Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wahl, who is believed to be from Florida, was reportedly in Myrtle Beach to visit her father but never showed up to his house.

According to a police report, Wahl reportedly was on FaceTime with her mother around 1 p.m. while trying to rent a scooter from the Rent Me Superstore in the 300 block of South Ocean Boulevard.

She was denied service for not wearing shoes, the report stated, and told her mother she was returning home.

SLED investigating reports of missing woman in Myrtle Beach

Here is info about the shop.

Here is info about the shop.

We also have the address where she had the facetime call with her mother, which is at the scooter/ moped rental location. It's linked upthread, probably on one of the police reports.

303 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, USA

I don't know much about Instagram, but did anyone else notice that one instagram account with initials JR posted on a bunch of SW's pics 1 week ago? The posts are strings of different emojis followed by "......ba" [urban dictionary states "ba" means "badass"]?? Is this just spam? Seems weird to me. This person posted on every single photo from August 7 2020 to Sept 16 2021 except for two photos: the "stolencar" pic on Sept 17 and a bikini pic on Aug 30. All of the posts from this account were made 1 week ago, apparently on the same day.

I noticed that, too. Flat-out bizarre and creepy.

I agree. I think the path already existed before the car was driven through it. I've been looking at a couple of circumstances where vehicles are driven into corn fields whether by design or accident. They rarely take a path so long because the mown down corn stalks hamper movement.

The Toyota Corolla has a ground clearance of about 6.7 inches. That is incredibly low for a TC to motor through a mature corn field as far as it did. Plus, cornfields aren't smooth, they were ploughed leaving large humps of earth in rows. I believe the clean cut of the path was created by the farmer.

What it does suggest, IMO, is that someone may have been familiar with the path. There would have to be a strange confluence of events for a vehicle, possibly stolen from a dead woman, to end up 55 miles away and end up in that particular field. Possibly the individual who drove the car didn't expect it to go on fire after trying to find a shortcut to a different location.

Wow, great theory. And excellent info on the Toyota Corolla ground clearance specs, very low. Seems like that would create a huge driving problem with those dry corn stalks getting caught up in the drive train / axles.

We also have the address where she had the facetime call with her mother, which is at the scooter/ moped rental location. It's linked upthread, probably on one of the police reports.

303 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, USA

I just wanted to add there are several parking lots in and around that area. Nearly all the hotels/motels on that section of the strip lack enough space for parking on the ocean side so you almost always have to park in one of the lots across the street if you’re staying in that vicinity. Lots of places for someone who is up to no good to hide in plain sight.

this just hit me... i think the car was taken/driven to the cornfield way before the 1 p.m. facetime call. even in september, traffic out of myrtle beach on a sunday afternoon can be horrendous! especially after motel check out times, then getting lunch, and hitting the road home.

this just hit me... i think the car was taken/driven to the cornfield way before the 1 p.m. facetime call. even in september, traffic out of myrtle beach on a sunday afternoon can be horrendous! especially after motel check out times, then getting lunch, and hitting the road home.

It's a good point.

LE said they knew she left Myrtle Beach safely, so it would be nice if we knew how they know that and also what time.

We don't really know if she was abducted. It's definitely a consideration, though. She may have started the trip with unknown passenger(s) and things went south on the trip. Someone mentioned in one pic what looks like an arm leaning across the back of the passenger seat where SW is sitting. If I scrunch my eyes I can imagine that it really is an arm with a tattoo on the inside of the forearm. Could be wishful thinking, though.
Where is this pic located, please?

Page 6 of this thread, post #119. First pic.

What I would be interested in is what is seen in the back/side window of the car. In the back on the L - is that another headrest, projected this way, or a building? Hard to say, I think it looks like a round building. Out of the side window, whatever I see looks strange - is that the cornfield, or just houses out of focus? My impression is, she is driven on some overpass because the car is way higher than the picture seen out of the side window.

What I want to say, by the shape of the structure in the back, one could determine where the picture was taken.

What I would be interested in is what is seen in the back/side window of the car. In the back on the L - is that another headrest, projected this way, or a building? Hard to say, I think it looks like a round building. Out of the side window, whatever I see looks strange - is that the cornfield, or just houses out of focus? My impression is, she is driven on some overpass because the car is way higher than the picture seen out of the side window.

What I want to say, by the shape of the structure in the back, one could determine where the picture was taken.

I was just having a proper look at that photo too. I think it's the headrests in the back, I can't really discern any buildings as such from the reflection in her sunglasses.

Interestingly, the window by the arm she's holding up seems to be covered in 'speckles' of something.....it almost looks like rain splatters, except it can't be rain, as she's wearing her sunglasses and it was sunny that day. Some sort of heavy dust?

I can make out a small building through that window, so she's on ground level.

Attachments

• Image_1633541942.jpg
    Image_1633541942.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 82
Ok so with all the shoe talk I realized that we could just call and ask.. So I did. The lady that answered the phone said scooters aren't rented by the hour but for 3 hours at 70 dollars. I asked about any shoe requirements. She said there were none. I the again asked so you dont have to wear tennis shoes and she said no. Then she said you can wear sandals or flip flops. You just want something on the bottom of your foot for when you put your foot down. Im assuming she meant for the hot concrete.

So if she had on any sandals or flip flops at all then she could have rented a scooter.
Excellent sleuthing! Thank you.

I was just having a proper look at that photo too. I think it's the headrests in the back, I can't really discern any buildings as such from the reflection in her sunglasses.

Interestingly, the window by the arm she's holding up seems to be covered in 'speckles' of something.....it almost looks like rain splatters, except it can't be rain, as she's wearing her sunglasses and it was sunny that day. Some sort of heavy dust?

To me re the window just looks like a low hedge/fence that runs along the boundary of a car park.

I see someone walking with a double buggy in the reflection of the left lens, and traffic/street in the right lens, can't work out anything useful though.

You can see where I straightened up the reflection in her sunglasses and provided a similar Corolla dashboard for reference in my post here

I agree that all the speckles on the side window are a bit odd, as if maybe she had been driving on dirt or gravel roads but the picture seems to me to be taken in a parking lot, we can see other cars parked around. I see something right in front of her that looks to be like the front edge of a camper but it could just be a convenience store or something that's being given a peculiar tilt from the angle of her glasses.

Unfortunately I don't really see anything unusual about the photo itself that might explain the hashtags or suggest what might have happened to her. At this point I'm waiting for toxicology.

Looks like the overhang at a gas station and/or truck stop.

JMO.

Still struggling to make sense of the timeline, sequence of events, and lack of new info. Was thinking about this possibility...whoever torched the car also hoped that it would lead to the discovery of her body at the fire station...in other words, that this would be the responding fire station and fire fighters would almost immediately discover her body.

You can see where I straightened up the reflection in her sunglasses and provided a similar Corolla dashboard for reference in my post here

I agree that all the speckles on the side window are a bit odd, as if maybe she had been driving on dirt or gravel roads but the picture seems to me to be taken in a parking lot, we can see other cars parked around. I see something right in front of her that looks to be like the front edge of a camper but it could just be a convenience store or something that's being given a peculiar tilt from the angle of her glasses.

Unfortunately I don't really see anything unusual about the photo itself that might explain the hashtags or suggest what might have happened to her. At this point I'm waiting for toxicology.

“Positive” tox could tell the immediate cause of death (e.g., respiratory arrest), but not explain what had happened prior to it.

“Negative” toxicology may not necessarily tell anything good, either. What if she should have been on some medication, and stopped taking it? By “medication” I do not imply only psychiatric ones. Anticonvulsants, anticoagulants, what not. And the irony is, the pathologists may not know what to even look for, unless her parents know her full medical history, but they might not, as she is an adult. I foresee a long investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie
Back