Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her father posted on his Facebook page a tribute to Sheridan and asked for donations to a mental health help group.

also, a friend of mine who works at SLED in the forensic science division explained to me about the condition of bodies found and decomp. It had been raining and cooler than normal that Sunday and Monday in our area, so it’s possible decomp was slowed and that is why the firefighters did not immediately recognize that she was deceased until they got closer.

I don't think MBPD would publicly say she left their jurisdiction safely unless they were certain of it. Which would mean that nothing was sketch at the scooter place or immediately thereafter. Whatever occurred then seems to have occurred quickly and between 20 and 50 minutes after she left MB (estimating that it would take 20 minutes to leave jurisdiction going west).

JMO.
Yes, it's the word "Safely" that implies MBPD has some documentation of her in the vehicle alone.

The condition the car was found in, burned, no plate, VIN unreadable makes me think this is an experienced criminal type. And yes, burned to destroy evidence of some attack that took place at least partly in the vehicle.

Where was she parked? There has to be CCTV of Sheridan driving in the area, near or at the moped rental place. What was she doing there anyway. I thought she was going to visit dad.

Did dad know that she was visiting, or did she tell her mother that she was visiting her dad as a ruse to take a trip without giving all the information?

View attachment 315010

View attachment 315011

View attachment 315015

View attachment 315014

Perhaps a reminder that even divorced parents should touch base before, during and after a child is away from home.

I was thinking that Sheridan wanted to surprise her father, driving up to his place on a rented scooter. The mother and dad probably did not talk frequently, such as with a lot of divorced parents. But, once Sheridan went missing -- well, I'm sure the mother called the dad to find out what was going on.

So many questions and not enough to piece it all together.

I don't think MBPD would publicly say she left their jurisdiction safely unless they were certain of it. Which would mean that nothing was sketch at the scooter place or immediately thereafter. Whatever occurred then seems to have occurred quickly and between 20 and 50 minutes after she left MB (estimating that it would take 20 minutes to leave jurisdiction going west).

JMO.
Yes, it's the word "Safely" that implies MBPD has some documentation of her in the vehicle alone.

The condition the car was found in, burned, no plate, VIN unreadable makes me think this is an experienced criminal type. And yes, burned to destroy evidence of some attack that took place at least partly in the vehicle.

Admittedly I am just now trying to catch up with this case so if I say something or ask something stupid, I apologize.
My understanding is that she never did actually see her Dad on this trip? Or even talk to him?
Her Mom told her to get a hotel room and head back to Florida the next day. Was SW heading out of town and down the road a bit before getting a hotel or was she getting a hotel locally?
It would help I think for the public to know where she was last seen in case somebody saw something.

I think her mother realized that she wasn't staying overnight in a hotel and was going back to FL after she got off the facetime call. Her mother "told" her to get a hotel, but that was a suggestion which Sheridan rejected possibly. Unless it's been stated otherwise, that he mother DID think Sheridan was going to stay the night in a hotel. I haven't seen any articles that make that claim though. Her mother may have made numerous attempts to reach her, but her phone was going to voicemail (maybe). She knew that when she didn't arrive back in FL in a timely manner, and she couldn't reach her, something was wrong.

I think her father knew that she was not going to be seeing him on that trip. For whatever reason, they never met up.

That is the scooter place.

It's just weird that the mom suggested she stay at a hotel. If she was going to visit her dad, why wouldn't she stay at his place? Or was her visit just a perfunctory one where she was going to stay somewhere else and pop in to see her dad while she was there? Did he even know she was coming?

I was looking at one of her last messages where she hashtagged 911, detetive (sic), and stolencar. She also hashtagged the9. In urban dictionary that refers to a handgun, a 9mm pistol. Is she telling us she got carjacked by someone with a gun? Could that have happened the last time she filled up the gas tank? Is there any records of her either paying with a card at the pump or did she go into the store and pay and when she came back someone was in her vehicle. Why wouldn't she relate that info to her mom? Did she start the trip with someone who was not who she thought they were? If she was with someone did they get into a fight?

If she was alone, why would she try to hire a scooter while she had the car? How far from her dad's place was the scooter rental place? Where was she going to park the car? Was she planning on tooling around MB on a scooter.

How many crime scenes are known?

We have abduction site near the moped rental business, car location, body location, clothing? What about time of death. The autopsy did not identify cause of death, but what about time of death? Stomach contents et al?

We don't really know if she was abducted. It's definitely a consideration, though. She may have started the trip with unknown passenger(s) and things went south on the trip. Someone mentioned in one pic what looks like an arm leaning across the back of the passenger seat where SW is sitting. If I scrunch my eyes I can imagine that it really is an arm with a tattoo on the inside of the forearm. Could be wishful thinking, though.

I’m kinda intrigued by that last IG photo with the odd hashtags. It sounds like most people think she was in the passenger seat.
It is the expression on her face and her eyes cocked looking to her left that are interesting to me. I realize she could have been “striking a pose” but maybe she was keeping an eye on something or someone while she sent that last post...with a message perhaps.
Also, look at the reflection in her sunglasses and zoom in. Is that someone walking in front of her car? Is that what she’s watching? Hard to tell, I don’t have any kind of software to enhance that.
All of this might be nothing. It just caught my attention.

upload_2021-9-28_12-44-2.png

I’m kinda intrigued by that last IG photo with the odd hashtags. It sounds like most people think she was in the passenger seat.
It is the expression on her face and her eyes cocked looking to her left that are interesting to me. I realize she could have been “striking a pose” but maybe she was keeping an eye on something or someone while she sent that last post...with a message perhaps.
Also, look at the reflection in her sunglasses and zoom in. Is that someone walking in front of her car? Is that what she’s watching? Hard to tell, I don’t have any kind of software to enhance that.

View attachment 315094
Jeez I don't know where my brain is on this case that I didn't think to look closely at the reflection in her sunglasses. I was sad to discover that Instagram really doesn't store very high resolution images but I was still able to see what to me pretty clearly is her holding her phone against the steering wheel to take the selfie. Although the phone's screen is so bright it mostly washes out the steering wheel behind it we can definitely see the passenger dashboard stretching off to our right with a "Little Tree" air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. The lower part of the car is darker and I think the lower part of her sunglasses were less reflective but I still personally think I'm seeing the passenger side door over there and no knees or anything . To me it looks like she's alone and sitting in the driver's seat. Likewise to me the stuff around here doesn't look very suspicious. We can see like the back roof of a minivan or something through the windshield above the passenger dashboard, seems to be a parking lot. Something in front of her looks to me like a camper but it could just be some kind of building that looks similar. There is definitely a dark upright shape with a "head" but I'm not 100% confident it's a person, not that a person walking would be unusual in a parking lot, but there is absolutely zero chance of identifying it as any particular person.

Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.png
Untitled-4.png Untitled-5.png

View attachment 315094

It's indeed a strange photo (and hashtags) but since it was posted on the 17th, so two days before she went missing (am I correct?), I'm not sure what to think of it and if it's related to what happened on the 19th. JMO

Jeez I don't know where my brain is on this case that I didn't think to look closely at the reflection in her sunglasses. I was sad to discover that Instagram really doesn't store very high resolution images but I was still able to see what to me pretty clearly is her holding her phone against the steering wheel to take the selfie. Although the phone's screen is so bright it mostly washes out the steering wheel behind it we can definitely see the passenger dashboard stretching off to our right with a "Little Tree" air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. The lower part of the car is darker and I think the lower part of her sunglasses were less reflective but I still personally think I'm seeing the passenger side door over there and no knees or anything . To me it looks like she's alone and sitting in the driver's seat. Likewise to me the stuff around here doesn't look very suspicious. We can see like the back roof of a minivan or something through the windshield above the passenger dashboard, seems to be a parking lot. Something in front of her looks to me like a camper but it could just be some kind of building that looks similar. There is definitely a dark upright shape with a "head" but I'm not 100% confident it's a person, not that a person walking would be unusual in a parking lot, but there is absolutely zero chance of identifying it as any particular person.

View attachment 315128 View attachment 315129
View attachment 315130 View attachment 315131

Those are great pictures. I don’t see everything you’re talking about but your ID of the Christmas tree air freshener helps a lot.

Those are great pictures. I don’t see everything you’re talking about but your ID of the Christmas tree air freshener helps a lot.
I cropped a factory image of a corolla dash for clarification and now that I see just how little of the interior is actually being reflected I don't think we can conclusively say that there was no one in the passenger seat but I am very sure she's sitting in the driver's seat.
Smaugchad_20210928_154146.jpg

It means two suspects if a car was waiting to drive him from the scene of the torched car (drive/flee).

For whatever reason, Sheridan's roommate believes that a white male was seen fleeing and driving from the scene 56 minutes after Sheridan spoke to her mother 55 miles away.

It strikes me, at this time, as a plan by two people to abduct a woman from Myrtle beach. It requires close contact to coordinate picking up the car-jacker at the scene. No mention of picking up Sheridan where the car was torched, so presumably she was not there. Perhaps she was dropped off, incapacitated, 10 miles away at the fire station. Police are able to triangulate cell phones that were in that area between 1-2 PM on Sept 19. Other than taking time, police should be able to narrow down who was in the body location and vehicle location in that time frame.

I'd like to see corroboration for the roommates story about a white male driving while fleeing the car torch scene.

There are so many possibilities regarding how many people were involved and what exactly happened. What really stands out to me is that time and significant risk was taken to torch the car, ostensibly to destroy evidence. Yet the body was taken elsewhere, not burned and again much more time and risk to dump it at the fire station. What evidence was in the car necessitating burning it? Why not also leave the body in the car? Surely the body has some sort of evidence on it? This one is very strange.

just my opinion

Myrtle Beach police said their investigation determined Wahl “left our jurisdiction safely.” They subsequently turned the case over to the State Law Enforcement Division, who is the leading the investigation.
Many questions remain unanswered in Sheridan Wahl case

View attachment 315039Telling authorities that Wahl “didn’t go to her father’s house,” the woman’s mother said Wahl used FaceTime that afternoon to contact her from a Myrtle Beach scooter rental business, where she was denied service for not wearing shoes. The woman said she told her daughter to stay in Myrtle Beach that night, then drive back to Florida the next day.

The same day that Wahl was reported missing, authorities in Florence County were alerted to the discovery of her car, a burgundy Toyota sedan, in a cornfield in Scranton, about 55 miles from the business where she had used FaceTime with her mother. According to a report, the license plate had been removed, the VIN was not legible, and the car had been set on fire.

The State Law Enforcement Division has taken over the investigation, according to agency spokesman Tommy Crosby, who declined to give details on the case. On Wednesday, Myrtle Beach police posted on their official Facebook page that Wahl had left the department’s jurisdiction safely, without adding details, and noted they had handed the case off to SLED.
South Carolina authorities investigating death of USF student

All the extra effort to carefully obfuscate and impede the identification of the car gives me so much pause...it demonstrates the kind of knowledge and planning that maybe someone who is in law enforcement would have. Wondering if any LE had any contact, for any reason, with her prior to her death. We know her last instagram post possibly alluded to her calling 911 and reporting her stolen car to LE. For a moment, this case made me think of Sarah Everard, the British woman who was kidnapped and killed by a police officer while walking home in London.

Pure speculation and just my opinion.

I went ahead and found some stock images of the interior of 2018 Corolla hatchbacks that, in addition to the car obviously being red, make me feel like the selfie was taken in her own car. I notice that the passenger window has quite a bit of material splattered on it. Had she driven into the corn field? Was she just posting a recent selfie of herself in the car even though the car had been stolen?
View attachment 314517 View attachment 314518

Perhaps someone impersonating a detective approached her claiming he needed a ride to pursue a stolen car
My first thought on reading that comment from Instagram was that her car was stolen so she decided to go ‘Detective’ and then phoned 999
♀️

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits