Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Angela Armstrong
June 9 at 6:16 PM ·
**Please be mindful of comments and posts to this page as the family and close friends read them. Everything and all things that can be done to locate her are being done! The police are actively investigating this case. We hope nobody experiences this kind of pain of trying to find a loved one that goes missing!!! ! It is not like what you see on TV..... ***

As of June 12th, 2020 the following has been done....
1. A land and car search done by family and friends on the weekend of June 6th.... it was a small search but all day....
2. On June 11th an air search was conducted by a small plane in Sioux Falls and unfortunately nothing came of that.
3. On Star - again cannot be activated with a warrant or paying for her subscription due to FCC privacy laws...it is very frustrating for us as well!!!!
4. Law enforcement is working with her cell phone provider and banking institution.
5. There are things being done daily to locate Angie!
6. When the family organizes a more extensive search the details will posted to this page asking for help.

***Again THANK YOU all for caring and wanting to help us find her as much as we do!!! We are very grateful!!!! *** ❤️❤️❤️

The latest information will be posted to this page as it is made available to us. Therefore, please check this page before sending any messages to the family. This page is to keep everyone informed with the most recent and correct information and alleviate the multiple messages, texts, and phone calls to family members. Thank you all for caring so much about our Angela "Angie" and wanting to help us find her!

On June 3rd, 2020 between 12:00-1:00 AM, Angie left her house and told her son she would be back. Angie did not return home and was reported missing later in the day. It is unlike Angie to leave and not return home. She is gone. She is missing. She has three children and two of them currently live at home with her. The two youngest children are currently safe at their home with their grandma (Grammy).

As of June 9th, 2020 this is what we know...
The police are actively investigating Angie's disappearance.
1. The police are working with her cell phone provider and banking institution to obtain what is needed.
2. On Star cannot be utilized to locate Angie's car. Unfortunately, FCC privacy laws require the number assigned to a car to be wiped clean without a current subscription or renewed subscription. Therefore, her On Star can only be activated from within her car. This is the only way even with a warrant or paid subscription to On Star for her car. On Star will activate without a subscription if the car is in an accident or has been reported stolen.
3. Family conducted a small search over the past weekend- June 6th-7th. If another search is organized the details will be posted to this page.

32 Comments130 Shares
Comment

Public page with family~

Is it normal for Angela to leave the house on a Wednesday at such a weird hour? I wonder how old the son is?

Was she working or laid off? She was reported missing pretty quickly.

Is it normal for Angela to leave the house on a Wednesday at such a weird hour? I wonder how old the son is?

Was she working or laid off? She was reported missing pretty quickly.

I was just coming here to ask these same questions. Without knowing the ages of her children, where did she need to go at midnight? And were the children then left home alone or is there some unidentified adult who was there with the kids?

Thanks @Warwick7 for the head's up on Angela's case.

I guess I have the same questions as all of you.
The son she told she'd be back, how old is that boy?
Is he sure that's what she said?
She left 2 kids home alone at midnight?
Is that a common thing she does?
Did she say where she was going?
I can't imagine running out and not telling any of my kids where I was going.
"Going to get a cheeseburger, back in a few" kind of thing.
I also can't imagine going out at that time of night, unless it was urgent.

Is there a husband/boyfriend/ex?
Does she have a restraining order against anyone?
Criminal history or history of mental illness or suicidal?
Is there a side hustle no one knows about?

The last couple of months have been ridiculously stressful for all of us.
I can't imagine what her family must be feeling. :(

2. On Star cannot be utilized to locate Angie's car. Unfortunately, FCC privacy laws require the number assigned to a car to be wiped clean without a current subscription or renewed subscription. Therefore, her On Star can only be activated from within her car. This is the only way even with a warrant or paid subscription to On Star for her car. On Star will activate without a subscription if the car is in an accident or has been reported stolen.

Public page with family~
This piece of information is very interesting. OnStar CAN be turned on without a subscription!!! If the car is reported stolen. So the technology exists for them to turn it on.

One way a family of a missing persons with OnStar could get that info would no to report that car stolen! Now there is the question of whether that is a crime to “falsely report.”

But it seems to contradict what either LE or OnStar is telling the family. I can’t understand why they are telling the family that they can’t get it with a warrant. A judge can order anything - the judge could weigh privacy interests. But if the technology exists to turn it on, a judge can order it. A company may appeal - think Apple fighting iPhone warrants.

I wonder if there are plate readers in SD. Or many homes with videos nearby that could show which way she drove. Scant facts to go on. Glad her kids are with their grandma.

Thanks for summing up the missing page facts @Knox

ETA - This made me curious about warrants - interesting article about OnStar etc and Warrants
Cartapping: How Feds Have Spied On Connected Cars For 15 Years

Last edited:
Missing Angela Armstrong
June 9 at 6:16 PM ·
**Please be mindful of comments and posts to this page as the family and close friends read them. Everything and all things that can be done to locate her are being done! The police are actively investigating this case. We hope nobody experiences this kind of pain of trying to find a loved one that goes missing!!! ! It is not like what you see on TV..... ***

As of June 12th, 2020 the following has been done....
1. A land and car search done by family and friends on the weekend of June 6th.... it was a small search but all day....
2. On June 11th an air search was conducted by a small plane in Sioux Falls and unfortunately nothing came of that.
3. On Star - again cannot be activated with a warrant or paying for her subscription due to FCC privacy laws...it is very frustrating for us as well!!!!
4. Law enforcement is working with her cell phone provider and banking institution.
5. There are things being done daily to locate Angie!
6. When the family organizes a more extensive search the details will posted to this page asking for help.

***Again THANK YOU all for caring and wanting to help us find her as much as we do!!! We are very grateful!!!! *** ❤️❤️❤️

The latest information will be posted to this page as it is made available to us. Therefore, please check this page before sending any messages to the family. This page is to keep everyone informed with the most recent and correct information and alleviate the multiple messages, texts, and phone calls to family members. Thank you all for caring so much about our Angela "Angie" and wanting to help us find her!

On June 3rd, 2020 between 12:00-1:00 AM, Angie left her house and told her son she would be back. Angie did not return home and was reported missing later in the day. It is unlike Angie to leave and not return home. She is gone. She is missing. She has three children and two of them currently live at home with her. The two youngest children are currently safe at their home with their grandma (Grammy).

As of June 9th, 2020 this is what we know...
The police are actively investigating Angie's disappearance.
1. The police are working with her cell phone provider and banking institution to obtain what is needed.
3. Family conducted a small search over the past weekend- June 6th-7th. If another search is organized the details will be posted to this page.

32 Comments130 Shares
Comment

Public page with family~

Jumping off your post to ask:

Re: OnStar

If her vehicle is missing, no one knows if it's been stolen or not, so can it be reported as stolen and then have OnStar activated?

ETA: sorry, @momsof3, I didn't see that you posted basically the same thing before I did :)

This piece of information is very interesting. OnStar CAN be turned on without a subscription!!! If the car is reported stolen. So the technology exists for them to turn it on.

One way a family of a missing persons with OnStar could get that info would no to report that car stolen! Now there is the question of whether that is a crime to “falsely report.”

But it seems to contradict what either LE or OnStar is telling the family. I can’t understand why they are telling the family that they can’t get it with a warrant. A judge can order anything - the judge could weigh privacy interests. But if the technology exists to turn it on, a judge can order it. A company may appeal - think Apple fighting iPhone warrants.

I wonder if there are plate readers in SD. Or many homes with videos nearby that could show which way she drove. Scant facts to go on. Glad her kids are with their grandma.

Thanks for summing up the missing page facts @Knox

ETA - This made me curious about warrants - interesting article about OnStar etc and Warrants
Cartapping: How Feds Have Spied On Connected Cars For 15 Years
I wondered about that particular bit of information, so thank you!

Posts by an Admin of the official FB page can be brought here. All comments by others are not allowed.
I didn't realize only posts by the admin can be mentioned. Is that new?
I always thought it was the page url that was okay to post, just not the comments, except for things like "interesting comment by ABC" with the link to the comment thread.

I always thought it was the page url that was okay to post, just not the comments, except for things like "interesting comment by ABC" with the link to the comment thread.
Ohhhh and I have to leave for work.
Hoping I can pop in and out through out the day.

Yes, it's fine to direct members to a comment that is "interesting". It just can't be discussed here.

From The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back