SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the department did the right thing so quickly. Usually the officer is put on paid leave and a lengthy investigation takes place.
I am curious though. If Mr. Scott had taken hold of the stun gun and took off with it in his possession, would the cop have been acting within his authority to open fire? Is it possible that the cop thought he had it, not realizing it fell to the ground? Just curious, as in sure it's going to be his main defense during the trial.

Awfully hard to make a case for imminent threat from someone running away, regardless of what they have in their hand.

Awfully hard to make a case for imminent threat from someone running away, regardless of what they have in their hand.

I understand. Just wondering if anything in their code book or whatever gives them that authority. I know they are allowed to take drastic measures if the suspect reaches for or takes an officer's gun. Was wondering what the protocol is surrounding stun guns and tasers.

The topic is coming up in a couple of minutes on CNN.

On CNN the police chief said he was sickened by what he saw on the tape.
Also said he doesn't know if CPR was performed.

We have already established that this cop didn't pull his taser by accident.
Unfortunately when there are so many of these cases it's easy to get them confused.
Often if you continue reading you will find that the mistake has been corrected already. :seeya:

This is the 73 year old cop that pulled his taser instead of his gun.
I don't know if we have a thread on it or not, but someone is free to start one.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/04/us/tulsa-police-shooting/index.html

Scott, 50, was a father of four and a Dallas Cowboy's fan, his brother said. The Scott family's attorney said Tuesday that he had a warrant out for his arrest stemming from outstanding child support payments when he was pulled over by Slager during Saturday's traffic stop, which the attorney said could be a reason why Scott began to run away from the officer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-v...ficer-unexpected-connection/story?id=30156112

What is the object that was dropped at the Officer's feet when Mr. Scott took off running.....did you all see that?
Then it does appear that the Officer then dropped something next to Mr. Scott.

Disgusting behaviour from the officer. I hope he gets full punishment for this. That video shows he straight out murdered him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-v...ficer-unexpected-connection/story?id=30156112

What is the object that was dropped at the Officer's feet when Mr. Scott took off running.....did you all see that?
Then it does appear that the Officer then dropped something next to Mr. Scott.

Please understand, I think this man was murdered. Why did Mr. Scott run? Was it over "owing" child support?

EVERY LE PERSON SHOULD HAVE BODY CAMS....PERIOD.

(ooops I thought I was editing my last post, apologies for quoting my own post)

The Daily Mail has a still pic enlarged which shows the taser string apparently attached to or lying on the officer. ??? But the taser gun appears to be on the ground. Could Scott have been shot with the taser and the string detached when he ran?? I have never seen a taser before so not sure what I was seeing. JMO

Is it just an awful coincidence that a few days ago, there was an auxiliary policeman who shot someone, thinking he was tasing them, or are we talking about two different cases here? Did the police officer in Charleston think he was shooting this guy with a taser or stun gun?

CNN just reported, that the family attorney for the Scott's, that there were 8 shots, with 5 of them hitting Mr. Scott. 4 in the Back, and one hitting him in the ear.

Is it just an awful coincidence that a few days ago, there was an auxiliary policeman who shot someone, thinking he was tasing them, or are we talking about two different cases here? Did the police officer in Charleston think he was shooting this guy with a taser or stun gun?

No, he didn't think he was shooting him with a taser.

this is not good....I feel so sad for the the Scott family.......thank goodness for phones with video. truth.

Two different cases. Also, when firing a taser, the trigger is pulled one time. He pulled the trigger 8 different times. He knew he was firing his pistol.

He also claimed the victim TOOK his taser.
So he'd have a hard time claiming he thought he was firing the taser he claimed was taken from him.
But, that is not what he is claiming anyway. That is another case.

the video is pretty horrifying , he was murdered period , yes thank God for the person who took that and so far the way the city has handled it is sooooooooooooo much better than Ferguson MO, this officer is clearly abusing power and he should be in prison!

Please understand, I think this man was murdered. Why did Mr. Scott run? Was it over "owing" child support?

EVERY LE PERSON SHOULD HAVE BODY CAMS....PERIOD.

(ooops I thought I was editing my last post, apologies for quoting my own post)

after seeing the video , I think he ran because he knew something wasn't right!
ETA: who knows what the liar murderer said to him. (angry too)

Why does that keep getting mentioned? Are we talking about two different cases??
Yes case 1. officer Slagle and Mr.Scott
case 2. 73 year old cop mistakes taser for gun

Lester Holt ‏@LesterHoltNBC 11m11 minutes ago
My exclusive interview with man who videotaped SC police shooting of Walter Scott tonight on @NBCNightlyNews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove