled. A jury found Murdaugh guilty of murdering his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, earlier this year.

WATCH LIVE: Alex Murdaugh Financial Crimes — SC v. Alex Murdaugh — Sente... https://youtube.com/live/BdwpuZkbBDE?si=yZIoYZd9WIoPkXJ- via
@YouTube

h1s6tQ6X

Last edited:
Good morning from Beaufort. Today is a day many families and victims of Alex Murdaugh have been waiting for. They’ll be able to address him in court during his formal sentencing for the state financial crimes he’s pleaded guilty to. Expecting a packed house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257