SC SC - Zachary Malinowski, 19, Aynor, 25 Aug 2013 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
$30k for a murder charge is ridiculous. ..only thing I can think of,is the judge knew in advance they would be unable to post bond at that level.

$30k for a murder charge is ridiculous. ..only thing I can think of,is the judge knew in advance they would be unable to post bond at that level.

Horry County is ridiculous, period. The LEO's out there routinely drop the ball on so many cases. That is if they ever get a ball rolling to begin with. I hate to be critical of law enforcement in general terms...there are so many good men and women in what's becoming an under appreciated field; These folks put their lives on the line to keep others safe and continuously get a bad rap these days (although a handful of them well deserve it, too). My point though is that Horry County could do a lot better, IMO. They certainly aren't making it any easier for the good, honest officers out there who are trying do right. Seems it might serve them well to clean house a little bit and get some fresh faces on their force. But what more can we expect from a good 'ol boys club?
I just hope they can get their act together eventually. Zachary, along with many others deserve justice. They deserve to be laid to rest. Their families deserve some sort of peace. My heart breaks for the victims and families of such crimes in that county.

Horry County is ridiculous, period. The LEO's out there routinely drop the ball on so many cases. That is if they ever get a ball rolling to begin with. I hate to be critical of law enforcement in general terms...there are so many good men and women in what's becoming an under appreciated field; These folks put their lives on the line to keep others safe and continuously get a bad rap these days (although a handful of them well deserve it, too). My point though is that Horry County could do a lot better, IMO. They certainly aren't making it any easier for the good, honest officers out there who are trying do right. Seems it might serve them well to clean house a little bit and get some fresh faces on their force. But what more can we expect from a good 'ol boys club?
I just hope they can get their act together eventually. Zachary, along with many others deserve justice. They deserve to be laid to rest. Their families deserve some sort of peace. My heart breaks for the victims and families of such crimes in that county.

LE is not responsible for what the judges do. It is highly frustrating for LE and the prosecutor's office to put together a case and then have a judge let the perp right back out on the streets.

"Family of missing Aynor teen still searching two years later"

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/29915498/family-of-missing-aynor-teen-still-searching-two-years-later

The family of missing Aynor teen, Zachary Malinowski's, says two years without their son is more than enough.

The family is more determined than ever though, to find the son they miss so much.

"I love him, and I miss him more and more each day,” said mother Melissa Marcus. “All I can ask is for someone to please come forward and help us."

http://wpde.com/news/local/man-char...-aynor-teen-arrested-after-shooting-in-conway

Christopher Anfony Brown, 21, of Conway, has been arrested and charged after a shooting in Conway on Friday night.
Brown is out on bond on a murder charge in the death of missing Aynor teen Zachary Malinowski. His bond was set at $30,000 in May by Judge Culbertson on that murder charge.

Ridiculously LOW bond and now another person has been shot. Hopefully the judge will do better this time.

dude so now two other ppl have been shot, one dead, because these two murdering a-holes were given a low bond. awesome.

dude so now two other ppl have been shot, one dead, because these two murdering a-holes were given a low bond. awesome.

News13 investigates: Revolving door in the legal system for people charged with violent crimes
http://wbtw.com/2016/12/01/men-accu...ed-for-other-violent-crimes-when-out-on-bond/

Both men were granted a $50,000 bond in that case and were back out on the streets when police say they committed other crimes.
In November of last year, police said Brown shot a man in the leg at a Burger King. He faces attempted murder, weapons and drug charges in that case.
On Thursday, Gibbs was arrested for another kidnapping and murder. Police say he killed Laquan Johnson in September at a home on Kimberly drive in Conway.

Hopefully no bond for this murder charge. When the murder charges start piling up, it is past time to protect the public.

Malinowski misses birthday, family still searching

http://www.fox8live.com/story/34081519/malinowski-misses-birthday-family-still-searching

Zachary Malinowski was last seen playing basketball at the Aynor Town Park over three years ago. On his birthday, his friends and family are left only with old pictures and old memories.

“I was the first person he met. We went to Kingston Elementary School off of 905,” said Austin Crafton, Malinowski’s best friend. “Ever since he moved to Aynor in eighth grade and we were best friends, he’d come to my house every weekend. Every time we’d get out of school we were together.”

Zachary’s mother, Missy Jordan, has been working with the Cue Center for Missing Persons. She said she will never give up looking for her son.

“Today would have been his, you know, 23rd birthday,” said Missy Jordan. "He would have been a young man now instead of a teenager.”

Malinowski kidnapping, murder suspect will go to trial in September

http://wbtw.com/2017/08/17/malinowski-kidnapping-murder-suspect-will-go-to-trial-in-september/

Court rosters show one of the men accused of kidnapping and killing Zachary Malinowski will be in court the week of September 4.

Javon Gibbs was charged with murder and kidnapping after Malinowski went missing in 2013. A relative found the burnt remains of his car in the woods in September of 2013 but his body has still not been found.

In August 2013, 19-year-old Zachary Malinowski disappeared from his home in the early-morning hours. Two suspects, Javon Gibbs and Christopher Brown, have since been charged with kidnapping and murdering the teen, although he has yet to be found.

The suspects in Malinowski’s disappearance have not yet gone to trial, according to a search of the Horry County Public Index.

Report: SC has 184 open missing persons cases

Article from December 2019

Family celebrates son's birthday-- 6 years after his disappearance
Birthdays are some people's favorite time of the year. It's a time to celebrate your loved one and their life, but for Zachary Malinowski's family, it's a day to keep his memory alive.
[...]
Two men have been charged in connection with the case, but as of now, their trials are on hold. Rabon said the family hasn't seen as many developments in the case as they would like but they are keeping the faith.

"We've been told that we can't comment on it too much. The justice system is a really slow process sometimes, and it's really confusing for a lot of people, and you just have to be patient and know that things are going to work out the way they should be. I think, more than anything, I can speak for myself, more than anything that can happen judicially, we just want him to be brought home," said Rabon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachesisjenny
Back