Found Deceased SD - Angela Armstrong, 45, Sioux Falls, 3 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Angela.

It seems like there's not enough information and urgency to find her.

Have any hard questions been asked ?
Like, did she ever disappear before for a few days, only this time it's been much longer ?
One of my coworker's sisters does that; and is the reason she's raising her niece.
No disrespect meant to my coworker who defends her sister to the heavens.
But there are issues w/the sibling that she says are just a "bump in the road".
Imo.
I'm not finding anything for the past few days - where is the urgency??

I, too, am baffled at where she was going at midnight. She said she'd be back soon? Does she smoke? Maybe she ran out of cigarettes and had to run to the gas station? Did she get hungry and have nothing at home so she was going to go through a fast food drive-thru (if they are even open this late during the pandemic)? Possibly meeting up with someone for something?

I hope her cell phone records bring some answers. I'm curious who she last spoke with and if she talked to anyone right before midnight.

I'm sure many people struggle with this question - as do I. As you point out, she wouldn't have to be a smoker to go somewhere at midnight. The question is, why & where. She could be a coffee drinker who was about to fill her coffee maker for the next morning and realized she was out of coffee. She could have been hungry & went looking for a snack. Or she could have decided to catch last call for a quick nightcap before bed. She could have even been going for a quick work out at a local 24 hour fitness facility (assuming anywhere was open). The reality is that most of us don't know her habits, and her friends, family, coworkers, & investigators that might know her habits just aren't sharing details. I have also wondered about whether she could have been going to meet up with a friend or possibly give a friend a ride home from a bar. But those possibilities bring another party into play and that other party should have either spoken up by now to say that Angie never arrived to meet them, that they did indeed see Angie after she'd left her home that night, otherwise the other party would also be missing (in the scenario where Angie had picked them up and perhaps they had an accident on their way home). So that leaves the possibility that - *IF* she was going to meet someone - that person is hiding details or possibly responsible for her disappearance.

Following the idea that, in absence of additional detail, the simple answer is the most likely, I would guess that if she was running an errand or going for a snack/nightcap, no one else was aware if it. And also that she either never got to her destination, or that anyone she may have encountered while she was there did not know her, recognize her, remember encountering her, or is living under a rock and doesnt know she's missing. (Or is for some reason hiding info from family/investigators.)
Following those thoughts, the "simplest" answer may be that she was going somewhere and ran off the road. Possibly (as someone else recently stated) into a body of water, or perhaps a deep ditch/ravine, trees, or some other place where the vehicle wasn't readily visible. Unfortunately, family & investigator aren't even sharing what part of town Angie lived in or any information about places she may frequent so it's hard for anyone to check any potential routes she may have taken. And if something like that did happen, theres likely a limited amount of time for a passerby to notice skidmarks or vehicle tracks that might be leaving a roadway.

I'm sure many people struggle with this question - as do I. As you point out, she wouldn't have to be a smoker to go somewhere at midnight. The question is, why & where. She could be a coffee drinker who was about to fill her coffee maker for the next morning and realized she was out of coffee. She could have been hungry & went looking for a snack. Or she could have decided to catch last call for a quick nightcap before bed. She could have even been going for a quick work out at a local 24 hour fitness facility (assuming anywhere was open). The reality is that most of us don't know her habits, and her friends, family, coworkers, & investigators that might know her habits just aren't sharing details. I have also wondered about whether she could have been going to meet up with a friend or possibly give a friend a ride home from a bar. But those possibilities bring another party into play and that other party should have either spoken up by now to say that Angie never arrived to meet them, that they did indeed see Angie after she'd left her home that night, otherwise the other party would also be missing (in the scenario where Angie had picked them up and perhaps they had an accident on their way home). So that leaves the possibility that - *IF* she was going to meet someone - that person is hiding details or possibly responsible for her disappearance.

Following the idea that, in absence of additional detail, the simple answer is the most likely, I would guess that if she was running an errand or going for a snack/nightcap, no one else was aware if it. And also that she either never got to her destination, or that anyone she may have encountered while she was there did not know her, recognize her, remember encountering her, or is living under a rock and doesnt know she's missing. (Or is for some reason hiding info from family/investigators.)
Following those thoughts, the "simplest" answer may be that she was going somewhere and ran off the road. Possibly (as someone else recently stated) into a body of water, or perhaps a deep ditch/ravine, trees, or some other place where the vehicle wasn't readily visible. Unfortunately, family & investigator aren't even sharing what part of town Angie lived in or any information about places she may frequent so it's hard for anyone to check any potential routes she may have taken. And if something like that did happen, theres likely a limited amount of time for a passerby to notice skidmarks or vehicle tracks that might be leaving a roadway.
I live in an area where indeed someone was missing, found weeks later car upside down in a ravine that was full of water. So sad, and would’ve been found with a search.

I get so bummed when the info is few and far between. Or it’s out there but not able to be shared. Sometimes I just want to scream, post about your loved one! It will help!

So little info here it’s hard to dig in and come up with ideas. Praying she’s ok.

I live in an area where indeed someone was missing, found weeks later car upside down in a ravine that was full of water. So sad, and would’ve been found with a search.

I get so bummed when the info is few and far between. Or it’s out there but not able to be shared. Sometimes I just want to scream, post about your loved one! It will help!

So little info here it’s hard to dig in and come up with ideas. Praying she’s ok.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that if her car was involved in an accident her OnStar would be activated, so wherever her car is. It must be intact. Otherwise the tracking mechanism has failed.

There are a few lakes within an hour of so from Sioux Falls.

I can't think of a location where she could have left the road and ended up in the Big Sioux River where there wouldn't be noticable damage/markings. Those roads are pretty well traveled and people report damage to barricades and such here. There are some local parks with what I would consider easier access to the river though. I would think someone would have seen signs of a vehicle going into the river if that were the case...tracks in the grass, broken trees, other damage, etc. Most of those parks are pretty busy this time of year. It is possible those signs were missed though.

It is hard to say where to look so many of us in area are just looking everywhere around town and when traveling. We are pretty rural around Sioux Falls though so depending on if she left city limits, someone may not come across a wreck for a while. I too think OnStar would alert if the vehicle was in an accident unless there was a failure.

I agree that even a part of town would be helpful with regards to searching. At one time, it sounded like the family was going to organize a larger search but I haven't seen that mentioned lately. If they do, maybe we will get a more narrowed down location.

Not sure what to make of the latest LE statement either but her family has been actively trying to share Angie's missing posters all over. I am guessing based on the info shared on the family run FB page that they and LE know more than they are sharing with the public. Here's a link again to the page: Missing Angela Armstrong

Hopefully, we get some news soon.

Or in a completely different state (as in location). You can hit the road and go for Interstate 90 or 29. Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota are closeby. Or you can go up north towards Fargo, North Dokota.

Going east, west and north, there is a lot of ''nothing'' in between places. (Not as in meaningless). When heading south in little over an hour you will be in Sioux city.

If her car hit the water, her On Star would be activated (as I understood it), and thus a location would be known.
There are cameras at certain intersections here. I am in MN right off the interstate.

Also before you leave SD there is a check point. When you get into ND there is a second check point. All of which have cameras.

What I'm about to say, please no one take offence to.

I have some of my closest friends live in Sioux Falls. During the day I love being there.

However, when both of my daughters were engaged and we went to SF looking at bridal shops, we always knew when to leave.

About 6:30 7pm the atmosphere changed. Rougher people were out and about. We always knew when to head out of town.

That said, no way, no how would I leave to go anywhere at midnight and tell others "Ill be right back."

There are cameras at certain intersections here. I am in MN right off the interstate.

Also before you leave SD there is a check point. When you get into ND there is a second check point. All of which have cameras.

And going south to Sioux City same deal when approaching the city. Going west towards Chamberlain they also have cameras. SafeTravel USA

So LE must be all over those, but the quality of the images isn't that great. And she left around midnight...

What I'm about to say, please no one take offence to.

I have some of my closest friends live in Sioux Falls. During the day I love being there.

However, when both of my daughters were engaged and we went to SF looking at bridal shops, we always knew when to leave.

About 6:30 7pm the atmosphere changed. Rougher people were out and about. We always knew when to head out of town.

That said, no way, no how would I leave to go anywhere at midnight and tell others "Ill be right back."

I totally understand what you are saying! We are approximately 30-45 minutes from there. Normally we would be up the a few times a week. However recently I have just started going to Yankton unless there is something very specific I'm after that I can only get in sioux falls. My husband works there everyday.

I'm not saying that Sioux Falls is a bad place, so please don't take anything that way. Personally, there are certain parts of town that I just don't feel comfortable going to..... even in the daytime. Across from the courthouse/police station/jail on Minnesota ave, I will do everything in my power to stay out of that neck of the woods regardless what time of what day it is. Jmho

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that if her car was involved in an accident her OnStar would be activated, so wherever her car is. It must be intact. Otherwise the tracking mechanism has failed.
How fast would OnStar short out/be disabled if the car did get submerged or the electrical system were disabled for due to accident or manual intervention? Does OnStar have a temporary power source of it's own? Are there situations or locations where it's ability to transmit may be hindered?

How fast would OnStar short out/be disabled if the car did get submerged or the electrical system were disabled for due to accident or manual intervention? Does OnStar have a temporary power source of it's own? Are there situations or locations where it's ability to transmit may be hindered?

I guess pretty fast according to this article:
OnStar Helps Woman Trapped in a Sinking Vehicle

I haven't come across a malfunction report. But off course those exist. There are also multiple videos on youtube of methods to completely remove OnStar.

There are definitely parts of Sioux Falls that I would avoid at certain times, especially if I was alone. Generally though, I feel pretty safe in most of SF. Many people feel SF has gone downhill in terms of safety and crime though. We have plenty of violent crimes here, especially in certain sections of town. That all being said, I know many people that wouldn't bat at eye at venturing out alone in SF in the middle of the night though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexoing
Back