Identified! SC - Skeletal & Shoes, Murrells Inlet bike path, *Graphic Photos* Nov'18 -David Scott Woolslayer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Screenshot for comparison:
upload_2018-11-15_14-17-33.png
Possible human remains found off Murrells Inlet bike path
18987601_WT_ME130.JPG

$69.00 Puma Cell Surin 2 FM 18987601 Men Size 13

I'm more certain now that this is the shoe we are seeing. It was bothering me that we couldn't see the Puma logo on the black above swoosh but all the promo photos show the outer side with the logo (the sides you see when walking). I just found a photo showing the other side of the shoes:
18987601_WT_ME130.JPG

$69.00 Puma Cell Surin 2 FM 18987601 Men Size 13
That was bugging me, I feel much better now! Good Sleuthing!
ETA: these were first sold in March of 2013.

The bike way is right by a golf course.

The photo posted is an area of Pawleys Island called Litchfield (I live here), those golf communities are on the South side of Hwy 17, the bike path is on the northbound side past Huntington Beach State Park. The bike path begins in North Pawleys and extends to Garden City, about 20 miles in length. The remains were found at the point where 17 N splits, Business 17 N veers left at Murrells Inlet. Murrells is north of Pawleys. I marked the location with a red X in the attached jpeg, the path is about 12' deep into the wooded area.
Google Maps

Attachments

• Bus 17 N Murrells.JPG
    Bus 17 N Murrells.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 24
The photo posted is an area of Pawleys Island called Litchfield (I live here), those golf communities are on the South side of Hwy 17, the bike path is on the northbound side past Huntington Beach State Park. The bike path begins in North Pawleys and extends to Garden City, about 20 miles in length. The remains were found at the point where 17 N splits, Business 17 N veers left at Murrells Inlet. Murrells is north of Pawleys. I marked the location with a red X in the attached jpeg, the path is about 12' deep into the wooded area.
Google Maps
thank you so much for that..kinda gives a better idea of what area they are looking at.

Google Maps

Thank you Sammie. Wow, that makes me think even more now that this could be Micheal McKnight. Could he have been on the bike path near Garden City when something happened?

:(

Thank you Sammie. Wow, that makes me think even more now that this could be Micheal McKnight. Could he have been on the bike path near Garden City when something happened?

:(
I went through NamUs last night and searched That county and the surrounding ones but I didn't find anything that stood out that would be in the time frame I felt the shoes would allow in the elements. Sadly not everyone gets listed in NamUs either though.

They definitely match! Great job Gardener!

What is that other blue/green "stuff" lying next to the shoe on the left and kind of half in the shoe on the right? Socks?

Thanks but @TCIntriguedIN30 gets credit for finding the shoe brand first. I just looked for more pictures of it.

I think there are socks, maybe some other clothing in the picture? IDK.

I just realized the shoes are not on the feet right?

Are they sure they belong to the deceased person? Could someone just have tossed them, not realizing there's a body lying there?
I guess thats an option but they sock in the shoe on the right looks kinda strange like it is still inside the shot as if there is a leg and foot attached

I just realized the shoes are not on the feet right?

Are they sure they belong to the deceased person? Could someone just have tossed them, not realizing there's a body lying there?

It's possible they are unrelated... or animal activity. :(

ETA: remains are skeletal so we would not see "feet" as we are expecting.

I guess thats an option but they sock in the shoe on the right looks kinda strange like it is still inside the shot as if there is a leg and foot attached

Yea that's possible. I guess we will get a more detailed description of the remains and clothing once the medical examiner has done his/her job?

I'm amazed a body can lie so close to a populated area for such a long time. Maybe it was concealed at first. You can see plant activity is already returning. Soon the remains might have been covered (again).

Yea that's possible. I guess we will get a more detailed description of the remains and clothing once the medical examiner has done his/her job?

I'm amazed a body can lie so close to a populated area for such a long time. Maybe it was concealed at first. You can see plant activity is already returning. Soon the remains might have been covered (again).
They have been hit hard in that area twice I believe this year with flooding and I believe once last year. I have a friend that lives on the marsh and I remember him posting about the flooding with the hurricanes that have been through there the last 2 years. That being said I do think it could have been concealed. Thanks for jogging my mind Im going to go looking at dates that area flooded in the last 2 years.

Confirmed: Skull among human remains found on Murrells Inlet bike path

Confirmed: Skull among human remains found on Murrells Inlet bike path.

MURRELLS INLET, SC (WMBF) - An investigation is underway after human remains were found along the Murrells Inlet bike path, according to Georgetown Coroner Kenny Johnson.

The Georgetown Coroner’s office confirmed on Thursday that the remains, in fact, were human and that a skull was found.

Johnson was at the Waccamaw Neck Bikeway where a man said he came across the remains Wednesday afternoon.

Jason Lesley with Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office said that a call came in around 4 p.m. from the Triangle Park area.

“They are in the woods there off the bike path,” Lesley said. “How long they’ve been there, there’s a lot of factors that come into play. If anyone has information of a person that’s been missing for a period of time we’d ask they call the sheriffs office.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder
Back