Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah that’s what I read too. Very tight timeline. So how does MBPD know she left town safely? She would have had to stop somewhere else if she wasn’t approached in MB. There have been so many out of town young women who have been murdered there. I used to live there but on the south side. I would definitely think twice being by myself in the touristy part of central MB around the boardwalk where she was last seen.

Accoring to the wmbfnews article, she was last seen alive and facetimed with her mom on Sunday 9/19 afternoon. Her purported instagram account has a last post dated Fri 9/17, with hashtags "stolencar," "detetive," (sic) "the9," and "911" (she maybe meant to type 'detective'?).

Lots of missing pieces here...details of conversation with her mom, sudden change in plans re dad, cell records, stolen car? no shoes?...not to mention her body discovered near a firestation!?!!

just my opinion and conjecture

Login • Instagram

Her Instagram (I think I’m allowed to link that, right?)

interesting hashtags on the last picture posted…
The hashtags are indeed extremely concerning, as if someone else had her phone and posted the message and photo. So sad. Myrtle Beach — have heard so many sketchy things about it since moving down this way. No interest whatsoever in going there. Hope they get some answers.

This is so sad. I glanced over her IG account and she seemed so full of life. A quick google search shows how many people loved her, and seemed to have a very large group of friends who have been quick to comment on how much they care about her and will miss her.

I would guess who ever did this to her possibly had an accomplice, as her car was found in a rural area and would need to get out of there quickly once the car was light on fire. We also don’t know if she spent any time in the car with her attacker. But, if she was kidnapped as the IG post may suggest, I think a solo attacker might have a hard time with this young athletic woman.

looking at this circumstance, I think there’s a few possible scenarios. it may have been either a carjacking, but why kill her if you just want to steal her car. It seems entirely unnecessary and a far worse crime to commit if all you want is a car. Another possibility is a sexual assault and murder. And i think lastly, someone mentally unhinged who murdered her because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is unlikely, because they stole the car and tried to make the car undetectable by burning and removing the VIN.

At this point, I don’t believe there are any leads. Whoever did this tried to remove any evidence by what they did to the car. There has to be surveillance videos and images of some interaction that will hopefully lead to a suspect.
Good post. I’m wondering if it was gang activity.

I went ahead and found some stock images of the interior of 2018 Corolla hatchbacks that, in addition to the car obviously being red, make me feel like the selfie was taken in her own car. I notice that the passenger window has quite a bit of material splattered on it. Had she driven into the corn field? Was she just posting a recent selfie of herself in the car even though the car had been stolen?
View attachment 314517 View attachment 314518

Perhaps someone impersonating a detective approached her claiming he needed a ride to pursue a stolen car

The photo looks to me like she is sitting in the passenger seat, not the driver's seat

First thought is Brittanee Drexel.

"A missing college student from Florida has been found dead behind a fire station in South Carolina

The station, just a tiny shed with three garages, would have been on her route home. ...

Her burgundy colored Toyota Corolla was found torched and abandoned in a ditch in a corn field, ten miles away from the local fire department, two days later.

Sheridan's roommate at University of South Florida, Elizabeth Echenique, wrote that a white male was seen 'driving/fleeing the scene' of where the car crashed on a Go_Fund_Me page that she created to raise funds for funeral expenses."​

48416881-10030173-image-a-44_1632677626151.jpg

Body of missing college student, 21, is found behind fire station two days after she vanished | Daily Mail Online

I've been offline for the past few days. So it doesn't look like there's been much more media/info since SW's body was found? I'm wondering if the family wants to keep things quiet as it was a personal issue. Just speculation. In any case I feel so, so sorry for Sheridan's loved ones. Devastating.

She drove from Tampa to Myrtle Beach to visit her father. Why would she be trying to rent a scooter? She was denied service at the store for not wearing shoes; she told her mother she was coming home.
A --> B does not compute.
What happened between A and B?

Her reported behaviour sounds very off. I wonder if she was under the influence of a drug or medication when she was in the Myrtle Beach area trying to rent a scooter. I think ruffies that are slipped into drinks are sedatives and result in loss of consciousness without being able to function as she was driving a car, et

Perhaps her mother knows more about why she didn't visit Dad and decided to drive home 8 hours, apparently just after arriving.

Somehow, she ended up the company of someone(s) who did her harm. But they didn't do it to steal the car.

The silence from LE and her family makes me think they have an idea of what might have happened.

Many questions remain unanswered in Sheridan Wahl case

The latest update.

My initial thoughts were a drug deal gone bad and the bad guy carjacks a car to get out of town fast. That recently happened in Lumberton NC where a man from Florence killed two women in a carjacking attempt. He is in jail, however.

I suspect, however, that she somehow knew her killer. Why was she trying to rent a scooter when she already had a car and an 8 hour drive ahead? I wonder if she was somehow unknowingly serving as a drug mule. Possibly a friend asked her to drop off a package on the trip.

She drove from Tampa to Myrtle Beach to visit her father. Why would she be trying to rent a scooter? She was denied service at the store for not wearing shoes; she told her mother she was coming home.
A --> B does not compute.
What happened between A and B?

It doesn't make sense. She drove 8-9 hours to visit her father, but did not visit him.

I'm curious whether she met someone who suggested they rent scooters for an hour or so to tour around. Because she did not have shoes, she couldn't rent the scooter.

What happened next? She decided to drive home without visiting her father. Why? Is it possible that her social media, or online dating apps, hold clues? Did she meet someone online and decide to meet-up, combining the trip with visiting her father?

It seems like something went wrong after the scooter rental problem. Hopefully there's CCTV footage near the location where she last messaged with her mother.

It doesn't make sense. She drove 8-9 hours to visit her father, but did not visit him.

I'm curious whether she met someone who suggested they rent scooters for an hour or so to tour around. Because she did not have shoes, she couldn't rent the scooter.

What happened next? She decided to drive home without visiting her father. Why? Is it possible that her social media, or online dating apps, hold clues? Did she meet someone online and decide to meet-up, combining the trip with visiting her father?

It seems like something went wrong after the scooter rental problem. Hopefully there's CCTV footage near the location where she last messaged with her mother.
Great questions. I'll add:
Did her father know she was coming? Where was he?
If she was turned down for a scooter rental if she really wanted to go, why not just retrieve the shoes from the car and return to the rental place?

I wonder if she traveled with someone or met a person from online while in the area. Could it be that they borrowed (and did not return) or actually stole her car? Maybe that is why she wanted to rent a scooter and was believing that they would eventually return it. Maybe the hashtags were posted in hopes they would bring the car back if they thought she would alert authorities.
Perhaps her shoes were in the vehicle, in this scenario. She may have been telling her mother only bits and pieces, via her phone call. If this were to be how things went, the person may have contacted her, under the guise of returning the car, and attacked her. My opinions only.
I have a feeling this won’t be hard to solve, may just be taking some time to get in order.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE
Back