Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheridan Wahl’s car found about 10 miles from where body was found, incident report reveals

Unless I am mistaken, I thought one article mentioned her facetiming with Mom around 1p. This newer article states her car was found burned at 2p. Tight timeline, unless I am mistaken on days. I would guess she met someone there or was traveling with someone and perhaps the story of visiting Dad may have been a cover. My opinion.

Yeah that’s what I read too. Very tight timeline. So how does MBPD know she left town safely? She would have had to stop somewhere else if she wasn’t approached in MB. There have been so many out of town young women who have been murdered there. I used to live there but on the south side. I would definitely think twice being by myself in the touristy part of central MB around the boardwalk where she was last seen.

I live in Myrtle Beach and something about this timeline just doesn’t feel right. From the RentMe on south ocean blvd to the crash site is a 1hr 12min drive. The body was found 4 minutes up the road from the crash site at the Hannah-Salem fire station. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Sheridan had been spooked already by someone and that’s why she was trying to go home so quickly. I wouldn’t be caught in broad daylight in that area alone.

Attachments

• FCFBEFFD-84DA-4EDA-803F-64E94DE08253.png
    FCFBEFFD-84DA-4EDA-803F-64E94DE08253.png
    350.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 3E556016-C760-42E7-9E31-F32DE559CA7A.png
    3E556016-C760-42E7-9E31-F32DE559CA7A.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 24
Deputies found Wahl’s burgundy 2018 Toyota Corolla burned in a corn field at 1:56 p.m. Sunday off of Keith Lane in Scranton, S.C., a town with a population of about 900, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office report.
That was just an hour after anyone last heard from Wahl.
The car did not have a license tag and the vehicle identification number was illegible, the report states.
Wahl’s burned car was left about nine miles from where her body would be found less than 48 hours later.
Car of woman last seen in Myrtle Beach found set on fire nine miles away from her body

So she drives to MB to visit her Father but ends up at a scooter rental store...she is refused bc she is not wearing shoes(where are her shoes?), and then decides since she cant ride a scooter she is going to drive to back Tampa? So confused.

Hoping I can post this
“rollin with the punches baby #stolencar #detetive #the9 #911”
????
Perhaps her car was stolen and then an accomplice pulled up and claimed he was a detective. She could also have been a victim of unrelated back to back crimes but then why would her car end up abandoned? Does Instagram keep selfies mirrored or does it flip them back when they're posted? That makes a difference in being able to tell if someone is sitting in the driver's seat or passenger seat. Does the car she's sitting in match her car or is it an unidentified car?

I went ahead and found some stock images of the interior of 2018 Corolla hatchbacks that, in addition to the car obviously being red, make me feel like the selfie was taken in her own car. I notice that the passenger window has quite a bit of material splattered on it. Had she driven into the corn field? Was she just posting a recent selfie of herself in the car even though the car had been stolen?
Smaugchad_20210924_192757.jpg Smaugchad_20210924_192859.jpg

Perhaps someone impersonating a detective approached her claiming he needed a ride to pursue a stolen car

Last edited:
This is so sad. I glanced over her IG account and she seemed so full of life. A quick google search shows how many people loved her, and seemed to have a very large group of friends who have been quick to comment on how much they care about her and will miss her.

I would guess who ever did this to her possibly had an accomplice, as her car was found in a rural area and would need to get out of there quickly once the car was light on fire. We also don’t know if she spent any time in the car with her attacker. But, if she was kidnapped as the IG post may suggest, I think a solo attacker might have a hard time with this young athletic woman.

looking at this circumstance, I think there’s a few possible scenarios. it may have been either a carjacking, but why kill her if you just want to steal her car. It seems entirely unnecessary and a far worse crime to commit if all you want is a car. Another possibility is a sexual assault and murder. And i think lastly, someone mentally unhinged who murdered her because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is unlikely, because they stole the car and tried to make the car undetectable by burning and removing the VIN.

At this point, I don’t believe there are any leads. Whoever did this tried to remove any evidence by what they did to the car. There has to be surveillance videos and images of some interaction that will hopefully lead to a suspect.

I would guess that she took someone on the trip with her or possibly met someone down there that she may have only known online. Perhaps there was a disagreement or this person had criminal intentions.
My thoughts only. The timeline seems tight to encounter someone between the scooter store. Perhaps the times reported are not totally accurate.
I would imagine she had shoes in her vehicle that she could grab if the rental was important to her, but it may not have been parked closely since the rental store sounds like it may be in a touristy area. I would not walk barefoot on sidewalks and into stores, even at the beach.
My opinions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko