GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A person like NR will always blame others for his bad choices and brainless cruelty. If pressed, I have no doubt he would claim Samantha’s death was actually HER fault for fighting back. I think these statements from his mother may help explain where some of that lack of accountability came from.

Thanks to all who posted on these threads.

The defendant didn't shed a tear or show the slightest emotion even when his parents were asking the judge for leniency. That says it all IMO. Even more heartbreaking that it seems like he came from a good family yet turned out so evil.

The defendant didn't shed a tear or show the slightest emotion even when his parents were asking the judge for leniency. That says it all IMO. Even more heartbreaking that it seems like he came from a good family yet turned out so evil.

I guess his father had a stroke within the last couple of years.
Years ago my dad had a stroke and was very much like his father appeared today. It still rips me apart thinking of how fragile and broken my dad was. To see his father in the state he was in and NR not to have a shred of emotion in response speaks volume to me.

Love the judge. He reminds me of a cross between Morgan Freeman and Ben Carson, and I love both of them!

Justice is served. I pray for healing for Sam's family, especially her dad who was speaking of suicidal thoughts. I hope this brings him (and all of them) some measure of closure and comfort. Samantha would want them all to be whole in her memory.

Goes to a question I've asked but not had answered: Who was the female passenger in the car with NR when he was stopped by police?

Apparently, she was not brought forth during the trial. We only know this because the Judge inquired if "the girlfriend" was the one who testified and defense said no.

If she (or anyone in his life or orbit) had anything of relevance to evidentiary value to contribute, as the Judge said, they should have been called by the defense. Clearly there was no-one .

Defense immediately renewed their motion for a new trial based on the initial traffic stop and they also cited how fast the verdict came back as reason for new trial

Denied

If it wasn't such a serious situation I would laugh at the absurdity of their reason for appeal based on fast verdict. Ridiculous.

The jury took a lot more time deliberating than the defense took to present the case for the defense! (Where’s the infinity symbol on my keyboard.)

I was a trace worried that presenting no defense might be considered ‘ineffective counsel.’ But, it seems like a strategic move when, A: you don’t have any case, and B: you can keep the prosecution from rebutting your closing argument. I was really worried about that last point—I shouldn’t have been.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back