SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And resisting arrest, assaulting an officer also result in serious jail time but that is the decision Scott made. We can't legislate common sense unfortunately.

JMO

Do we know that Scott assualted Officer Slager? I may have missed that. If that can be proven it would change things greatly.

.... After which, it appears the officer tried to enhance his claim of "he's got my taser" by retrieving the taser (not anywhere NEAR the dead man Scott) and depositing it next to the murdered man's body....
sbm bbm

I did not hear or read that but I've missed a number of vids and articles.
When did he say that? Was it recorded? In his LE report? Quoted in MSM? Link pls, anyone?

Are ppl interp'ing ^that to mean -
LEO claims Mr Scott has taser now, 'he's got' = present tense, ATM LEO was saying that?

Or from another perspective, is it possible
LEO said- 'he got my taser' - 'got' = past tense, 1, 2, 3, or 10 min. ago, he got taser out of my hand -
without regard to where taser is now - as LEO is relating chronology.

Not saying either way, just speculating or looking for link. Thx in adv.

Do we know that Scott assualted Officer Slager? I may have missed that. If that can be proven it would change things greatly.

The witness said they were on the ground scuffling and that's why he started to video. And he helpfully fills in the gaps with his version of what transpired that he didn't capture on video. He reminds me of the kid who was with Michael Brown. He wrapped a lie around a nugget of truth. In reality, if Officer Slager had control over Scott, Scott would not have been able to jump up and continue fleeing.

JMO

The witness said they both were on the ground scuffling and he gave that as the reason he began video taping. If you want to believe he has lied, that's up to you.

JMO

My previous post never said anything about anyone lying. I'd appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth. Let's stick to the facts available in MSM. I do not think the witness is lying. I do think the officer lied, and there is proof with his doing so when he was video taped dropping the taser next to Mr. Scott's body. There is video showing the taser was about 3 feet behind the officer and the victim about 15 or so feet in front of the officer when the officer fired his weapon.

Police are trained to shoot to kill. Malice aforethought means he had the intent to kill.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/malice-aforethought/

Malice aforethought is the the deliberate intent to cause death or great bodily harm to another person before a person commits the crime. Malice aforethought is an element that must be proved in the crime of first degree murder. This description of the perpetrator's state of mind basically means that he or she had an intent to inflict injury without legal justification or excuse (legal justification included such defenses as self-defense, while excuse includes mental illness and duress).

Malice aforethought is comprised of any one of the following three elements: (1) an intent to kill; (2) an intent to inflict grievous bodily injury; or (3) an intent to act in a manner that creates a plain and strong likelihood that death or grievous harm will follow. Of these three prongs of malice, the first two prongs require a specific intent on the part of the defendant, measured subjectively, while the third prong only requires a general intent, measured both subjectively and objectively. Accordingly, malice aforethought may exist without an actual intent to kill or do grievous bodily harm, if there is proof of the "third prong" of malice. This simply means that the perpetrator knew of circumstances that a reasonably prudent person would have known created a plain and strong likelihood of death or grievous bodily harm resulting from the perpetrator's act. The law can infer malice from circumstantial evidence, such as from the intentional use of a deadly weapon.
Supreme court case Graham v Connor states LE are given wide latitude and benefit of the doubt in use of force/deadly force cases. It also acknowledges LE having to use split second judgement during tense, rapidly changing and uncertain situations.

No, they didn't lie. They rendered first aid but CPR can't be given if wounds are gushing blood. The first step of CPR is to assess the victim.

JMO

They looked like they had no clue what to do. Slager certainly didn't render any first aid. He handcuffed him and walked back to get the thing on the ground. After that, he stood around looking at the victim.

No, they didn't lie. They rendered first aid but CPR can't be given if wounds are gushing blood. The first step of CPR is to assess the victim.

JMO

LE claimed they gave CPR in the police reports.

Whether or not CPR can be performed on a gunshot victim is irrelevant. They reported they did. They lied.

I wish that people wouldn't run from LE over things like this.

Don't run from LE over something that would probably not result in any serious jail time. Running at the minimum results in longer jail time. JMO.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/wa...over-child-support-court-records-show-n339151
good advice, but some people have a natural inclination to panic. I've known people who've hidden in their own homes when cops showed up. And for no reason! just didn't want to deal with them. I've also known people who slipped out the back door instead of facing cops. And I knew one guy who took off running after he wrecked his own car. And it was a 1 vehicle wreck and he hadn't done a thing illegal. Idk why, but it's human nature for some people and I don't think they should necessarily be faulted, (especially not killed), for being less mature or 'together'. moo

sbm bbm

I did not hear or read that but I've missed a number of vids and articles.
When did he say that? Was it recorded? In his LE report? Quoted in MSM? Link pls, anyone?

Are ppl interp'ing ^that to mean -
LEO claims Mr Scott has taser now, 'he's got' = present tense, ATM LEO was saying that?

Or from another perspective, is it possible
LEO said- 'he got my taser' - 'got' = past tense, 1, 2, 3, or 10 min. ago, he got taser out of my hand -
without regard to where taser is now - as LEO is relating chronology.

Not saying either way, just speculating or looking for link. Thx in adv.

It was in the police dispatch Officer Slager made immediately after the shooting that the other officers heard but don't have link handy. Scott did have Officer Slager's taser prongs sticking out of his body. As to be expected, lotsa contradictions in this case. Witness admitted he saw a struggle.

JMO

Pretty sure Slager would have said by now if Scott had told him he had a gun.

Respectfully, Slager has no obligation to say anything to anybody, except:
- atty rep'ing him re crim charges (if he wishes to do so),
- whatever employment terms (poss LEO labor union contract?) require him to respond to (if it applies post-employment).

Sometimes better for a def to communicate to MSM or thru SM. Sometimes not.

LE claimed they gave CPR in the police reports.

Whether or not CPR can be performed on a gunshot victim is irrelevant. They reported they did. They lied.

They also said they gave first aid and there is video of officers giving first aid. There is not video of every actual second.

JMO

good advice, but some people have a natural inclination to panic. I've known people who've hidden in their own homes when cops showed up. And for no reason! just didn't want to deal with them. I've also known people who slipped out the back door instead of facing cops. And I knew one guy who took off running after he wrecked his own car. And it was a 1 vehicle wreck and he hadn't done a thing illegal. Idk why, but it's human nature for some people and I don't think they should necessarily be faulted, (especially not killed), for being less mature or 'together'. moo

It is a fault when you do something wrong like running from police. JMO.

They also said they gave first aid and there is video of officers giving first aid. There is not video of every actual second.

JMO
Your right. They may have performed CPR after the video stopped and before EMS arrived. JMO.

My previous post never said anything about anyone lying. I'd appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth. Let's stick to the facts available in MSM. I do not think the witness is lying. I do think the officer lied, and there is proof with his doing so when he was video taped dropping the taser next to Mr. Scott's body. There is video showing the taser was about 3 feet behind the officer and the victim about 15 or so feet in front of the officer when the officer fired his weapon.

If they scuffled over the taser, then the taser will have Scott's prints on it. He had the prongs sticking out of his leg. Dropping the taser next to Scott's body isn't evidence of a lie because the taser itself contained evidence. If the Officer was going to lie, he would have placed the taser in Scott's hand.

JMO

They looked like they had no clue what to do. Slager certainly didn't render any first aid. He handcuffed him and walked back to get the thing on the ground. After that, he stood around looking at the victim.
and after he fired the shots, he looked around... for what, Idk, maybe witnesses? One thing that shocked me and I mean made me sick, was how close he was to Mr. Scott when he fired. Idk why, but I was expecting them to be farther away from each other. And his calmness shocked me. just standing around looking at the results of what he'd done. I haven't figured out why he sounded 'out of breath' and kind of high pitched on the phone? because that voice didn't mesh with his physical demeanor, imo. If somebody was so worn out that he was out of breath, I'd expect his physical to match his vocal.... out of breath=doubled over, clutching side, maybe having to sit down, something.... I only watched the video once, (can't bear to see it again), but I don't remember any of those things. moo

If they scuffled over the taser, then the taser will have Scott's prints on it. He had the prongs sticking out of his leg. Dropping the taser next to Scott's body isn't evidence of a lie because the taser itself contained evidence. If the Officer was going to lie, he would have placed the taser in Scott's hand.

JMO
I doubt that, because during the course of being shot at 8 times, he would have dropped it out of reflex, or turned around and fired back. moo

Your right. They may have performed CPR after the video stopped and before EMS arrived. JMO.

There is video of cops feeling for his pulse. Evidently he had one and so the next step was to apply pressure to his wounds because the blood was circulating but was pouring out of his wounds. CPR would have been a step only when his heart stopped circulating after the pressure was applied and we don't have video of every moment.

JMO

Complaints against Michael Slager: (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69