SC SC - Tammy Kingery, 37, North Augusta, 20 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! So many red-flags and strange things!
By the way, anti-freeze now-a-days has an additive to make it undrinkable. I googled to find info and found this article from 2012 -
http://www.dogheirs.com/dogheirs/po...rs-now-have-bitter-taste-to-help-protect-dogs
Now interesting and to my surprise! it mentions it was done to protect dogs, and here we have the dead dog found in the shack ...
Begs the question of perhaps (as mentioned earlier) testing was done, and more so if one had purchased before 2012, had it around, and wanted to see if drinkable.

Hope no one comes knocking on your door & requests your search history lol...but good info nonetheless!

Does anyone know what percentage of wives that either disappear or are murdered are later found to be the victims of their husband, boyfriend, or ex? Granted there are so many cold cases that no one knows who did it but of those solved I wondered how high the percentage is?

Does anyone know what percentage of wives that either disappear or are murdered are later found to be the victims of their husband, boyfriend, or ex? Granted there are so many cold cases that no one knows who did it but of those solved I wondered how high the percentage is?

I think it's about 1/3

Good question - forgive me, but time to take out the blog I did awhile back about red flags when a wife goes missing:

Divorce in process with looming custody battle.

Husband known to be very controlling/jealous overly checking on spouse's activities.

Husband has other love interest(s).

Estranged wife returns to house where husband lives who says reconciliation was process.

Husband only person who can confirm actual time wife went missing.

Husband only person who can say what that took place prior to victim leaving.

Distancing - saying wife left, but doesn't who where she went off to, or vague about what wife was doing at time of going missing, and/or did not have direct contact.

Husband says marriage is good, while others disagree.

Mentioning wife suffers from depression, or attempted suicide; yet no outside verification.

Husband has recent bruises/ injuries indicative of a fight, or moving/hiding of body.

Family/others normally around are conveniently away when victim goes missing.

Victim goes missing while doing something out of character or their normal routine - worse if late at night.

Computers, social media devices missing or damage.

Changing account of things as new evidence come in..

No surveillance to confirm places/times victim should be based upon missing person report.

Husband NOT volunteering to take a lie detector test.

Husband NOT offering LE entry to look through home. Doesn't follow up on LE's progress.

Increase in life insurance and/or checking of policy prior - worse if financial problems.

Moving to a different state, or traveling after spouse goes missing.

Discarding clothing, etc, of missing spouse.

Painting, new rugs, lots of cleaning in home/car after person goes missing.

Good question - forgive me, but time to take out the blog I did awhile back about red flags when a wife goes missing:

Husband known to be very controlling/jealous overly checking on spouse's activities.

Estranged wife returns to house where husband lives who says reconciliation was process.

Distancing - saying wife left, but doesn't who where she went off to, or vague about what wife was doing at time of going missing, and/or did not have direct contact.

Mentioning wife suffers from depression, or attempted suicide; yet no outside verification.

Husband has recent bruises/ injuries indicative of a fight, or moving/hiding of body.

Victim goes missing while doing something out of character or their normal routine - worse if late at night.

No surveillance to confirm places/times victim should be based upon missing person report.

Husband NOT offering LE entry to look through home. Doesn't follow up on LE's progress.

Increase in life insurance and/or checking of policy prior - worse if financial problems.

Okay, so we have:
*Divorce seems likely since PK was going to start sleeping in the basement as a kind of trial separation.
*Husband says marriage is good, despite what other people say. So many "love yous." Her sister explicitly said that she was never under the impression that they had a good marriage.
*PK did take a lie detector test, but didn't exactly pass it, which I find to be VERY odd.
*No surveillance from the places and times she supposedly would have been. I know the daughter saw what she thought was her mother on a motorcycle, all she had to go on was the hair because the woman she saw had a helmet on.
*Victim goes missing during the course of activities that are out of character.
*Mentioning that wife is depressed or has attempted suicide.
*Husband is the only person who can describe what was happening right before disappearance.
*Husband is the only one who can definitively say what time his wife went missing. I know the kids agree with what he's saying, but as I've said before, kids memories are very malleable (I've taught for a long time, so this is something I've seen first-hand many times.
*Computers and social media devices are not missing, but he did take her phone when he went searching for her, which I believe was a way to thwart the search by documenting Tammy being in places where she never was.
*Distancing by telling people the neighbor heard a motorcycle, she had depression, she had suicidal ideation,, she left a note saying she was going walking, the kids saw everything he's describing, so it's one-for-all, and all-for-one. It feels like he is using the kids to help build an alibi.
* Most of the family was gone during the time the wife went missing. Their daughter was at a friend's house, the older son was mowing his gma's lawn, so PK only had a very young child with him, who probably wouldn't know what was going on around him.

So...a lot of the items on the list apply in this case.

This could mean absolutely nothing, but he sends his son into the woods to look for Tammy, than calls his MIL to let her know she needs to come right over, and when she gets there, she can hear PK yelling for Tammy. Once again, this could mean nothing, but it could also mean that he needed to show an adult his concern and that he is searching.

MOO

ETA-I think PK was okay with LE searching the house, but I believe he was okay with it because it wasn't the scene of the crime. I still find it crazy that the scent dogs never picked up on her scent, even though the house and surrounding area should have been saturated with her scent. She lived there!

Okay, so we have:
*Divorce seems likely since PK was going to start sleeping in the basement as a kind of trial separation.
*Husband says marriage is good, despite what other people say. So many "love yous." Her sister explicitly said that she was never under the impression that they had a good marriage.
*PK did take a lie detector test, but didn't exactly pass it, which I find to be VERY odd.
*No surveillance from the places and times she supposedly would have been. I know the daughter saw what she thought was her mother on a motorcycle, all she had to go on was the hair because the woman she saw had a helmet on.
*Husband is the only person who can describe what was happening right before disappearance.
*Husband is the only one who can definitively say what time his wife went missing. I know the kids agree with what he's saying, but as I've said before, kids memories are very malleable (I've taught for a long time, so this is something I've seen first-hand many times.
*Computers and social media devices are not missing, but he did take her phone when he went searching for her, which I believe was a way to thwart the search by documenting Tammy being in places where she never was.
*Distancing by telling people the neighbor heard a motorcycle, she had depression, she had suicidal ideation,, she left a note saying she was going walking, the kids saw everything he's describing, so it's one-for-all, and all-for-one. It feels like he is using the kids to help build an alibi.
* Most of the family was gone during the time the wife went missing. Their daughter was at a friend's house, the older son was mowing his gma's lawn, so PK only had a very young child with him, who probably wouldn't know what was going on around him.

This could mean absolutely nothing, but he sends his son into the woods to look for Tammy, than calls his MIL to let her know she needs to come right over, and when she gets there, she can hear PK yelling for Tammy. Once again, this could mean nothing, but it could also mean that he needed to show an adult his concern and that he is searching.

MOO

ETA-I think PK was okay with LE searching the house, but I believe he was okay with it because it wasn't the scene of the crime. I still find it crazy that the scent dogs never picked up on her scent, even though the house and surrounding area should have been saturated with her scent. She lived there!

You both have come up with some very good points!! And sending his little boy into the woods by himself to look. How old was this little guy at the time? Not only sending him to possibly find his mother dead out there, but what about considering that she was kidnapped and forced to write the note and that there was a dangerous person/s out there? (Not that I think she was kidnapped but if one family member has disappeared I wouldn't want the rest of the family alone at any time or out of my sight!

You both have come up with some very good points!! And sending his little boy into the woods by himself to look. How old was this little guy at the time? Not only sending him to possibly find his mother dead out there, but what about considering that she was kidnapped and forced to write the note and that there was a dangerous person/s out there? (Not that I think she was kidnapped but if one family member has disappeared I wouldn't want the rest of the family alone at any time or out of my sight!

The son was 13 years old. But he's a Boy Scout, so he's totally trained and prepared to search for his mom in the woods. *HEAVY SARCASM*

And definitely wherever we are, if one person gets lost we don't split up to look for them. I've seen waaaay too much Scooby Doo for that.

The son was 13 years old. But he's a Boy Scout, so he's totally trained and prepared to search for his mom in the woods. *HEAVY SARCASM*

And definitely wherever we are, if one person gets lost we don't split up to look for them. I've seen waaaay too much Scooby Doo for that.

I double your Ruh-roh!!!!

Okay, so we have:

MOO

Divorce likely? That's assuming a lot. I know many couples that have rough patches and go on to remain married. The depression can affect marriage as well and it isn't like her depression was made up. HER immediate family admitted that she was depressed and she had medical history of being treated for it.

What do you mean by record of places and times she would have been where she was. She WAS at work and that was verified by co-workers. She also was picked up by PK and that was verified by them as well. PK's story is the kids saw her at home. IF this was thought to not be true by LE, I feel like that would have been mentioned on the episode. We have no proof that the kids could not verify PK's story.

Perhaps he took her phone with in case someone tried to call it. I don't find this that suspicious. Remember, everywhere that PK says that he was after he left home he has receipts to verify AND there's video evidence , I believe.

Did he mention that the neighbors heard a motorcycle or did the neighbors tell the LE and he is repeating it?

The note was tested and found to be in her handwriting. If she wasn't likely to write notes, why would they have this supposedly old note around to pull out for this occasion? That is totally bizarre and unlikely, I think. I'm not sure how all of you that are suspicious of PK think that him doing anything to Tammy would benefit him, but there was no payoff. He had to file bankruptcy. All of his family live about 12 hours away. He's alone, trying to raise 3 kids. He's lost his high school sweetheart/wife. He doesn't appear to be living it up, content, happy, and moving on.

It's easy to point fingers and have theories (I realize that's what a good part of being on this board means) when you're just a person behind a screen name. I don't think PK had anything to do with Tammy's disappearance.

Divorce likely? That's assuming a lot. I know many couples that have rough patches and go on to remain married. The depression can affect marriage as well and it isn't like her depression was made up. HER immediate family admitted that she was depressed and she had medical history of being treated for it.

What do you mean by record of places and times she would have been where she was. She WAS at work and that was verified by co-workers. She also was picked up by PK and that was verified by them as well. PK's story is the kids saw her at home. IF this was thought to not be true by LE, I feel like that would have been mentioned on the episode. We have no proof that the kids could not verify PK's story.

Perhaps he took her phone with in case someone tried to call it. I don't find this that suspicious. Remember, everywhere that PK says that he was after he left home he has receipts to verify AND there's video evidence , I believe.

Did he mention that the neighbors heard a motorcycle or did the neighbors tell the LE and he is repeating it?

The note was tested and found to be in her handwriting. If she wasn't likely to write notes, why would they have this supposedly old note around to pull out for this occasion? That is totally bizarre and unlikely, I think. I'm not sure how all of you that are suspicious of PK think that him doing anything to Tammy would benefit him, but there was no payoff. He had to file bankruptcy. All of his family live about 12 hours away. He's alone, trying to raise 3 kids. He's lost his high school sweetheart/wife. He doesn't appear to be living it up, content, happy, and moving on.

It's easy to point fingers and have theories (I realize that's what a good part of being on this board means) when you're just a person behind a screen name. I don't think PK had anything to do with Tammy's disappearance.

I hope you are 100% correct! I would absolutely love to find out she's alive and just living a different life. Not only has PK been left to raise three children on his own, but those kids are also without their mother, and don't know if they will or will not ever see her again.

I am well aware that PK didn't have a financial motive to kill Tammy. However, crimes are committed having to do with several different motives, and money isn't always one of them. He doesn't have to capitalize on her disappearance if it was something like an argument that got out of hand, about things related to infidelity or whatever.

There are just some things that would take a lot of rebuttals for me to say "he 100% didn't do it."
*He didn't ace the polygraph.
*He didn't say the kids saw Tammy that morning. What he said was, the kids were in the living room and Tammy went straight upstairs to the bedroom.
*He didn't say that he took Tammy's phone in case someone called it. He said he took the phone because it had better coverage than his.
*Believe me when I say "I KNOW couples have rough patches." The fact that he was going to start sleeping in the basement as a "trial" tells me there were deep issues the couple needed to work through.
*PK was everywhere he claimed to be, but was that everywhere he went on that morning? We don't know.
*The motorcycle part I need to think about. It's definitely a loose end.

The thing is that when these cases are discussed, we can only throw out ideas based on the information we have. Since Tammy hasn't been found, dead or alive, all we can do is make suppositions because we don't know. We can't prove anything one way or another. It's not intended to offend anybody, it's just bouncing ideas around.

MOO

ETA-I'm not just a person behind a screen name. Several people here know exactly who I am, or know things about my life. We aren't even supposed to know who's who, so I guess we're all hiding behind a screen name?

I hope you are 100% correct! I would absolutely love to find out she's alive and just living a different life. Not only has PK been left to raise three children on his own, but those kids are also without their mother, and don't know if they will or will not ever see her again.

I am well aware that PK didn't have a financial motive to kill Tammy. However, crimes are committed having to do with several different motives, and money isn't always one of them. He doesn't have to capitalize on her disappearance if it was something like an argument that got out of hand, about things related to infidelity or whatever.

There are just some things that would take a lot of rebuttals for me to say "he 100% didn't do it."
*He didn't ace the polygraph.
*He didn't say the kids saw Tammy that morning. What he said was, the kids were in the living room and Tammy went straight upstairs to the bedroom.
*He didn't say that he took Tammy's phone in case someone called it. He said he took the phone because it had better coverage than his.
*Believe me when I say "I KNOW couples have rough patches." The fact that he was going to start sleeping in the basement as a "trial" tells me there were deep issues the couple needed to work through.
*PK was everywhere he claimed to be, but was that everywhere he went on that morning? We don't know.
*The motorcycle part I need to think about. It's definitely a loose end.

The thing is that when these cases are discussed, we can only throw out ideas based on the information we have. Since Tammy hasn't been found, dead or alive, all we can do is make suppositions because we don't know. We can't prove anything one way or another. It's not intended to offend anybody, it's just bouncing ideas around.

MOO

ETA-I'm not just a person behind a screen name. Several people here know exactly who I am, or know things about my life. We aren't even supposed to know who's who, so I guess we're all hiding behind a screen name?
I don't know your story, but I appreciate your opinion. I'm not hiding; I'm pretty transparent, too.
I love your thoughts!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Respectfully snipped from above by Mari2013

I see my red-flag list is missing something I thought I had in it but don't .... it's something from the Karen Swift case where a she comes home, husband sees or hears her, yet there no conversation takes place, instead she goes straight upstairs ....

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/cold-case-spotlight-karen-johnson-swift-n279446

The "going straight upstairs" - could that be a metaphor for "she went straight to heaven"? Okay, am I reading too much into things? Without any real proof, coincidences are often and easily just that - I feel for someone who's spouse goes missing, as I know all too well.

Respectfully snipped from above by Mari2013

I see my red-flag list is missing something I thought I had in it but don't .... it's something from the Karen Swift case where a she comes home, husband sees or hears her, yet there no conversation takes place, instead she goes straight upstairs ....

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/cold-case-spotlight-karen-johnson-swift-n279446

The "going straight upstairs" - could that be a metaphor for "she went straight to heaven"? Okay, am I reading too much into things? Without any real proof, coincidences are often and easily just that - I feel for someone who's spouse goes missing, as I know all too well.

It seems like we read and hear all the time that when a person is lying, bits of the truth will still seep out. Good point!

To me, this is the million dollar question. I've wondered if he saw "someone" in the bed, but it was actually blankets and such, and that's why he hustled the boys out of the house. What makes this almost believable to me is that he made it a point to say:
1. The boys were in the living room and she went straight up to the bedroom to change into pajamas. This implies to me that they didn't interact with her at all when she came home.
2. The sun was streaming through the windows and she was laying on her side. He popped in the tell her he was taking the boys on some errands. He kissed her on the forehead and said "love you," and she just smiled and said "love you too." I've said this before, that he seems in this one sentence to make the point that the sun was shining through the window, and she was laying on her side, which seem like odd things to bring up in an interview.
3. He dropped the older son off to mow his MIL lawn. At that point, he just had the four-year-old in the car. Kids at that age don't always know what's going on, and their memories are very malleable. Think about all the kids who claimed their daycares were using them in satanic rituals back in the 1980's. This was shown to be absolutely false, but the kids had these crazy detailed memories of the abuse.

What side is their room? Would have to be at east or SE. Also what was the weather then? Would she need a jacket, sweatshirt? He is so detailed. I wonder about that.

(I just started reading this case. Please excuse if this has been brought up before)

Okay, so we have:

MOO

Does anyone know how could you "erase" the scent of a person? Just wondering if overusing air fresheners could do it.

I'm curious why he sent the son to look for mom? Mom went out for a walk. Why didn't he wait for her to come back.

If a person dies, does their scent die with them? Would cutting the grass affect the scent? I'm trying to make sense that her scent was not found outside. If she rode in a motorcycle wouldn't her scent follow the path of the motorcycle? At least at the start?
Didn't see the disappear episode.

There's many things to ponder in this case.

I'm curious why he sent the son to look for mom? Mom went out for a walk. Why didn't he wait for her to come back.

If a person dies, does their scent die with them? Would cutting the grass affect the scent? I'm trying to make sense that her scent was not found outside. If she rode in a motorcycle wouldn't her scent follow the path of the motorcycle? At least at the start?
Didn't see the disappear episode.

There's many things to ponder in this case.

I completely agree! Your scent doesn't die with you. I remember on an interview at some point, John McCain said US would throw the Vietcong off their trail by leaving coffee grounds. He also said most scent trails are related to bodily functions, so they would not eat for a couple of days prior to going out on a mission to make themselves less "smellable."
Of course I could be confused, but I really think that's what he said.

I don't know why he didn't wait for her to return either. I know she was sick etc, but she's still an adult woman who has the right to go for a walk, even if it makes no sense to anybody else.

The other thing that always leaves me perplexed is that he called the daughter at her friend's house and told her "mommy's gone and she's on foot." Sounds a bit like how people describe prisoners or suspects.

MOO

What side is their room? Would have to be at east or SE. Also what was the weather then? Would she need a jacket, sweatshirt? He is so detailed. I wonder about that.

(I just started reading this case. Please excuse if this has been brought up before)

Good good points. He did make sure to describe the sun streaming through the window, so you're right, it would have to be easterly.
And we do need to know the weather for clothing choices.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back