SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he saw Slager and knew his reputation and decided to run before the inevitable taser came out?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. This wasn't Slager's first rodeo.

Please do not take this the wrong way, anyone, but I thank God every single day that I am a white woman. Not because I think I am better than anyone. But because I have rights that are actually respected and I have never lived in fear of LE (other than the fear of getting pulled over alone at night by some pretend cop, which never happened to me, shew).

I honestly do not know how minorities deal with this. It must be crippling to always live afraid, even when innocent.

but yet...'Slager, who said he felt threatened because Scott had taken the device, fired eight .45-caliber bullets from his Glock 21. Five of them plunged into Scott’s body. In Slager’s radio communications that local and state agencies released Wednesday after the newspaper pointed out that they were public record, the officer said that Scott had been shot in the chest and the buttocks'. http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150408/PC16/150409421/1177 moo
hmmm. notice no mention of the back? that we so clearly saw him aiming for in the video? It actually shocks me that he omitted the back...I can only guess that he thought his omission wouldn't matter? because how do you confuse the back for the chest? moo

ADMIN NOTE:

I just removed a string of posts that have NOTHING to do with the Walter Scott incident. DO NOT interject suggestions of racism or sexism. DO NOT cite other cases that have zero relevance to the shooting of Walter Scott. Sleuth and discuss only the facts of THIS case.

If you choose to not adhere to this, it will result in a loss of posting privileges.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. This wasn't Slager's first rodeo.

Please do not take this the wrong way, anyone, but I thank God every single day that I am a white woman. Not because I think I am better than anyone. But because I have rights that are actually respected and I have never lived in fear of LE (other than the fear of getting pulled over alone at night by some pretend cop, which never happened to me, shew).

I honestly do not know how minorities deal with this. It must be crippling to always live afraid, even when innocent.

I'm an older white male. LE seems sometimes to just focus on simplistic things. Their big thing is to try to catch a big fish, hence they look for excuses to pull you over and run warrants. It seemed inconceivable but that started happening to me just a few years ago when I was driving a car with a big red racing stripe. I was pulled over almost once a month on little stuff then the long wait while they ran me. I wanted so badly to ask one of these guys, do you think that only felons drive certain cars, or what? It got so bad we got rid of the car, one cop told us he would do that if he were me because 'this is gonna keep happening."

I wonder if the office in this case was trolling when he pulled over Scott for a minor issue like he did.

I'm an older white male. LE seems sometimes to just focus on simplistic things. Their big thing is to try to catch a big fish, hence they look for excuses to pull you over and run warrants. It seemed inconceivable but that started happening to me just a few years ago when I was driving a car with a big red racing stripe. I was pulled over almost once a month on little stuff then the long wait while they ran me. I wanted so badly to ask one of these guys, do you think that only felons drive certain cars, or what? It got so bad we got rid of the car, one cop told us he would do that if he were me because 'this is gonna keep happening."

I wonder if the office in this case was trolling when he pulled over Scott for a minor issue like he did.

I bought my first "all by myself" car when I was 19. I chose a red Celica Supra, few years old, but I thought I was sooooo cool.

My SIL, who is 10 years my senior, said "hope you put aside some extra money for tickets! Cops love red cars".

Now I WILL say I did get tickets for some things like having my sticker on the wrong side of my plate, or parking meter expiration. Could have been my total stupidity, but also could have been my red car.

Since I NEVER speed (total weenie), and didn't drive much outside a couple of hours from home, I wasn't much at risk for getting speeding tickets.

But a red car can certainly be a red flag to those profiling.....or trolling.

You make a good point.

but yet...'Slager, who said he felt threatened because Scott had taken the device, fired eight .45-caliber bullets from his Glock 21. Five of them plunged into Scott’s body. In Slager’s radio communications that local and state agencies released Wednesday after the newspaper pointed out that they were public record, the officer said that Scott had been shot in the chest and the buttocks'. http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150408/PC16/150409421/1177 moo

To paraphrase the Judge from Casey Anthony's trial: "the truth and Ex-Officer Slager are strangers".

Former officer Slager seemed to have no fear that he would ever be questioned on where the bullets actually hit Scott. Imo, Slager felt he could count on his superior officers to help him out of that discrepancy. The superior officer that said Slager should go home for a few and decompress needs a little more scrutiny here imo, otherwise these incidents will continue. It's not just the front line guys that are a costly problem. Jmo.

SLED was all over this from the start and Slager refused to speak to them.

Also, review the bystander video I posted above. It looks to me like he says there is a GSW to the chest when the other officer kind of rolls him over. Could have been a through and through wound that looked like it went into the chest?

I am so happy to see people speaking out at the trashing of Mr Scott that was taking place on here. I have not been commenting up to now because I was afraid to jump into what I knew would be a confrontation with some folks who blame the victim- I was worried I'd wind up saying something that would get me booted. Some of the stereotypical comments I've seen really aren't what I expect at all from other members. Happy that the mods put a lid on some of this stuff.

SLED was all over this from the start and Slager refused to speak to them.

Also, review the bystander video I posted above. It looks to me like he says there is a GSW to the chest when the other officer kind of rolls him over. Could have been a through and through wound that looked like it went into the chest?

So SLED has a body with 5 bullet holes, all fired from behind the deceased and they only took action against former officer Slager after the video surfaced? Not sure what SLED's definition of 'all over it' is.

The superior officer telling Slager he will be sent home for a few days and should jot down some notes is SLED? Don't think so.

He had a lawyer, they had to go thru his lawyer to question him.

So SLED has a body with 5 bullet holes, all fired from behind the deceased and they only took action against former officer Slager after the video surfaced? Not sure what SLED's definition of 'all over it' is.

The superior officer telling Slager he will be sent home for a few days and should jot down some notes is SLED? Don't think so.

No, the superior officer is not SLED.

about that...I'm trying to stick to the facts that we know and at the same time, give everybody the benefit of the doubt when possible. So, with that thinking, I'm thinking, (hoping), maybe the superior officer was just following his own training by letting Slager express himself? and then later, jotted down his own notes? If the superior had reacted with a' why are you laughing? You see something funny here?', it would have given Slager a major headsup-an unfair advantage, to go along with the already unfair advantage of a few days to think about his story. Either way, it worked. moo

Update on my earlier post that said Slager refused to speak to SLED. This was just released:

SLED: Agents had lengthy interview with Slager after dropping early attempt at questioning

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...r-after-dropping-early-attempt-at-questioning

I see that the lengthy interview took place in the office of his original lawyer - David Aylor. This seems like a huge mistake on Aylor's part to let his client talk to police investigators. It is rarely in the interest of person's facing criminal charges to talk to police. Adding insult to injury - after Aylor dropped Slager as a client he gave an interview with Politico in which he made it very clear that he dropped Slager - not the other way around and said "people could draw their on conclusions". To me this is highly unethical behavior on the part of a lawyer. The lawyer should have kept his mouth shut. If I was Slager I would take action to have Aylor disbarred.

I see that the lengthy interview took place in the office of his original lawyer - David Aylor. This seems like a huge mistake on Aylor's part to let his client talk to police investigators. It is rarely in the interest of person's facing criminal charges to talk to police. Adding insult to injury - after Aylor dropped Slager as a client he gave an interview with Politico in which he made it very clear that he dropped Slager - not the other way around and said "people could draw their on conclusions". To me this is highly unethical behavior on the part of a lawyer. The lawyer should have kept his mouth shut. If I was Slager I would take action to have Aylor disbarred.

Completely agree.

Didn't know Aylor did an interview with Politico--gonna go read it now.

Were I in Santana's position, I'd have been scared chitless, too. And may not have EVER gone to LE with my video....

Did Santana go to LE w the video?
IIRC, he provided it to someone, who provided Scott's fam, who provided to atty rep'ing them, who provided to LE.
Could be misremembering.

Anyone have a link stating Santana provided his cellphone vid directly to LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx