Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As of Friday morning, police spokesman Sam Clemens said he does not know whether there's anything suspicious about the situation at this point. Officers have received several tips since Wednesday, but have not managed to find her yet, he said.

A relative called police and reported her missing, he said.

"She basically left, and that's unusual behavior for her," Clemens said. "She doesn't just do that, so there was some concerns."

Initially, the report was made to just try and find her and make sure she was OK, Clemens said. Then detectives reached out to him yesterday and asked for the public's help.

If you see Armstrong or her car, please call 911.
Sioux Falls police ask for public's help in finding missing woman

With all of these new missing persons cases, in the US (especially ones in the bigger cities) the first thing that comes to my mind is; did they come across a radical rioter? What is the likelihood of that happening? God, I hope that didn’t happen. Please, please, please be safe.

With all of these new missing persons cases, in the US (especially ones in the bigger cities) the first thing that comes to my mind is; did they come across a radical rioter? What is the likelihood of that happening? God, I hope that didn’t happen. Please, please, please be safe.
I live in Chicago where the riots were really bad. No one was kidnapped, carjacked or killed. I doubt her disappearance is related to any protests, non violent, or looting in the area. I'm hoping she just needed a break or had a vehicular accident where she will be found soon.

I think this is a reasonable and logical question to start with for all missing adults and teens at this current stressful time.
What is different in this time period for the person, when there are lots of new people in town, traveling, passing through perhaps and maybe the excitement of becoming involved with a social movement appeals to some types of personalities. I might have run off as a young teen or young adult myself if I met an adventurous group to travel around the country with.
I have been watching the live video streaming of the protesters in cities across the country and they are so full of life, and boisterous energies and they come out at night! As a mother now I tell my young adult daughters..." nothing good happens after midnight" hoping they won't be as attracted to the nightlife as I was in the 80s.

I'll be following and hoping for safe return for Angela.
JMO

I don't think our local protests had anything to do with her disappearance. We are not that big of city so we didn't have large numbers of people coming here for protests. That being said, Sioux Falls is pretty much wide open now that any city issued Covid restrictions (we didn't have a lot of state wide restrictions) have been lifted so we are getting more visitors and we typically see a lot of people passing through.

I don't know Angie but we have mutual friends. All of them say it would be unlike her to just take off and leave her kids. Some questioned if an accident was possible but so far no one has found signs of that. We are a pretty rural area and so it could be awhile before someone spots signs of an accident. It hasn't been disclosed if they know where she was headed. Many locals, her friends, and family have been doing searches for her car and they were trying to track her phone. There has been some discussion about planning and organized search but I haven't seen any definitive plans regarding that. If you search her name on facebook, you will see that her family has been posting a lot.

MOO

Why would she leave her home and two children at midnight? Was she running out for a pack of cigarettes? What else could it be that she couldn't wait for morning? Was someone else awake at that time who saw her go? Was she upset over something? Who could she have been meeting at that time of night? What is even opened at that time of night?
I am leaning toward an accident there she ran off the road and the car hasn't been discovered yet.

I don't think our local protests had anything to do with her disappearance. We are not that big of city so we didn't have large numbers of people coming here for protests. That being said, Sioux Falls is pretty much wide open now that any city issued Covid restrictions (we didn't have a lot of state wide restrictions) have been lifted so we are getting more visitors and we typically see a lot of people passing through.

I don't know Angie but we have mutual friends. All of them say it would be unlike her to just take off and leave her kids. Some questioned if an accident was possible but so far no one has found signs of that. We are a pretty rural area and so it could be awhile before someone spots signs of an accident. It hasn't been disclosed if they know where she was headed. Many locals, her friends, and family have been doing searches for her car and they were trying to track her phone. There has been some discussion about planning and organized search but I haven't seen any definitive plans regarding that. If you search her name on facebook, you will see that her family has been posting a lot.

MOO

Do you know anything about who saw her before she left? And is midnight an assumption? Her suddenly leaving in the night is strange indeed, it's been 8 days I cannot imagine how people close to her must feel. Horrified I guess.

The only relieve I can think of is her just taking off because of mental collapse, and she is now somewhere but just not telling anybody. Your city is connected to the 29 and the 90, that must make the search difficult to pin point.

Do you know anything about who saw her before she left? And is midnight an assumption? Her suddenly leaving in the night is strange indeed, it's been 8 days I cannot imagine how people close to her must feel. Horrified I guess.

The only relieve I can think of is her just taking off because of mental collapse, and she is now somewhere but just not telling anybody. Your city is connected to the 29 and the 90, that must make the search difficult to pin point.

I do not know any more info than the info posted to that page regarding the time. I think it was her older son if I remember correctly that gave the 12 - 1 AM time frame. No mention has been given regarding why she left or if they knew where she was headed. I know that some of her family was in Sioux Falls to search last weekend and they were trying to find her vehicle and her phone but that is all they have shared. I know people that have been looking in random places and parking lots around the area but they weren't part of the family search.

I cannot imagine how here loved ones are dealing with this. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli