SC SC - Tammy Kingery, 37, North Augusta, 20 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of good info and background in your post above, thanks! FormerBulldog - repectfully snipped from it:
I don't know if I've ever shared on here what I truly believe and I don't know that anyone really cares. I believe Tammy waited for an opportunity to harm herself, and it happened that morning. There's a specific kind of depression I've seen in my group of friends between 35-40. We thought we'd be more settled by now. Our relationships aren't what we'd hoped, we struggle financially, we are as insecure as we were in high school. I know there have been a lot of searches, but at least where I live, corpses can hide really well, and that's when nature doesn't intervene.

I agree to what I snipped, and spot-on about what I placed in bold - feel what you said is sadly most likely scenario.

I leave handwritten notes when I take my monsters for a walk and I think my husband or son might come home while I'm gone.
I think the reason is because I've spent a long time on this forum though!

I think it is an odd (and convenient) for him to say he has been afraid of lie detector tests as a child.
I wondered the same thing but realize that was Tammy's mom's recollection. She seems to not trust him completely. That may color her memory of what he said before the test.

Has anyone ever asked TK's employer if there was a discrepancy in the med counts in the time before she disappeared?

I don't know if I've ever shared on here what I truly believe and I don't know that anyone really cares. I believe Tammy waited for an opportunity to harm herself, and it happened that morning. There's a specific kind of depression I've seen in my group of friends between 35-40. We thought we'd be more settled by now. Our relationships aren't what we'd hoped, we struggle financially, we are as insecure as we were in high school.
I thought the same thing. The Disappeared show said she was the centerpiece of the family yet she worked FT at a job they needed to pay the bills. When her paychecks stopped when she disappeared, her husband had to declare BK. On top of that, she was having serious marital problems. Her kids needed her attention, but she had to keep her nursing home job to give them the stability of staying in that house, which was a dream house turned into a nighmare house. At one point she and her husband were living in separate parts of the home. I wonder if it felt like she was working so hard to keep things together for the kids and not getting great results or thanks for it. If she told them she were running off with someone, people would have urged her to come back for her kids, back to the situation of working her tail off to keep the family in that house, a situation that wasn't making anyone happy. It would be better if she just disappeared, she thought in this scenario. So she either left and committed suicide or went off with a boyfriend and lived with him off the grid.

What I find interesting is if she committed suicide why leave a note saying she was going for a walk? I don't have kids, but I can't imagine a mother allowing her children to wonder. I think a mother would leave a note telling them she was in a lot of pain, she loved them, but she had to kill herself.

What I find interesting is if she committed suicide why leave a note saying she was going for a walk? I don't have kids, but I can't imagine a mother allowing her children to wonder. I think a mother would leave a note telling them she was in a lot of pain, she loved them, but she had to kill herself.

The note ..... I see it as a way to buy time, and to allow a last minute change of heart, if she wasn't 100% certain about what she was going to do.

If she took off to start a new life, does anyone know where she might go? Any places she mentioned loving or wanting to visit? Where was the man she had the affair with?

I was wondering if the pajamas Tammy was wearing were left at her house and what clothes were missing from her room, the ones she may have worn when she left?

If she took off to start a new life, does anyone know where she might go? Any places she mentioned loving or wanting to visit? Where was the man she had the affair with?
Good questions! What are the odds of running off versus suicide? From what I seen here, running off is far more rare, sadly. But always a possibility she met someone and kept it under the radar. Would be easily if she didn't have children - cannot imagine not wanting to see/contact them..

I was wondering if the pajamas Tammy was wearing were left at her house and what clothes were missing from her room, the ones she may have worn when she left?

Yes, I was wonder same thing about what was taken with her, what was left behind....though would there be much difference depending upon the scenario of suicide versus running away?

I thought he died?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've been following this case, and here are just a couple of things I can't get out of my head...
*1- I find it to be either very poor parenting, or maybe just a lapse of judgment to send your kids places to look for their mother, who you believe killed herself. Who knows what they could have seen?

*2- it seems to me that in every. Single. Interview. He is making it a point to say "we" did this or that, and rarely says this is what "I" did. "They went to run errands." "They started looking for her" etc. Like he wants to spread the guilt or knowledge around to both him and the children.

*3.- PK has said in interviews that "the sun was streaming through the window, and she was laying on her side, so i leaned down and kissed her etc." TMI makes me nervous. It makes me wonder how invested he is in making sure we all know the sun was streaming through the window to establish his timeline.

*4.- He told the kids that their mom was sick and to let her rest. Then he runs errands, and when they return, they all go to the master bedroom, and she's gone. This sounds like a tiny detail, but one that I can't get past. If my husband tells the kids to leave me alone because I don't feel well, and he and the kids came traipsing into my bedroom within a couple of hours, I'd most likely be miffed because I don't feel well and I don't want to be woken up. In other words, he could come in and check on me alone so that if I was sleeping I wouldn't be disturbed.
MOO

I got the idea there were at least two affairs, if you account verbal "affairs".

I've been following this case, and here are just a couple of things I can't get out of my head...
I find it to be either very poor parenting, or maybe just a lapse of judgment to send your kids places to look for their mother, who you believe killed herself. Who knows what they could have seen?
I wrote a longish post on this point recently. In short, speaking in stereotypes that don't always hold true, this is very male parenting. I would have done the exact same thing.

When PJ sent Carter out to look for Tammy, suicide was not anywhere in any of our minds yet. It was like did she twist an ankle, is she just outside somewhere. Nobody was looking for a dead body.

Although I am no expert.....I believe that those physical symptoms she was having was possibly due to her plan to run away. All of the symptoms could be anxiety and guilt about the past and her future plans. I know I have felt very guilty about things I have done (many, many years ago) and stayed in bed after work everyday for weeks on end. Did anyone check to see is she really had a doctor's appointment as was stated on the TV show? Although she seemed to be a very dedicated parent, I think she may have run away with someone. Now they may have harmed her in the meantime. Although there are many possibilities, she may have "set it up" with the "i'm going for a walk" scenario to make it eventually look like she was abducted. Also, no matter what her husband said on TV or elsewhere, every word will be "examined by a microscope" so he is in a "no win" situation. The lie detector problems may have been due to a question such as "Are you responsible for her disappearance?" and any husband would feel some sort of responsibility due to being gone from the house etc. If she chose to leave, this is better than suicide, though neither are positive for her children, to put it mildly. Another possibility is a situation such as those described on YouTube in the Missing 411 books..... many videos on YouTube with this title for anyone interested.

*1- I find it to be either very poor parenting, or maybe just a lapse of judgment to send your kids places to look for their mother, who you believe killed herself. Who knows what they could have seen?

*2- it seems to me that in every. Single. Interview. He is making it a point to say "we" did this or that, and rarely says this is what "I" did. "They went to run errands." "They started looking for her" etc. Like he wants to spread the guilt or knowledge around to both him and the children.

*3.- PK has said in interviews that "the sun was streaming through the window, and she was laying on her side, so i leaned down and kissed her etc." TMI makes me nervous. It makes me wonder how invested he is in making sure we all know the sun was streaming through the window to establish his timeline.

*4.- He told the kids that their mom was sick and to let her rest. Then he runs errands, and when they return, they all go to the master bedroom, and she's gone. This sounds like a tiny detail, but one that I can't get past. If my husband tells the kids to leave me alone because I don't feel well, and he and the kids came traipsing into my bedroom within a couple of hours, I'd most likely be miffed because I don't feel well and I don't want to be woken up. In other words, he could come in and check on me alone so that if I was sleeping I wouldn't be disturbed.
MOO

Good analysis! I don't get why the kids were involved. One question I would add - did any of the kids actually see her face before they left - was she on her side facing away from them? Did she say anything, move about....

Maybe you're right that this is a female vs male type of action. I know that I am way more paranoid than my husband. Not only would I not send my child in the woods to look for his missing parent, I wouldn't let my kids go into the woods alone, I don't care if he WAS a Boy Scout, he was 13 and a Boy Scout doesn't make someone a tracker.

FORMERBULLDOG: maybe nobody was thinking "suicide" right away, but PK said many times in interviews that as soon as he saw she was gone, he knew something was "terribly wrong," so he had an inkling that this wasn't a "walk" she went on, so once again, why involve the children? I think because he has some knowledge about what may have happened and wanted it to look like a family affair right from the start.

Did anyone else pick up on the number of "love yous" that PK claims happened? He kissed her and told her he loved her and went to run errands. She wrote "love you" on the note. Lol if that had been me, I would have more likely said "get the **** outta here, I feel like ****!" It just seems like he's trying to prove how great everyone was, even in the wake of an affair. My ex cheated all the time, and there was NO word of affection for a long time.

My biggest question right now is what happened to the part of the story where searchers found that shack with dog remains in a bag inside??? That's creepy. When we have an animal die, it is buried in our own yard. I wouldn't think "hey! Let's put em in a hefty bag, walk through the woods with the bag, and then leave it in a shack!" Too weird. Was the shack on the Kingery's land? Has anyone tried to find out whose dog had died to figure out who put it there? Was the shack processed by LE? WTH? It's just strange, although it may mean nothing.

Hey Oldsteve! I haven't seen you since Anne Hill. Hope you're doing well!

Whether or not the kids actually SAW Tammy is a huge question for me, as well. Kids have malleable memories, so a situation can be explained and the kids will take that in and see it as part of the narrative. "I didn't SEE or HEAR mom, but I could tell the was in the bed under a pile of blankets. I know this to be true because dad said so." It becomes an inference, which makes it become part of the story narrative. If nobody actually laid eyes on her when she got home that morning, and the SAR teams and dogs pick up no scent trails, I start to wonder if she ever made it home that morning. I'm a cynic, I know!

:seeya: Mari2003 Thanks for asking.... Glad to still be here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back