SC SC - Sharon Hayden, 39, Boiling Springs, Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Mother of missing woman linked to HT kidnapping suspect awaiting closure

cache.php

More than two weeks after the kidnapping and recovery of a 4-year-old Johns Island girl captivated the Charleston area, the mother of another woman connected to the case is waiting for closure.

Sharon Jowers has been worried since Feb. 21, when she learned that kidnapping suspect Thomas Lawton Evans had her daughter, Sharon Nannette Hayden's, Honda Civic two days before the Feb. 13 abduction of HT and assault of the girl's mother.

Since that revelation, Jowers said she's been pressing authorities for answers and that her anxiety only increased after learning this week that the Honda was found abandoned at a Georgia home.

According to a report released by the Morgan County Sheriff's Office in Georgia, deputies were sent to investigate a burglary at 5:53 p.m. Feb. 14 on Davis Academy Road in Rutledge. Once at the scene, they discovered a blue Chevrolet Impala had been stolen.

Deputies also found Hayden's Honda, which had not been reported stolen, abandoned in a wooded area behind the home and got in touch with South Carolina officials, the report said.

"They learned that ... Hayden was reported missing and that it was possible that the Honda was used in the abduction of a 4-year-old child," the report said.
Read more: https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_cf3c7ecc-1da6-11e8-9896-2b680fa46c34.html

BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC contributed to this article) —

Police want to speak with an Upstate woman whose car was driven by a man who is charged in the abduction of a 4-year-old girl from the Charleston area, but her mother says she is missing.
Charleston police said they want to speak to Sharon Hayden, of Boiling Springs, about the kidnapping of HT, whose Feb. 13 abduction was preceded by a brutal attack on her mother in their St. Johns home.
According to investigators, Evans had been possession of Hayden's car two days before the kidnapping.

Residents along Mendel Rivers Road in Berkeley County called deputies on the evening of Feb. 11 about a suspicious parked vehicle. They said the man driving the car told them he had run out of gas.

Deputies, who said they located Evans near the car, said they ran his information through dispatch and learned his license was suspended. Evans told deputies he would have his brother come pick up the car.

After confirming that Evans’ record was clear and that he had no stolen items in his possession, deputies allowed him to go, a police report says.

Berkeley County Chief Deputy Mike Cochran said Evans was not arrested for driving under suspension because the law requires that deputies see him driving to make such an arrest.
Officers later determined the black Honda Civic belonged to Hayden.
Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office Lt. Kevin Bobo said deputies conducted a welfare check on Hayden in Boiling Springs on the same morning Evans was seen in Berkeley County, but she was not home.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/missin...cused-of-kidnapping-child-police-say/18683451

HT's Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...est*&p=13948101&highlight=Sharon#post13948101

Thanks for thread. She seems too have been forgotten in an incredibly awful narrative.

Not forgotten, but I admit, I was hoping she would re-surface or be found before we had to make a separate thread for her. There is a good chance she is another victim of Thomas Lawton Evans, IMO. I think there is also a small chance she is scared of being in trouble for being associated with TLE and in hiding. I really hope it's the second scenario.

This article doesn't mention Sharon by name but has details about her car and why they did a welfare check on her on Feb 11 (BBM):

Berkeley County deputies encountered suspect two days before HT kidnapping

Berkeley County deputies encountered Thomas Lawton Evans under suspicious circumstances two days before investigators said he abducted 4-year-old HT from Charleston and brutally beat her mother, a report released Wednesday showed.

The authorities had no reason to arrest him at the time, they said.

Before 8 a.m. Feb. 11, residents on Mendel Rivers Road, south of St. Stephen, reported a black Honda Civic parked on the rural roadside. Some neighbors told investigators a man had been walking through yards and asking for gas.
Deputies from the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office came across Evans along Harristown Road with a gas can in his hand. He said a church had given him the gas and some cash — a story that the deputy later confirmed, the incident report stated.
The car wasn't his, the document added. It was registered to a woman from Boiling Springs, an area of Spartanburg County in Upstate South Carolina. Evans had been living nearby after his prison release less than two weeks earlier.
The deputy asked local dispatchers to relay a request for Upstate authorities to check on the woman "to see if she knew where her vehicle was located," the report stated. Lt. Kevin Bobo of the Spartanbug County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that a deputy went to the woman's address at 8:45 a.m. that day "but we didn't locate anyone."
https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_d1991480-1713-11e8-b80e-3fe20fd8edab.html

Prior to his arrest, police say Thomas Evans was spotted with a car registered to a woman named Sharon Hayden, who lives in Boiling Springs, S.C.

ABC News 4 tracked down that woman's address and spoke to her neighbors.
Neighbors say they both had run-ins with Evans when he asked to use their phones.
One of Hayden’s neighbors, who asked not to be identified, says during the first week of February, Evans came over asking to use her husband’s phone.
This encounter would have been just a few days after Evans was released from prison, according to S.C. Dept. of Corrections Records.
According to the neighbor, “[Evans] came over and wanted to use our cell phone and stated that he was her husband and had just gotten out of jail and looking to contact his sister in Charleston that maybe he was going to go stay with her because they were arguing.”
Another neighbor Terry Hall said Evans had also made a disparaging comment about Hayden when he asked to use his phone, also to call down to Charleston a week later.
“And then he did make some kind of snarky comment about his girlfriend I just don’t recall what it was but in process of using the phone he bad mouthed her in a sense like he was mad at her,” said Hall.
http://abcnews4.com/news/local/susp...-case-has-ties-to-the-spartanburg-county-area

Both neighbors say on Valentine’s Day, law enforcement showed up at Hayden’s house looking for something or someone and then a car drove up, she says with Hayden in the car. She says she reported it to the FBI.

“They were looking for her, she all the sudden showed up again. It was Friday or Saturday night 8:30 to 9 o’clock and she just showed up in a car that wasn’t hers went to try to get into the apartment and couldn’t get in and left,” a neighbor said.
http://abcnews4.com/news/local/susp...-case-has-ties-to-the-spartanburg-county-area

Thomas Lawton Evans, 37, was apprehended on Wednesday, Feb. 14, the same day Morgan County authorities worked a burglary and theft case at a Davis Academy Road residence that led Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I) agents in both Georgia and Alabama to the vehicle stolen in Morgan County and driven by Evans.

According to an F.B.I. criminal complaint, Evans allegedly held a knife to the child’s mother early in the morning of Feb. 13 at the woman’s Johns Island, S.C. home before tying the woman up and beating her to the point that she suffered facial fractures and brain bleeding. Evans then allegedly fled the St. Johns area in a black Honda Civic registered to Sharon Nannette Hayden, 39, a South Carolina woman who allegedly picked Evans up from prison but has been missing for more than 10 days.
Morgan County Deputy Christopher Lash responded to the burglary complaint call at the Davis Academy residence at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 14. Lash and other investigators also observed that the Honda Civic was parked in a wooded area near the Davis Academy residence. “Not only was a car stolen but a car was left there,” said Keith Howard, chief deputy, Morgan County Sheriff’s Office. The residence backs up to Interstate 20, Morgan County Sheriff Robert Markley said.

Authorities ran the Honda’s registration and while it was not reported stolen it was registered to South Carolina resident Hayden, who has since been labeled a missing person.
http://www.morgancountycitizen.com/2018/02/22/authorities-aid-abduction-arrest/

I’m up the mountain in Asheville, there does not seem too be a ‘boots on the ground’ mentality going here. Another person lost in the system.... surely not, with this case connections.

Not forgotten, but I admit, I was hoping she would re-surface or be found before we had to make a separate thread for her. There is a good chance she is another victim of Thomas Lawton Evans, IMO. I think there is also a small chance she is scared of being in trouble for being associated with TLE and in hiding. I really hope it's the second scenario.

Long time too be in hiding! IMO

I’m up the mountain in Asheville, there does not seem too be a ‘boots on the ground’ mentality going here. Another person lost in the system.... surely not, with this case connections.

Part of the problem may be not knowing where to look for her. We need someone with mapping skills to map out TLE's route in Sharon's car.

I’m thinking she is not far from where they hooked up. (Sorry)

I live about 25 min from this area. I haven't heard of any searches taking place. I've been following this case and I personally believe he harmed her. Look at what he did to the little girl's Mom. He beat her soo bad that she was in the hospital for 2 weeks. Sometimes I think that socioeconomic status plays a big part on who is searched for and who isn't. The picture above is a mug shot unfortunately...

If what the witnesses say is true, that LE came looking for her then she appeared after they had left. Wouldn't that mean that she was alive and well after Evans was caught? Didn't they catch him then look for her, once they found that he had been in her car? Or am I just totally lost here?

If what the witnesses say is true, that LE came looking for her then she appeared after they had left. Wouldn't that mean that she was alive and well after Evans was caught? Didn't they catch him then look for her, once they found that he had been in her car? Or am I just totally lost here?

It's a little confusing what day she was supposedly seen by the neighbor. The reporter's words says Valentine's day like it all happened the same day TLE was arrested but then the neighbor's quotes says "Friday or Saturday". Valentines Day --Feb 14th-- was on a Wed. If that was her and she showed up the 16th or 17th that is exactly what it would mean- that she is ok. I said in the other thread I think it's possible she was found by LE and put into witness protection in order to testify against TLE on something bigger-- trafficking connections maybe? It's also possible she is laying low because she is afraid of being arrested for having connections to TLE.

Neighbors told FOX Carolina that Hayden had last been seen around Feb. 8th, and that Evans was seen in her presence at her home.

Three days later, authorities said Evans was discovered walking around with a gas can on Johns Island, even though he reportedly had a suspended license. Two days after that, the kidnapping incident involving the 4-year-old occurred.

"Where is my daughter?" asked Hayden's mother, Sharon Jowers in a phone interview Thursday night. "What did he do to her? Because with what he did to [the kidnapping victim's] mother, I don't know what he might've done to my daughter."

Jowers admits she is worried about her daughter being in Evans's presence in the first place.
"I think he never should've gotten out of prison," she said.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/37...tate-connection-to-lowcountry-kidnapping-case

Thank goodness the FBI is involved! I hope Sharon's mom keeps lighting a fire under whoever's booty to get answers. I think he did something to Sharon, stole her car and went back to his home town. Then he did what he did down there. Now he's locked back up.

I hope Sharon's okay. I don't know her history but any woman around Evans would be at huge risk. People don't always understand that once someone becomes entangled with a dangerous man like this, it isn't always possible to break away from them without them harming you first. Her mother is right, he should never have been out in the community.
If Sharon was in witness protection, which she probably needs to be, would there be any way that her very close family could be secretly informed of this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back